collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169185 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1635 on: February 13, 2024, 10:44:35 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

The conspiracy theory I'm posting is that it isn't Emery who is the bad luck merchant but our very own Demitri. This season he posted once on Sept 20th, we then lose the next match on Sept 21st. Then starts posting with regularity on Dec 20th and our season has been riding off the tracks since then.

Prove it isn't that.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1636 on: February 13, 2024, 10:45:51 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

The conspiracy theory I'm posting is that it isn't Emery who is the bad luck merchant but our very own Demitri. This season he posted once on Sept 20th, we then lose the next match on Sept 21st. Then starts posting with regularity on Dec 20th and our season has been riding off the tracks since then.

Prove it isn't that.

I heard his internet connection was out over the weekend when we beat Sheff Utd as well.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1637 on: February 13, 2024, 10:49:23 AM »
I hope the optimism for Tim bears out, it is a colossal ask. I’ll defer to others who have seen more of him than me, but just thinking of the academy how many players have we had come through in recent times who have become meaningful first team players for Villa? Grealish is the stand out clearly, but I struggle with others. Are there any recently? Weimann and Albrighton did but we were in a bad place, Gabby clearly a bit further back.

We’re at a different level now and expecting Tim to come in at a level to sustain a Champions League push is a huge ask. Good luck to him, I really hope he nails it, but he’ll be having to buck the trend.

Ramsey.

Good shout - clearly my mind is failing, and actually he was one where initially I thought look quite tidy on the ball but didn’t see much else. He massively kicked on and has done great, so hope Tim could replicate that.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1638 on: February 13, 2024, 10:51:27 AM »
Dr rajpal brar speculates kamara will be out for 7-9 months with him not being 100% until 18 months

So we at best will see him back around September/october time. But with no pre season either you would imagine December time.

Sounds like nonsense to me. I can believe the first part, but based on any ACL’s I’ve seen in football I’ve never seen it take another 9 months post recovery to be fit again.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1639 on: February 13, 2024, 10:59:03 AM »

Prove it isn't that.

Prove it isn't that.

😂😂😂😂

Classic. That did make me laugh somniloquism. but i can prove you wrong as we won a couple games in that period 😉

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #1640 on: February 13, 2024, 11:00:18 AM »
Chucking in a kid into a faultering team and expecting results to upturn is a massive ask. Your gambling for an impact like Yacuba Cilla. Kamara is one of the spine, a kid coming in for say Cash you could make a case for but centre mid in the premier league will be a baptism of fire. I'd be getting the donk back from loan. If you watched the ManU game on Sun they had a similar situation a young kid playing Defensive Mid. Manioo had great feet but allowed Villa to bomb through the centre all game. First half the ammount of space in front of Magiure and Varane was laughable, I just thought it was a matter of time before we scores.
Regarding the number of ACL's it does seem too many to be bad luck, perhaps there is a new piece of equipment at bodymore heath from last summer? The Knee buster.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1641 on: February 13, 2024, 11:02:08 AM »
Dr rajpal brar speculates kamara will be out for 7-9 months with him not being 100% until 18 months

So we at best will see him back around September/october time. But with no pre season either you would imagine December time.

Sounds like nonsense to me. I can believe the first part, but based on any ACL’s I’ve seen in football I’ve never seen it take another 9 months post recovery to be fit again.

I think he meant they can come back but wont be 100% as they were until 18 months so not to expect them back at their best until that period.

Based on what he says mings and buendia should be abck around april time. But i doubt we will see either of them until pre season

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1642 on: February 13, 2024, 11:04:46 AM »
Chucking in a kid into a faultering team and expecting results to upturn is a massive ask. Your gambling for an impact like Yacuba Cilla. Kamara is one of the spine, a kid coming in for say Cash you could make a case for but centre mid in the premier league will be a baptism of fire. I'd be getting the donk back from loan. If you watched the ManU game on Sun they had a similar situation a young kid playing Defensive Mid. Manioo had great feet but allowed Villa to bomb through the centre all game. First half the ammount of space in front of Magiure and Varane was laughable, I just thought it was a matter of time before we scores.
Regarding the number of ACL's it does seem too many to be bad luck, perhaps there is a new piece of equipment at bodymore heath from last summer? The Knee buster.

That's because we consistently out numbered them with our shape all game. There was a weird eyebrowed freak next to him who has European cups galore to his name that let us march through their middle too.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1643 on: February 13, 2024, 11:25:20 AM »

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

The difference is, I haven't just been telling everyone how he does.

You, on the other hand:

If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

seem quite positive this is about our training.

The key word "assume"

Definition of assume - suppose to be the case without proof

So how have i been telling everyone exactly based on what you have just quited paulie ?? Oh dear

I know what it means, people are pointing out that:

1. The thing you are "supposing to be the case" is absolute batshit.
2. You are saying 'we' have 'got to start assuming' this, which is enrolling everyone else in your batshit theories.

"We've got to start assuming that the reason Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because of the puppy-stamping thing".

So all i have done is ask the question  not "told" anyone or enforced it on anyone

No, no you haven't just asked the question, you've presented it as more than that, you said:

If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

And that's why people think you're being stupid.

And that's also the end of my involvement in this, it's up to you if you understand it or not. it's Monday morning and I've already spent far more of my week on this sort of shit than I would like to.

I think this is just silly. Im pretty sure calling someone stupid is against the site rules so i suggest you apologise to me as i havent been rude to you so not sure why you feel the need to ger personal. We are just having a debate thats all so relax.

I havent enforced anyone or said oh yeah the ACLs are 100% caused by what villa or emery is doing just asking the question as one ACL or maybe two but three ?? Yyou can't prove it isnt the case just like I can't prove it. Thats fundamentally the facts of the situation.  All we can do is speculate

Tell you what, why don’t you stop making wild arsed guesses or what you call assumptions and speculation and then people won’t think you’re being daft. Simple really.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #1644 on: February 13, 2024, 11:49:48 AM »
If Tim is good enough now is the time to play him and find out. He’ll be 21 in June so hardly a kid.

Cole Palmer is a similar age and has been Chelsea’s best player this season.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1645 on: February 13, 2024, 11:53:21 AM »
If Tim is good enough now is the time to play him and find out. He’ll be 21 in June so hardly a kid.

Cole Palmer is a similar age and has been Chelsea’s best player this season.

Exactly, it’s a risk if you throw in someone who has played u18s only but he has 30+ senior games under his belt, let him fly….

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1646 on: February 13, 2024, 11:56:56 AM »
We haven't seen enough of Iroegbunam to really know whether he can step in or not, I'd guess in training, Emery may start using him more and looking to see if he 'gets it' about the system and what's expected of him.

Emery has often commented about players adapting to his methods, Diaby last week was the latest one he mentioned in that regard.

So, Kamara is pretty unique, and I'd imagine we may consider a system change rather than expecting one player to step into his shoes.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1647 on: February 13, 2024, 11:58:00 AM »
If we don't play or at least try Tim now, when will he ever get a chance? At some point in time he has to be given a chance and although not ideal this is his chance, can he embrace it?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1648 on: February 13, 2024, 12:02:21 PM »
We haven't seen enough of Iroegbunam to really know whether he can step in or not, I'd guess in training, Emery may start using him more and looking to see if he 'gets it' about the system and what's expected of him.

Emery has often commented about players adapting to his methods, Diaby last week was the latest one he mentioned in that regard.

So, Kamara is pretty unique, and I'd imagine we may consider a system change rather than expecting one player to step into his shoes.

I think that's a good idea, but it does seem with Unai that it's 4-4-2 or bust. Of course there's flexibility within that, but I'd go with a proper 4-3-3 now, something like:

Emi

Cash Carlos Torres Digne/Moreno

McGinn Luiz Tielemans

Bailey/Diaby Watkins Ramsey

That's still a very, very good team. Our problem is we've basically reverted to 1981 era football, with a first 11 and two subs.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #1649 on: February 13, 2024, 12:10:08 PM »
To get over his loss I’m picturing him playing like he did against Chelsea…..get well soon Bouba!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal