collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169168 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1545 on: February 12, 2024, 09:03:37 PM »
Im not telling anyone there opinions is "bollocks" or nonsense like you have just done so i dont need to prove anything. You have to prove to me its "bollocks" or if you cant its not bollocks is it?

Show me the data to prove its bollocks? Ive highlighted earlier three clubs emery has had ACLs injuries in a earlier post. Two arsenal players picked up ACL injuries and three of ours have. That cant be all bad luck.

If only our players were as averse to ACL injuries as you are to using apostrophes.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #1546 on: February 12, 2024, 09:06:35 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of
Well, actually, it isn't.

Last season, Arsenal Women suffered four ACL injuries within six months from November 2022 to May 2023 being, in chronological order: Beth Mead, Vivianne Miedema, Leah Williamson and Laura Wienroither. 

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1547 on: February 12, 2024, 09:06:39 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

FFS give it a rest, it's boring the life out of the rest of us.
he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

Sorry if it sounds a bit conspiracy theory its not suppose to be

Yeah, consider yourself shot down. Utter nonsense , with all due respect

Yeah you really have persuaded me with that post with all due respect =)

Someone show me the evidence that its impossible there is no link

No, you should prove that what you suggest has happened, actually has. You surely can't with any sense if seriousness ask people to prove hairbrained ideas are bollocks.

Im not telling anyone there opinions is "bollocks" or nonsense like you have just done so i dont need to prove anything. You have to prove to me its "bollocks" or if you cant its not bollocks is it?

Show me the data to prove its bollocks? Ive highlighted earlier three clubs emery has had ACLs injuries in a earlier post. Two arsenal players picked up ACL injuries and three of ours have. That cant be all bad luck.

You're missing the point. You're the one with the hypothesis, it's up to you to provide some evidence or even some other credible viewpoints that back up your argument, otherwise it won't be generally accepted.  See also The Flat Earth Society, Ghost Hunters and those that believe the moon landings were faked.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1548 on: February 12, 2024, 09:11:59 PM »
Apart from BC54s data about the womens game injuries last season no one else has really provided much data to show me there isnt a chance all im hearing is opinions not facts

Its pointless carrying this topic ive said my bit and i stand by it that there could be a chance until i see solid evidence that its impossible. None of us know for sure.Lets just move on im sure everyone is fed up of the last few pages!

Just hope kams doing ok mentally. Its so heart breaking 💔

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1549 on: February 12, 2024, 09:12:49 PM »

he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

No, you should prove that what you suggest has happened, actually has. You surely can't with any sense if seriousness ask people to prove hairbrained ideas are bollocks.

You're missing the point. You're the one with the hypothesis, it's up to you to provide some evidence or even some other credible viewpoints that back up your argument, otherwise it won't be generally accepted.  See also The Flat Earth Society, Ghost Hunters and those that believe the moon landings were faked.

Your last paragraph is so wierd  😂

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1550 on: February 12, 2024, 09:13:53 PM »
What a massive blow and a real shame for the player himself.  Would be against that lot and in a match that finished in those circumstances to compound matters.  The term 'significant' is a huge concern.  Are we thinking he's out until Christmas or just for the rest of the season?  Surely will miss pre-season. 

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1551 on: February 12, 2024, 09:16:20 PM »

he was right though

Not really. All the groups mentioned advance crackpot theories and when asked for the reasoning behind their assertion fall back on "prove I'm wrong then".

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1552 on: February 12, 2024, 09:16:34 PM »
wonder what this means tactically? McGinn or Tielemens move deeper in midfield? Not great.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1553 on: February 12, 2024, 09:19:06 PM »

he was right though

Not really. All the groups mentioned advance crackpot theories and when asked for the reasoning behind their assertion fall back on "prove I'm wrong then".

Ive never heard of any of them groups yet you have so im not sure how u can call me a crackpot 😂

Not sure what on earth this has to do with our great club

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1554 on: February 12, 2024, 09:19:41 PM »
Apart from BC54s data about the womens game injuries last season no one else has really provided much data to show me there isnt a chance all im hearing is opinions not facts

Its pointless carrying this topic ive said my bit and i stand by it that there could be a chance until i see solid evidence that its impossible. None of us know for sure.Lets just move on im sure everyone is fed up of the last few pages!

Just hope kams doing ok mentally. Its so heart breaking 💔

You will never - literally never - see evidence "that it's impossible". Because that's not how evidence works. You can't prove a negative. It's logically impossible.  For the same reason our legal system requires the prosecution to prove the accused did something, rather than the defence proving they didn't.

You have a theory, and that's fine, but you need to present some evidence for it.  Right now, your position of "I believe it's related to the coaching, and will continue to believe that unless someone can prove it isn't" is as logically convincing as "I believe it's related to a witches curse, and will continue to believe that unless someone can prove it isn't"

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1555 on: February 12, 2024, 09:24:47 PM »

he was right though

Ive never heard of any of them groups yet you have so im not sure how u can call me a crackpot 😂

Not sure what on earth this has to do with our great club

Well, you seem to be making the unfounded assertion that by far the best manager we've had in recent memory is somehow to blame for our crushingly bad luck in suffering 3 ACL injuries because he's training them too hard, or something . Talk about making the worst of a crap situation.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1556 on: February 12, 2024, 09:25:53 PM »
Any chance of ending the quotathon?

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1557 on: February 12, 2024, 09:27:53 PM »
Any chance of ending the quotathon?

Oh, go on then! :-)

Online danno

« Reply #1558 on: February 12, 2024, 09:28:43 PM »
I think it might just be that the more minutes you play the more likely you are to pick up an injury.

Villa have used 27 players in the Premier League this season, which is about average and similar to United and Spurs, but their outfield players have played more minutes in all competitions and been rotated less - the least in the Premier League in fact.

Outfield players to have played more than 1,800 minutes in 2023-24
Aston Villa (10)   John McGinn (2,884), Ezri Konsa (2,823), Douglas Luiz (2,759), Ollie Watkins (2,711), Boubacar Kamara (2,410), Matty Cash (2,239), Moussa Diaby (2,055), Lucas Digne (2,022), Pau Torres (1,831), Leon Bailey (1,810)

Of those ten, we have lost four of those to injury recently.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1559 on: February 12, 2024, 09:28:44 PM »
He limps off with hurty foot, now out for the season, of course he is.

If we didn't get bad luck we'd get no luck at all.

Might be the making of TimI this, cometh the hour and all that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal