collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169116 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #870 on: January 15, 2023, 05:47:52 PM »
The truth is that even if we were to qualify for Europe this year (which we won't), if a really big club (I don't mean the likes of Spurs, more Real Madrid) wanted to sign him next summer all we could do would be to get as much money as possible.  Even if we were in the fucking 'champions' league, it'd be the same (see Bellingham).  If our Villa-mad-from-a-Villa-family-been-here-since-he-was-6-captain can fuck off to Manchester City, I don't hold any hope whatsoever about a French kid showing any remote loyalty if the chance arises, and I wouldn't blame him at all. 

From what I've seen, Kamara is world class.  We will do well to keep him here for another 18 months, if as i hope, he carries on being so utterly imperious. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #871 on: January 15, 2023, 06:02:49 PM »
Can people just enjoy him and not sell him off already please.

It drives me nuts. Last month it was Emi. Now Kamara.

They're different situations though. If there were clubs who could afford £80m and were in desperate need of a goalkeeper, I'd be worried about losing Martinez. There aren't, so I'm not.

I reckon there are quite a few who could afford £80m for a shit-hot, 23 year old defensive midfielder. Particularly given Mac Allister, Bellingham and Fernandez will all be moving this summer, have about half a dozen clubs interested in them and the clubs that don't get them will still have the money and the need for a player in that position.

As Paul suggests, he's far too good to be hanging around a mid-table Premier League club so we need to make sure we stop being one of those pretty quickly.

Of course. Every player has a price. The greatest of all time have all been sold at one time or another. And it goes without saying that if we don’t build around our best they will leave. And we have experienced that many times over in the past 2 decades. So I think that is commonly accepted. It’s more a case that as soon as a player becomes great he’s being sold. Enjoy it and let’s hope as a club we do everything possible to retain his services. This isn’t Doug’s Villa so hopefully if he is sold we gouge the shit out of whoever buys him. I just hope we never cross that bridge
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 06:16:07 PM by Toronto Villa »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #872 on: January 15, 2023, 06:25:50 PM »
The truth is that even if we were to qualify for Europe this year (which we won't), if a really big club (I don't mean the likes of Spurs, more Real Madrid) wanted to sign him next summer all we could do would be to get as much money as possible.  Even if we were in the fucking 'champions' league, it'd be the same (see Bellingham).  If our Villa-mad-from-a-Villa-family-been-here-since-he-was-6-captain can fuck off to Manchester City, I don't hold any hope whatsoever about a French kid showing any remote loyalty if the chance arises, and I wouldn't blame him at all. 

From what I've seen, Kamara is world class.  We will do well to keep him here for another 18 months, if as i hope, he carries on being so utterly imperious. 

That's not even remotely the truth but part of the reason it happens so often is because of the sheer amount of people that believe that myth.

The only times where the club is in as weak a position as you're suggesting is if there's a release clause in the contract or when a player gets into the last 2 years of their deal. Even then in the latter case it doesn't mean the player is inevitably leaving and there's nothing we can do.

If what you're suggesting was true:
Benteke would've left after 1 season.
Barry would've signed for Liverpool a year before he actually left.
Luiz would be playing for Arsenal.
and a none Villa one Kane would be at Man City.

There's plenty more examples, and more of them come up every single transfer window but still everyone knows that all you can do once a player has his head turned is make as much money as possible. Have you ever stopped to think that the reason that is considered true is because the media is flooded with players from those clubs and it helps them maintain the status quo for everyone else to "know their place"?

If we want to challenge for trophies we're going to need to upset a few people over this shit.

More importantly, it's fucking annoying to see player threads full of the same "he'll be gone in a year" style comments everytime someone puts together a run of 5-6 good performances, I can understand the sentiment but if you're so worn down by football that you can't even be happy without expecting things to go to shit then maybe the sport isn't good for you.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #873 on: January 15, 2023, 06:35:13 PM »
Guys! Look at us. Squabbling, bickering, like children.

What's happened to us? We never used to be like this.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #874 on: January 15, 2023, 06:38:00 PM »
Isn't it possible to just enjoy the fact that he plays for us?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #875 on: January 15, 2023, 06:41:49 PM »

Are there people who aren't enjoying that?

Offline Nunkin1965

« Reply #876 on: January 15, 2023, 06:44:27 PM »

Everyone is.
But some are seeing him in another shirt already.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #877 on: January 15, 2023, 06:52:57 PM »

Everyone is.

So what? He almost certainly will be at some point, given that's how careers in football nearly always work.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #878 on: January 15, 2023, 06:53:44 PM »

Indeed - I would actually say the things are intrinsically linked. Those mentioned we’re going to need to kick on fast are saying for the exact reason that they want to continue enjoying watching him play for Villa.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #879 on: January 15, 2023, 06:54:32 PM »

Everyone is.

So what? He almost certainly will be at some point, given that's how careers in football nearly always work.

I miss him already 😳😀

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #880 on: January 15, 2023, 08:07:04 PM »
If nothing else it's good for us to be in a place where we're worried about our players going rather than worrying about how we'll get rid of them.

Offline Nunkin1965

« Reply #881 on: January 15, 2023, 08:51:39 PM »

Everyone is.

You're right he probably will.
All I'm saying is like everyone else I'm thoroughly enjoying  watching such a talent play for Aston Villa.
I don't see the point in worrying about transfers or agents etc just because he's the best thing I've seen at Villa for decades.
Can't do much about it if it happens. We all know that.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #882 on: January 15, 2023, 10:23:02 PM »

Everyone is.

You're right he probably will.
All I'm saying is like everyone else I'm thoroughly enjoying  watching such a talent play for Aston Villa.
I don't see the point in worrying about transfers or agents etc just because he's the best thing I've seen at Villa for decades.
Can't do much about it if it happens. We all know that.
your right,we can leave that up to the owners

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #883 on: January 16, 2023, 08:13:40 AM »

That's not even remotely the truth but part of the reason it happens so often is because of the sheer amount of people that believe that myth.

The only times where the club is in as weak a position as you're suggesting is if there's a release clause in the contract or when a player gets into the last 2 years of their deal. Even then in the latter case it doesn't mean the player is inevitably leaving and there's nothing we can do.

If what you're suggesting was true:
Benteke would've left after 1 season.
Barry would've signed for Liverpool a year before he actually left.
Luiz would be playing for Arsenal.
and a none Villa one Kane would be at Man City.

There's plenty more examples, and more of them come up every single transfer window but still everyone knows that all you can do once a player has his head turned is make as much money as possible. Have you ever stopped to think that the reason that is considered true is because the media is flooded with players from those clubs and it helps them maintain the status quo for everyone else to "know their place"?

If we want to challenge for trophies we're going to need to upset a few people over this shit.

More importantly, it's fucking annoying to see player threads full of the same "he'll be gone in a year" style comments everytime someone puts together a run of 5-6 good performances, I can understand the sentiment but if you're so worn down by football that you can't even be happy without expecting things to go to shit then maybe the sport isn't good for you.

I am certainly enjoying watching him play - as I said, he's imperious.  I'm not 'worn down by football', nor 'expecting things to go to shit' any more than most, and suggesting people should stop watching football because they say something on the internet that you don't like is a bit off to be honest.  I'm happy enough so you needn't worry. 

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #884 on: January 16, 2023, 08:40:19 AM »
We should retire his number now. Just in case like.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal