collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 168810 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #885 on: January 16, 2023, 09:05:38 AM »
Villa took the gamble on him by giving him a deal which was better than anything any other club was prepared to offer. For any interested party now to rekindle that interest they will have to meet our valuation and increase his wages by a considerable sum. Whoever that club might be is going to have to make a massive investment for a player who doesn’t score goals. We’ll have him for a few seasons, clubs will be taking notice and probably PSG will make the move.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #886 on: January 16, 2023, 09:10:52 AM »
What a player he's been brilliant for us long may it continue.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #887 on: January 16, 2023, 09:27:46 AM »
Villa took the gamble on him by giving him a deal which was better than anything any other club was prepared to offer. For any interested party now to rekindle that interest they will have to meet our valuation and increase his wages by a considerable sum. Whoever that club might be is going to have to make a massive investment for a player who doesn’t score goals. We’ll have him for a few seasons, clubs will be taking notice and probably PSG will make the move.

I could see Citeh looking at that fat lump they bought from Leeds and thinking they may have made an error

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #888 on: January 16, 2023, 09:37:36 AM »

absolutely...a Rolls Royce of a player :)

UTV
The Doc

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #889 on: January 16, 2023, 09:55:51 AM »

UTV
The Doc

Totally agree and although I'm quite happy for it to remain so, How pundits and co-commentators have not singled him out has amazed me.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #890 on: January 16, 2023, 09:59:43 AM »

UTV
The Doc
Happy to keep it that way

Totally agree and although I'm quite happy for it to remain so, How pundits and co-commentators have not singled him out has amazed me.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #891 on: January 16, 2023, 10:49:06 AM »
Do you think if he was at Newcastle their fans would be worried about 'when' not 'if' he'll leave them?

I don't know why there seems to be this acceptance that Newcastle, who I think have made relatively modest changes to their squad, are now shoe in top 4 (in 14 months moving from certain relagation fodder) and Villa will be happy to be top half.  It's almost like because they have rich owners everyone will now roll over for them.  Yes Newcastle have spent fairly big money, partly because of the premium they were expected to pay because of their owners and to get the 'pioneering' players to start the process.  But if you look at their additions man for man they really haven't gone crazy.

If we want to be big we need to think big and act big - that's what Newcastle are doing.  Kamara has a long contract.  Yes, if we're still a bit shit in 3 years time we can start worrying about losing him.  Until then, we just need to fuck the fuckers and get on with building our own team.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 10:51:05 AM by chrisw1 »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #892 on: January 16, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
Do you think if he was at Newcastle their fans would be worried about 'when' not 'if' he'll leave them?

I don't know why there seems to be this acceptance that Newcastle, who I think have made relatively modest changes to their squad, are now shoe in top 4 (in 14 months moving from certain relagation fodder) and Villa will be happy to be top half.  It's almost like because they have rich owners everyone will now roll over for them.  Yes Newcastle have spent fairly big money, partly because of the premium they were expected to pay because of their owners and to get the 'pioneering' players to start the process.  But if you look at their additions man for man they really haven't gone crazy.

If we want to be big we need to think big and act big - that's what Newcastle are doing.  Kamara has a long contract.  Yes, if we're still a bit shit in 3 years time we can start worrying about losing him.  Until then, we just need to fuck the fuckers and get on with building our own team.

I imagine that the more level-headed amongst them know that if Real Madrid stick in a £100m bid for Guimarães then life is a bit more complicated than shrugging and pointing at how long is left on his contract.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #893 on: January 16, 2023, 11:17:16 AM »

I imagine that the more level-headed amongst them know that if Real Madrid stick in a £100m bid for Guimarães then life is a bit more complicated than shrugging and pointing at how long is left on his contract.
I don't know about that.  They'll finish top 4 this season.  I think they may be a bit more resiliant in transfers than you think.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #894 on: January 21, 2023, 05:11:03 PM »
Must say I feel, quietly, similarly about Kamara to how I feel about Martinez. I'm just kind of amazed we have him, he's so obviously top boss.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #895 on: January 21, 2023, 05:18:52 PM »
How did he play today, then?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #896 on: January 21, 2023, 05:20:37 PM »
When a team presses us, he seems unpressable. When they don’t like Southampton, then he can just dominate. It’s like there is two of him.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #897 on: January 21, 2023, 05:40:26 PM »
Must say I feel, quietly, similarly about Kamara to how I feel about Martinez. I'm just kind of amazed we have him, he's so obviously top boss.
Agree with this 100% - they are world class players - and we should enjoy them!  We may not always have them - but at least now we have a coach that gives us a chance of getting a few more players of there quality!

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #898 on: January 21, 2023, 05:41:10 PM »
Lets sell them & buy five Adam Armstrongs!  ;D

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #899 on: January 21, 2023, 05:54:30 PM »
How did he play today, then?

For the first time since he’s joined a pass he made didn’t make its way to the right player. I was furious, needs to improve massively in this area.

He was great again of course and kept Ward-Prouse quiet all afternoon. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal