collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169128 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #750 on: January 02, 2023, 09:10:55 AM »
Kamara going to centre back might be something he does later in his career but not now, totally unnecessary

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #751 on: January 02, 2023, 10:14:43 AM »
Move him to central defence? Jesus Christ.

When we sign Felix, let's move him to DOF.

I know, it's like marrying Lee Hyori and telling her she's only allowed to do the washing up.
Ridiculous and shows no understanding of my points in discussion. It's actually like marrying someone who's really good at 2 things and able to do both fantastically well!

At the moment he's doing very well in midfield and was only saying I wouldn't be surprised if he is deployed as a defender and if he was he would be sublime. And that if he did play there he would become a great. Talking about him becoming a great midfielder wasn't what I was simply discussing unlike everyone else. Actually I was broadening the discussion.
That's all.

Kamara going to centre back might be something he does later in his career but not now, totally unnecessary

Yes it's not currently feasible but the view is that he has all the qualities to play and be an outstanding centre back.
That if we get the required players or develop existing ones as possession based players he can be utilised in the defence.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #752 on: January 02, 2023, 10:29:11 AM »
Haha. Ok footy! Happy New Year!

Online Baldy

« Reply #753 on: January 02, 2023, 10:34:05 AM »
Kamara was excellent yesterday, arguably man of the match.

Can't believe Match of the Day or even Garth Crooks didn't acknowledged him. C'est la vie.

His awareness, commitment, focus, ability to read a game etc is beyond reproach. We have been waiting for a Carrodus/Taylor like player for years in midfield.

Probably has the attributes to be a good centre half but think that may be many years down the line. For now, let him and Luiz build their partnership. It has the potential to be formidable. Their presence alone fills me with confidence.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #754 on: January 02, 2023, 10:48:42 AM »

I think it’s time for another sabbatical Footy-Vill.
I immediately thinking"no" to the aforementioned because I just had a break.
And even though I respectfully take on board there is a suggestion or something not to post
 I was actually planning to start giving to H and V once more! But these sort of things set me back! As it then becomes a discussion in my thoughts as to how long before someone says I shouldn't post or is trying to exclude me.
Mods really should be the only ones who have the authority on that. Think you're taking advantage of how soft I am but unlucky for you my new years resolutions is not to be dictated to online or off.
New year wishes to you anyway!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #755 on: January 02, 2023, 10:49:16 AM »
Yep it’s a daft idea. It took us what feels like decades to find an outstanding DM. So a better idea is to buy a top tier CB to upgrade from Konsa on the right or Mings on the left. Someone to ultimately partner Carlos.

Why would we want to move the best CDM we have, from a position that has been a trouble spot for us for as long as I can remember? If we want comfortable ball playing CB’s, then we need to buy comfortable ball playing centre backs. We have one in Carlos, so we will just need another. There is no point in upsetting the CDM slot when we have just got it covered with probably the best option available…

These comments came across to me as people who weren't fully understanding the idea of a player who could play multiple roles and I was bringing up some points on this that hadn't been covered by anyone for discussion previously.
I was expanding the discussion which were far too readily dismissed as proved bybtge response which don't allow for further open talks

Additionally, if my post was properly read, I provided full justification and explanation rather than merely stating, "Play Kamara at centre back."  Cavaets were present. I discussed all of the options for meeting the need for possession-based centre backs and for developing the squad's current players.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:00:53 AM by Footy-Vill »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #756 on: January 02, 2023, 10:50:29 AM »

And even though I respectfully take on board there is a suggestion or something not to post
 I was actually planning to start giving to H and V once more! But these sort of things set me back! As it then becomes a discussion in my thoughts as to how long before someone says I shouldn't post or is trying to exclude me.
Mods really should be the only ones who have the authority on that. Think you're taking advantage of how soft I am but unlucky for you my new years resolutions is not to be dictated to online or off.
I am sure it was in jest Footy.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #757 on: January 02, 2023, 11:02:41 AM »
Well, jesting could be why the comment was made by Olaftab
I'll only next post on the Kamara thread when he plays at centre back. That's fair all round.
So can discuss his performance then! As nothing more needs to be said on his quality in midfield and as a defender by me

In the words of Marty McFly from the film Back to the Future
I Guess You Guys Aren't Ready For That Yet (But Your Kids Are Gonna Love It)

Think thats a great resolution and everyone else can carry on as they were.
It's good some posters understood my point though for Kamara playing at centre half!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:08:36 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #758 on: January 02, 2023, 11:08:58 AM »
I don't think he'll be playing centre back any time soon, Footy.

Online Baldy

« Reply #759 on: January 02, 2023, 11:21:10 AM »
What I like is Kamara and/or Luiz dropping back deeper more often to collect the ball from our goalie/centre backs and progressing the move forward.

So much better than Mings/Konsa dithering on the ball before going sideways/backwards or hoofing.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #760 on: January 02, 2023, 11:40:41 AM »
Yep it’s a daft idea. It took us what feels like decades to find an outstanding DM. So a better idea is to buy a top tier CB to upgrade from Konsa on the right or Mings on the left. Someone to ultimately partner Carlos.

Why would we want to move the best CDM we have, from a position that has been a trouble spot for us for as long as I can remember? If we want comfortable ball playing CB’s, then we need to buy comfortable ball playing centre backs. We have one in Carlos, so we will just need another. There is no point in upsetting the CDM slot when we have just got it covered with probably the best option available…

These comments came across to me as people who weren't fully understanding the idea of a player who could play multiple roles and I was bringing up some points on this that hadn't been covered by anyone for discussion previously.
I was expanding the discussion which were far too readily dismissed as proved bybtge response which don't allow for further open talks

Additionally, if my post was properly read, I provided full justification and explanation rather than merely stating, "Play Kamara at centre back."  Cavaets were present. I discussed all of the options for meeting the need for possession-based centre backs and for developing the squad's current players.

There is no need to explain what you were saying, I can read. I merely disagree with your thought process. Could he play at CB? Yes. He has done at Marseille, so it’s not a new concept. Should he play at CB? Absolutely not. For the reasons I stated. All I did was to add to the discussion by respectfully disagreeing with you. And I stand by what I said. There is no reason to want to move Kamara to CB when we could just fill the CB role with the desired level of quality & playing styles with a transfer. Because if we move Kamara to CB, we are then left with needing to purchase another CDM. Which makes no sense when we already have one that is proving to be the answer to all of the prayers we have been asking for, for as long as a piece of string is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:43:06 AM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #761 on: January 02, 2023, 11:41:00 AM »
I don't think he'll be playing centre back any time soon, Footy.

Great news!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #762 on: January 02, 2023, 11:52:12 AM »
He might end up playing deeper but only in the same way as Ashley Young has by having another string to his bow in 10 years time in order to extend his career.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #763 on: January 02, 2023, 11:53:53 AM »
Footy, don't mind Olaftab, we need you here and H&V is a duller place without you.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #764 on: January 02, 2023, 11:57:46 AM »

I am sure it was in jest Footy.

Yes Footy as CL said. You carry on mate with your left field  input and as eamonn said it makes this place better. Happy new year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal