collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279963 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #420 on: August 24, 2022, 04:40:48 PM »
I don’t want a round badge either, just a golden lion and the rest speaks for itself.
This.

My feedback was that there isn’t any need for a shield, circle or any kind of border as they all look old fashioned and out dated. You don’t need any kind of nod to history or nostalgia in terms of the design components or shape because they don’t tend to age well (only exception would be incorporating 1874 but that’s not even an essential requirement on the badge). Keep it simple, clean and fresh so you have a modern timeless design.
times TWO....clear, bold simple lion with AVFC underneath. Blue on claret, claret on blue.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #421 on: August 24, 2022, 04:43:53 PM »
Anybody else from here received a focus group invite? Rather looking forward to attending tomorrow.

Yes

There are 2 zoom sessions for overseas supporters.

Online KRS

« Reply #422 on: August 24, 2022, 05:18:34 PM »
I don’t want a round badge either, just a golden lion and the rest speaks for itself.
This.

My feedback was that there isn’t any need for a shield, circle or any kind of border as they all look old fashioned and out dated. You don’t need any kind of nod to history or nostalgia in terms of the design components or shape because they don’t tend to age well (only exception would be incorporating 1874 but that’s not even an essential requirement on the badge). Keep it simple, clean and fresh so you have a modern timeless design.
times TWO....clear, bold simple lion with AVFC underneath. Blue on claret, claret on blue.
If there’s to be any text then it should simply read “ASTON VILLA”.

There’s no need for an irrelevant motto, club established date or even “FC” since everyone know that a team playing professional football is a football club (as an example, West Ham and Spurs don’t have FC on their current badges).

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #423 on: August 24, 2022, 05:28:34 PM »
I’d especially like any one that says ‘Champions of Europe’ underneath.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #424 on: August 24, 2022, 05:44:37 PM »
This.

There’s no need for an irrelevant motto, club established date or even “FC” since everyone know that a team playing professional football is a football club (as an example, West Ham and Spurs don’t have FC on their current badges).

Criminal it doesn't say Aston Villa atm. The most beautiful club name in British football abbreviated to AVFC, We're not a City, United or Town, We're Villa.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #425 on: August 24, 2022, 06:49:25 PM »
This.

Fully agreed.

Offline DC1874

« Reply #426 on: August 24, 2022, 07:00:28 PM »
Want the 82 badge back! Voted for Chelsea, QPR and Bayern Munich as best examples elsewhere - did not tick the box saying "Successful" when looking at word association vs current badge alas :-(

Seems to be an open invite to contribute:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/24/aston-villa-crest-supporters-survey/

Offline exigo

« Reply #427 on: August 24, 2022, 07:27:43 PM »
Must have been a bit easier to design Loch Ness FC's crest.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #428 on: August 24, 2022, 07:40:25 PM »
I'm one of the minority that don't want a round badge.  They're ten a penny these days, and we're not.
I agree. The round badge was cutting edge at the time, now it's not. There's lots of good elements to that badge (the lion, "Aston Villa FC", how bold it looks), we should take those and bring them up to the cutting edge.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #429 on: August 24, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »
I'm one of the minority that don't want a round badge.  They're ten a penny these days, and we're not.
I agree. The round badge was cutting edge at the time, now it's not. There's lots of good elements to that badge (the lion, "Aston Villa FC", how bold it looks), we should take those and bring them up to the cutting edge.

During what period were round club crests deemed as 'cutting edge'? I'd say a shield shape is totally out dated to use on a club crest. But round is classic and was used by other teams long before we used it.

Offline Des Little

« Reply #430 on: August 24, 2022, 08:58:04 PM »
Aston Villa is unique in so many ways, we have a history that is unmatched by the rest of football. Our badge/crest should reflect this, and that means it shouldn’t be similar to any other club.

I’ve said it before but it should be recognisable from its silhouette alone, in the same way that Forest, Spurs and dare I say it, those filthy fuckers from Bordesley Green’s badges are. A round badge is not in any shape or form, unique.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #431 on: August 24, 2022, 09:04:08 PM »
This.

Fully agreed.

I agree too regards our whole club name being on. Aston Villa.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #432 on: August 24, 2022, 09:08:13 PM »
The Forest crest is a superb, an iconic design. I've never understood the Blues crest though, with the use of the globe in the design, what's the relevance, it's terrible.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #433 on: August 24, 2022, 10:41:00 PM »
This was discussed at the FCG tonight. It's ongoing.

Offline Des Little

« Reply #434 on: August 24, 2022, 10:42:23 PM »
...or never ending?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal