collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169179 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1515 on: February 12, 2024, 06:53:49 PM »
Huge blow no doubt about it. Depending on the news on Konsa, we may as supporters have to start adjusting our expectations?

I tend to think Emery will be like horses for courses, he was a bit like that last year. Donk played against newcastle but didnt appear much more after we lost to man utd away. Might be that Tim plays some games but not others, depending on the attributes that Emery see’s in the opposition.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1516 on: February 12, 2024, 06:57:43 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

FFS give it a rest, it's boring the life out of the rest of us.
he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1517 on: February 12, 2024, 07:13:46 PM »
I would be happy for them to put their trust in Tim if we need cover; I don't think re-positioning players who should already be in the team serves us well.
Nothing I've read / heard changes my previous opinion.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1518 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:30 PM »
Whenever a player goes off injured just expect them to be either out for several months or the season.

It's becoming the really tiring norm lately.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1519 on: February 12, 2024, 07:23:46 PM »
In the entire premier league season last year, there were a grand total of four ACLs injuries.  Five in the year before that.  We've had three all on our own this season.

We're owed some seriously excellent luck right about now, right?

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1520 on: February 12, 2024, 07:30:20 PM »
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

It can't just be bad luck. Fucking hell.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #1521 on: February 12, 2024, 07:34:15 PM »
Fucking spiders! Awful news. Unai deserves a Knighthood if he steers us to the top four with this God awful luck.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1522 on: February 12, 2024, 07:36:48 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

Sorry if it sounds a bit conspiracy theory its not suppose to be
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:45:20 PM by Demitri_C »

Offline frank black

« Reply #1523 on: February 12, 2024, 07:46:42 PM »

he was right though

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

It’s not a factor. They have to run about, tackle and change direction it’s generally required as part of the role. If they were breaking down with some type of injury linked to being worked too hard then fair enough.  But ACLs aren’t that type of injury

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1524 on: February 12, 2024, 08:02:10 PM »
I would be happy for them to put their trust in Tim if we need cover; I don't think re-positioning players who should already be in the team serves us well.

Agreed. Assuming Kamara is out for a while now, I'd say this is how I'd line up:

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Digne/Moreno

McGinn Luiz Iroegbunam Ramsey

Bailey Watkins

A saving grace is this team looks good.  Having the unknown quantity of Tim should focus the other players’ minds and, I hope, galvanise the crowd.  Ramsey adds a bit of defensive grunt compared to Zaniola and Tielemans.  The bench has a bit of quality and variety too.

There’s fuck all float until Buendia and Duran are back though.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1525 on: February 12, 2024, 08:05:49 PM »
Kamara has had absolutely shocking luck with injuries.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1526 on: February 12, 2024, 08:06:27 PM »
How about we play Tim and only disrupt one position.

This would be my preference. Gutted for Bouba, and the rest of the team.

Offline john2710

Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #1527 on: February 12, 2024, 08:13:35 PM »

he was right though

Was he? You know for a fact that the injury was the result of over training?

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #1528 on: February 12, 2024, 08:20:52 PM »
Jeepers Demitri, that’s utter detritus you’re spouting.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1529 on: February 12, 2024, 08:25:45 PM »
Jeepers Demitri, that’s utter detritus you’re spouting.

Eh ?

I take it you have the data to prove me wrong ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal