collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169003 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #975 on: March 05, 2023, 09:39:53 AM »
Cheick Doucore should be suspended as long as Kamara is out injured. Dirty ****.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #976 on: March 05, 2023, 09:54:57 AM »
It’s bound to be a huge miss if it it is an extended period of time.
For me he is our best player by some margin
But we can’t let our performances and results be derailed by an injury to one player, we have been here before.
I am sure Emery will find a way to patch us up and at the same time consider future options.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #977 on: March 05, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »
The challenge on Chambers was a straight red imo.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #978 on: March 05, 2023, 10:03:59 AM »
I watched it back again this morning. He should have gone for that first one alone, shocking challenge.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #979 on: March 05, 2023, 10:11:38 AM »
I thought that up to that point, the ref had let the game flow quite well, yes he was a little lenient but if there were to be cards, they would have been for persistent fouling rather than for any bad tackles for either side.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #980 on: March 05, 2023, 11:08:43 AM »
I thought that up to that point, the ref had let the game flow quite well, yes he was a little lenient but if there were to be cards, they would have been for persistent fouling rather than for any bad tackles for either side.
The problem was they were getting away with increasingly poor challenges and because the ref let them go it was almost inevitable that they would keep pushing the margin.
Anyone who has watched Palace play knows that they are about.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #981 on: March 05, 2023, 11:29:45 AM »
This shows just what a poor January we had in terms of transfers, we’re now faced with the prospect of giving Dendoncker an extended run.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #982 on: March 05, 2023, 11:34:07 AM »
This shows just what a poor January we had in terms of transfers, we’re now faced with the prospect of giving Dendoncker an extended run.

Not really in this case I think,  an experienced current Belgian international as a replacement is fair enough, I can't think of too many clubs that have better options. Spurs for example are currently playing that Oliver Skipp in midfield and he's shite

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #983 on: March 05, 2023, 11:42:30 AM »
How's Nakamba getting on, could we recall him? He's not great but I'd rather him on the bench than 6 keepers.

Offline Risso

« Reply #984 on: March 05, 2023, 11:42:59 AM »
We couldn’t even name a full bench though and had two sub keepers again.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #985 on: March 05, 2023, 11:56:12 AM »
I won't go into the January window again because it's been done to death. I read an article the other day where Emery says the reason why he's been picking two goalkeepers is because prefers the youth players to be around training rather than giving them false hope of naming them on the bench or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 11:59:01 AM by Clampy »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #986 on: March 05, 2023, 11:56:26 AM »
How's Nakamba getting on, could we recall him? He's not great but I'd rather him on the bench than 6 keepers.

Emery didn't even put him on the bench before he left. It's a good opportunity for the Donk to show his worth. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as made out on here.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #987 on: March 05, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »

Two of our best footballing footballing performances of the season came with Donk at the base of midfield (Brentford and Man. United at home).

I get he isn't UE's type of midfielder and he's been on the naughty step since the Stevenage debacle but if he's fit he needs to be starting v West Ham as his physicality would be a great help to end the horror run we have v them.

Chambers seemingly has lost all ability to pass a football this season, some shocking ones in his cameo yesterday so Kamara to him as DM for 5-6 games is season over imo. Dendoncker-Luiz feels more solid as long as one of the attacking players stays in form.

Offline Risso

« Reply #988 on: March 05, 2023, 12:17:16 PM »
I won't go into the January window again because it's been done to death. I read an article the other day where Emery says the reason why he's been picking two goalkeepers is because prefers the youth players to be around training rather than giving them false hope of naming them on the bench or something like that.

And what chance did Sinisalo have of coming off the bench? I can recall a couple of games in the last four years where we've had to change a keeper because of injury. I can't think of a single ocassion ever when the replacement keeper has got hurt. A third keeper, especially a youth player has got the least hope of getting a single second playing time of anybody.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #989 on: March 05, 2023, 12:28:23 PM »

And what chance did Sinisalo have of coming off the bench? I can recall a couple of games in the last four years where we've had to change a keeper because of injury. I can't think of a single ocassion ever when the replacement keeper has got hurt. A third keeper, especially a youth player has got the least hope of getting a single second playing time of anybody.

I agree it's a bit odd but I'm just saying how he's explained it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal