collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169138 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #735 on: January 01, 2023, 06:58:16 PM »
Fabulous little player. The more I see of him, the better he looks.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #736 on: January 01, 2023, 09:01:41 PM »
As I saw someone else write *edit - it’s in Dave’s article* he’s the sort of player other clubs sign and you wonder why we never do. Now we have and he’s outstanding.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #737 on: January 01, 2023, 09:36:25 PM »
He was brilliant today.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #738 on: January 01, 2023, 09:44:58 PM »
Crazy that this guy wasn't in the World Cup finals.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #739 on: January 01, 2023, 09:48:43 PM »
He's elite, and he does his job in midfield so well as a retainer of possession and ball winner.
It's a valuable asset to have a footballer who is so at comfortable in possession. We now need two to three more like this around the defensive third.

Tactically, he can drop back into defence, and there may be an idea to sign a centre back who gets forward while Kamara sits if we don't move Kamara to centre half this season (I ultimately see him playing and becoming a modern day great centre half) due to the existing members of squad not able to fulfill role at dm.

If we can add some more of these possession style players or the existing players within the squad develop the quality on the ball then that would be such a brilliant team!

For the time being, Kamara must play defensive midfield because players like Nakamba and Chambers might not be able to handle this possession game. Chambers can play midfield and defence but not in a way that involves retaining the ball, making him a dumber version of Kamara.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 10:00:46 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #740 on: January 01, 2023, 09:55:37 PM »
If he could only play up front & score and play in goal as well we would cause teams more than a few problems 😉

He’s superb. Great vision, gets stick in and rarely gives it away.
He is a fantastic player and I want Villa to surround him with other classy players. Rarely wastes a pass, covers well for others, reads the game superbly.  Would be Captain for me.  Best player on the pitch.

He possesses the skills to play as a centre half thanks to his assured play and ability for playing the ball out, and I've assigned him to a centre back position one day . Depending on how the squad expand and develops may even be this season, BK to me might be best suited at centre back because it fits how football is played in a tactical style with a possession based footballer in the defence. It also suits  how Emery wants his defenders to play at Villa.

When playing at the back, he would resemble Thiago Silva or Van Dyke.  Playing there he would be potential to be one of the very best modern day defenders.

Given that he had previously played there at times before transferring to Villa, as I say I  really wouldn't be surprised if we saw him in that capacity at some point in his career here. He's already very good and assured to go into the defensive line and receive the ball either freeing up other midfielders or starting the play. And that would make good reason to have him a centre back when we get more improvement from the existing players or ones being brought in.

Why else I think he should play centre half is because of his ability in possession and dealing with strikers pressing him, I believe he would be even more useful at centre back, giving Villa more flexibility in the midfield 3 once the midfielders best suited to Emery are in the squad.  And as already said he has to remain at midfield until we have more possession based players in the squad.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:58:51 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online charleeco7

« Reply #741 on: January 01, 2023, 09:59:16 PM »
He’s very good where he is.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #742 on: January 02, 2023, 12:33:09 AM »
Why would we want to move the best CDM we have, from a position that has been a trouble spot for us for as long as I can remember? If we want comfortable ball playing CB’s, then we need to buy comfortable ball playing centre backs. We have one in Carlos, so we will just need another. There is no point in upsetting the CDM slot when we have just got it covered with probably the best option available…

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #743 on: January 02, 2023, 12:36:16 AM »
Yep it’s a daft idea. It took us what feels like decades to find an outstanding DM. So a better idea is to buy a top tier CB to upgrade from Konsa on the right or Mings on the left. Someone to ultimately partner Carlos.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #744 on: January 02, 2023, 01:21:33 AM »
Move him to central defence? Jesus Christ.

When we sign Felix, let's move him to DOF.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #745 on: January 02, 2023, 01:37:52 AM »

I know, it's like marrying Lee Hyori and telling her she's only allowed to do the washing up.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #746 on: January 02, 2023, 02:09:19 AM »

I know, it's like marrying Lee Hyori and telling her she's only allowed to do the washing up.

Ha! Now you're talking, mate! I mentioned to some Korean students recently that she's my favourite, and they said something along the lines of 'urgh teacher, she's a grandma'.

Idiots. Still, I'd move those students to centre back before Kamara.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #747 on: January 02, 2023, 02:15:18 AM »
I think it’s time for another sabbatical Footy-Vill.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #748 on: January 02, 2023, 06:12:34 AM »
Fabulous little player. The more I see of him, the better he looks.

Yeah he is the real deal seemingly

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #749 on: January 02, 2023, 08:03:39 AM »
It's looking more and more like my Marseille-supporting mate was right. This kid is going to be one of the best in the world eventually.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal