collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169256 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1620 on: February 13, 2024, 10:14:16 AM »
Uh? He played for us in the 90's so we know he does.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1621 on: February 13, 2024, 10:15:46 AM »
If Tim doesn’t get game time against Fulham, Forest or Luton I don’t know when he will.

Last night I dreamt he scored a last minute winner against Fulham. It was a 25 yard thunderbastard that bounced out then back in, but as the game was played in Havana this may not come true.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #1622 on: February 13, 2024, 10:16:00 AM »
I can't see Emery dropping Tim straight into the action, but he'll have to start introducing him as a sub a bit more often, and for longer.
Yeah I think this is what happens - I can’t see him giving him a start until he’s done a few 30 min stints

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1623 on: February 13, 2024, 10:22:01 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

The difference is, I haven't just been telling everyone how he does.

You, on the other hand:

If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

seem quite positive this is about our training.

The key word "assume"

Definition of assume - suppose to be the case without proof

So how have i been telling everyone exactly based on what you have just quoted paulie ?? Oh dear

So all i have done is ask the question  not "told" anyone or enforced it on anyone
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:25:23 AM by Demitri_C »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1624 on: February 13, 2024, 10:26:11 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

You, on the other hand:

If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

The key word "assume"

So how have i been telling everyone exactly based on what you have just quited paulie ?? Oh dear

I know what it means, people are pointing out that:

1. The thing you are "supposing to be the case" is absolute batshit.
2. You are saying 'we' have 'got to start assuming' this, which is enrolling everyone else in your batshit theories.

"We've got to start assuming that the reason Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because of the puppy-stamping thing".

So all i have done is ask the question  not "told" anyone or enforced it on anyone

No, no you haven't just asked the question, you've presented it as more than that, you said:

And that's why people think you're being stupid.

And that's also the end of my involvement in this, it's up to you if you understand it or not. it's Monday morning and I've already spent far more of my week on this sort of shit than I would like to.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:28:43 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline cdward

« Reply #1625 on: February 13, 2024, 10:26:24 AM »
Let's be honest, the main reason Tim I is back in the squad is to save money.
Dendoncker is now off the wage bill and Tim was the cost effective back up.
I suspect we'll see Dougie and McGinn interchanging in the role, with Tim getting minutes off the bench
If we are going to maintain a push for CL, every point counts, can't see UE starting Tim I.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1626 on: February 13, 2024, 10:26:53 AM »
This argument is all a little bit silly.

Where there is a small increase in the risk of ACL injuries is if players are training through fatigue but with no evidence that players are being overworked in training that's hard to see as the problem, especially given the timing of the Buendia and Mings injuries. I don't think it's fair or reasonable to blame the club medical staff for any of these, we've just had a horrible year for injuries and sometimes that's all there is to it.

If it were a training issue we'd have seen far more short-term soft tissue injuries than we have, with Calf halmstring injuries the most common sign of overtraining in sports like football. On top of that the news out of the club about the changes Emery has made the players have spoken about mental and tactical preperation and individual focus areas for improvement. McGinn mentioned how much fitter he is but also said that a big part of that was him changing his habits away from the club and in particular how he acted between the end of last season and pre-season.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #1627 on: February 13, 2024, 10:28:32 AM »
Let's be honest, the main reason Tim I is back in the squad is to save money.
Dendoncker is now off the wage bill and Tim was the cost effective back up.
I suspect we'll see Dougie and McGinn interchanging in the role, with Tim getting minutes off the bench
If we are going to maintain a push for CL, every point counts, can't see UE starting Tim I.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2024/01/25/tim-iroegbunam-to-get-aston-villa-chance-after-leander-dendoncker-exit/

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1628 on: February 13, 2024, 10:33:23 AM »

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

You, on the other hand:

The key word "assume"

So how have i been telling everyone exactly based on what you have just quited paulie ?? Oh dear

I know what it means, people are pointing out that:

1. The thing you are "supposing to be the case" is absolute batshit.
2. You are saying 'we' have 'got to start assuming' this, which is enrolling everyone else in your batshit theories.

"We've got to start assuming that the reason Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because of the puppy-stamping thing".

No, no you haven't just asked the question, you've presented it as more than that, you said:

And that's why people think you're being stupid.

And that's also the end of my involvement in this, it's up to you if you understand it or not. it's Monday morning and I've already spent far more of my week on this sort of shit than I would like to.

I think this is just silly. Im pretty sure calling someone stupid is against the site rules so i suggest you apologise to me as i havent been rude to you so not sure why you feel the need to ger personal. We are just having a debate thats all so relax.

I havent enforced anyone or said oh yeah the ACLs are 100% caused by what villa or emery is doing just asking the question as one ACL or maybe two but three ?? Yyou can't prove it isnt the case just like I can't prove it. Thats fundamentally the facts of the situation.  All we can do is speculate

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1629 on: February 13, 2024, 10:36:34 AM »
This argument is all a little bit silly.

Where there is a small increase in the risk of ACL injuries is if players are training through fatigue but with no evidence that players are being overworked in training that's hard to see as the problem, especially given the timing of the Buendia and Mings injuries. I don't think it's fair or reasonable to blame the club medical staff for any of these, we've just had a horrible year for injuries and sometimes that's all there is to it.

If it were a training issue we'd have seen far more short-term soft tissue injuries than we have, with Calf halmstring injuries the most common sign of overtraining in sports like football. On top of that the news out of the club about the changes Emery has made the players have spoken about mental and tactical preperation and individual focus areas for improvement. McGinn mentioned how much fitter he is but also said that a big part of that was him changing his habits away from the club and in particular how he acted between the end of last season and pre-season.

Im sure he is alot fitter after the ketcup ban 😉

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #1630 on: February 13, 2024, 10:37:08 AM »
Real Madrid have had three this season, including their keeper. One happened in pre-season, one in the first match and then one last month. So Emery must have been moonlighting at Real at some point over the summer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1631 on: February 13, 2024, 10:38:48 AM »
Real Madrid have had three this season, including their keeper. One happened in pre-season, one in the first match and then one last month. So Emery must have been moonlighting at Real at some point over the summer.

I think we must now assume that this is the case.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1632 on: February 13, 2024, 10:41:52 AM »
Dr rajpal brar speculates kamara will be out for 7-9 months with him not being 100% until 18 months

So we at best will see him back around September/october time. But with no pre season either you would imagine December time.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1633 on: February 13, 2024, 10:42:27 AM »

I think this is just silly. Im pretty sure calling someone stupid is against the site rules so i suggest you apologise to me as i havent been rude to you so not sure why you feel the need to ger personal. We are just having a debate thats all so relax.

I havent enforced anyone or said oh yeah the ACLs are 100% caused by what villa or emery is doing just asking the question as one ACL or maybe two but three ?? Yyou can't prove it isnt the case just like I can't prove it. Thats fundamentally the facts of the situation.  All we can do is speculate

The bold bit is just the wrong way to approach anything and is exactly why we have conspiracy theorists, crackpots and bullshitters getting airtime to share their wrongs with the world.

The fundamental facts of the situation are that the ONLY way training can have any increased risk on ACL injuries is by overtraining through fatigue. the timing of the injuries to Buendia and Mings make that highly unlikely in their cases and, as a few people have told you already, we'd have seen other signs of that sort of over-training. In fact almost all of the major injuries we've had have happened during games, which would be an incredible coincidence if the problems were being created in training.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1634 on: February 13, 2024, 10:42:36 AM »

Thanks for sharing that. Unbelievable

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal