collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169243 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #1200 on: November 27, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »
It was a piss poor decision for the card, it was a tackle he had every right to make.
It wasn’t dirty, excessive or deliberate, a genuine attempt to win the ball and he caught the player slightly who made a meal of it.
I can not remember him committing a foul before that. Awful ref.

As the player had to be subbed off, I don't think he made a meal of it. It was a late challenge as the player played the ball faster then Cash anticipated, probably made slightly in frustration. As others have mentioned, it would be the classic challenge shown under the dictionary definition of Yellow Card Offence: Late Challenge Example.

He's talking about Kamara isn't he?

Which I felt was also fair enough. Their player was about to break past him and Kamara just stopped him. Sensible yellow card to pick up, and better to be out of the Bournemouth game than one of the two that follow it anyway.

Obviously if he'd not done it, they'd only have got caught offside anyway.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1201 on: November 27, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »
It was a piss poor decision for the card, it was a tackle he had every right to make.
It wasn’t dirty, excessive or deliberate, a genuine attempt to win the ball and he caught the player slightly who made a meal of it.

As the player had to be subbed off, I don't think he made a meal of it. It was a late challenge as the player played the ball faster then Cash anticipated, probably made slightly in frustration. As others have mentioned, it would be the classic challenge shown under the dictionary definition of Yellow Card Offence: Late Challenge Example.

Which I felt was also fair enough. Their player was about to break past him and Kamara just stopped him. Sensible yellow card to pick up, and better to be out of the Bournemouth game than one of the two that follow it anyway.

Yes, missed the thread title so apologies for that. Everyone and their "Son" have been moaning about the Cash one that I genuinely thought it had been the only tackle in the games over the weekend.

Edit:- Although the supposed elbow by Carlos on Gil, even shown on the Beeb for some reason seems to be gathering momentum in the media.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 09:25:48 AM by Somniloquism »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1202 on: November 27, 2023, 09:30:17 AM »
Carlos cant help being bigger than that squirt.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1203 on: November 27, 2023, 09:53:37 AM »

You're on the wrong thread, this is about the Kamara yellow.

The problem is that difference between what Kamara did and a few other tackles which weren't even given as a free kicks is paper thin.

I'm ok with them being a bit more lenient with physical contact (but it needs to be more consistent) but if you do that then the threshold for yellow cards has to go up or you run the risk of most fouls being given as bookings.

A decent referee only gives 1 yellow (to Cash) in that game, the other 3 were pathetic, On top of the soft one for Kamara McGinn got booked for asking why 1 tackle from behind was a free kick but the one on him 15seconds earlier wasn't (going back to the lack of consistency in this supposed higher threshold for fouls) and Watkins was even worse, getting booked for pointing out that the ball clearly went out off the defender, there should be a process to appeal on one like that because it was truly pathetic from the officials to miss it and then book our player for complaining. Again inconsistent given Kulusevski was shouting at him for a good 30 seconds when he was trying to buy a penalty after him and Digne kicked the ball at the same time.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1204 on: November 27, 2023, 12:57:48 PM »
The way they were talking yesterday & the way some Spurs idiots are talking is that Cash possibly deserved more than the yellow & was a worse challenge because one, they have so many injuries & two, he wasn't fully fit after coming back from an injury.

These are genuine reasons why Cash has had stupid abuse for a standard late tackle that deserved a yellow & hardly a mention after that.

My responses to that are fuck your injuries that you have had for all of three games. We have missed four or five all season & got on with it to be sitting in fourth.

And secondly, fuck your team selection. If he wasn't fit then he shouldn't have been on the field & the bloke who came on to replace him should have started.

They gambled with his selection & it backfired.

But they made the choice to play him while not being fully fit so can blame nobody but themselves...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 01:08:45 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1205 on: November 27, 2023, 01:07:19 PM »
Well he can definitely play on Thursday, then rest for Man City.

I'd expect a three of Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans for Bournemouth.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1206 on: November 29, 2023, 09:55:06 AM »
Kamara will be key against Mancity, but hopefully starts tomorrow.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1207 on: November 29, 2023, 10:12:32 AM »

Yes, missed the thread title so apologies for that. Everyone and their "Son" have been moaning about the Cash one that I genuinely thought it had been the only tackle in the games over the weekend.

Edit:- Although the supposed elbow by Carlos on Gil, even shown on the Beeb for some reason seems to be gathering momentum in the media.

I didn’t notice that during the game. I think we were lucky that a pen wasn’t given. It was reckless by Carlos given that Gil was nowhere near getting to the ball.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1208 on: November 29, 2023, 10:22:52 AM »

Edit: forget it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:26:07 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1209 on: November 29, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »

I didn’t notice that during the game. I think we were lucky that a pen wasn’t given. It was reckless by Carlos given that Gil was nowhere near getting to the ball.

It wasn't an elbow as he was just putting his arm across to muscle him out which was confirmed by VAR it wasn't anything at all. Didn't stop Sky pundits from launching an half time tirade though which I doubt they would have mentioned if we hadn't equalised at half time. Hence why the Beeb tacked it onto the end of the highlights of that section of play but didn't even mention anything about it in the studio.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1210 on: November 29, 2023, 11:13:18 AM »

Edit: forget it.
yes I was talking about Kamara :)

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #1211 on: December 01, 2023, 12:51:39 AM »
Blundered for tonight's goal but it didn't put him off his game the way early mistakes sometimes did last season.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1212 on: December 01, 2023, 01:16:45 AM »
Blundered for tonight's goal but it didn't put him off his game the way early mistakes sometimes did last season.

He is a quality player, but does seem to have a bit of a weakness when he gets the ball facing his goal.  It isn't a massive problem, but it does crop up every now and again where he either gets caught on the ball or gives it away like tonight.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1213 on: December 01, 2023, 10:53:06 AM »
He had one of his "competition winner" performances first half, when everything he does goes wrong, and he looks dreadful. Picked up a lot after the break though, so that's hopefully it out of his system for another ten games, and he can be back to his excellent best.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1214 on: December 01, 2023, 10:54:22 AM »
It's happened to him a few times now when he receives the ball on the edge of the box with players closing him down and he plays a blind pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal