collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Goodbye football RIP  (Read 12994 times)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: Goodbye football RIP
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2022, 08:46:34 AM »
Well, reading this thread on a Monday morning has cheered me up.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »
Following a football team, properly following them, is like jumping off a high building tied to a long piece of elastic.  The lower you fall the higher you bounce back.  All the plastic Mancs all over the media love in this morning should know that this is as good as it gets.  Everything now goes downhill.  I remember when Manchester City was a proper football club not just a big pile of money.  I was working in South London the day of the League 1 playoff final and the Mancs were leaving their play off game believing they had lost.  Look at them now.  Glory hunting football arrivistes who assault opposition players and trash pitches.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2022, 09:00:35 AM »
Their own pitch.  Fucking neandertals.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2022, 09:19:07 AM »
I was working in Manchester 20 odd years ago when they scraped past Gillingham on penalties, Brian. All the Man City fans I knew then were decent, knowledgable sorts, even more put upon then we were in recent years. Now though,  they make the average Man U daytripper look like the salt of the earth.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2022, 09:26:57 AM »
I hate football. I hate Man City even more. I also hate Sky.

But I’ll still be watching the preseason and getting excited during this transfer window!

Fundamentally, we have the basis of a very exciting team. How many other teams have led 2-0 at Manchester City? But then again, how many teams have gone on to lose 3-2 from that position?

It’s an addiction for me. Yes, we don’t win everything. Or 50% of things roughly. But that’s why I love Villa. I hate them for what they do to me, but I love them because they do it.

More coffee needed.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2022, 10:36:41 AM »

But I’ll still be watching the preseason and getting excited during this transfer window!

Fundamentally, we have the basis of a very exciting team. How many other teams have led 2-0 at Manchester City? But then again, how many teams have gone on to lose 3-2 from that position?

It’s an addiction for me. Yes, we don’t win everything. Or 50% of things roughly. But that’s why I love Villa. I hate them for what they do to me, but I love them because they do it.

More coffee needed.
I watched it yesterday in a student pub in town. There were loads of Liverpool fans which I expected but what I didn't expect was the amount of Man City "fans" and they all seemed to be locals.There was just one table of Villa fans who got dogs  abuse after City put the 3rd goal in. It was hard to believe I was in a pub in Birmingham. A whole pub full of plastics who wouldn't know where to find the Etihad or Anfield. A truly horrible experience. Never again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:39:21 AM by The Edge »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2022, 10:38:04 AM »

More coffee needed.
I watched it yesterday in a student pub in town. There were loads of Liverpool fans which I expected but what I didn't expect was the amount of Man City "fans" and they a had Brummie accents. There was just one table of Villa fans who got dogs  abuse after City put the 3rd goal in. It was hard to believe I was in a pub in Birmingham. A whole pub full of plastics who wouldn't know where to find the Etihad or Anfield. A truly horrible experience. Never again.

Brummies following Manc teams is fucking criminal. Come the revolution I'd put them up the wall first.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »
I was working in Manchester 20 odd years ago when they scraped past Gillingham on penalties, Brian. All the Man City fans I knew then were decent, knowledgable sorts, even more put upon then we were in recent years. Now though,  they make the average Man U daytripper look like the salt of the earth.

I found them a right bunch of objectionable, arrogant, ungracious arseholes after the League Cup Final. 

Offline danno

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2022, 10:49:09 AM »

More coffee needed.
I watched it yesterday in a student pub in town. There were loads of Liverpool fans which I expected but what I didn't expect was the amount of Man City "fans" and they a had Brummie accents. There was just one table of Villa fans who got dogs  abuse after City put the 3rd goal in. It was hard to believe I was in a pub in Birmingham. A whole pub full of plastics who wouldn't know where to find the Etihad or Anfield. A truly horrible experience. Never again.

Brummies following Manc teams is fucking criminal. Come the revolution I'd put them up the wall first.

Let me be the one to pull the trigger El Presidente.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2022, 10:51:45 AM »

More coffee needed.

We have a protocol. It's golf first.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
There are probably Brummie Mancs who play golf. Not even the proper golf with the ramps and windmills.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2022, 11:00:33 AM »
It will be a big wall, like Dortmund's end.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2022, 11:12:37 AM »
We need to fucking win something, that will stop the glory hunters going elsewhere.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2022, 11:22:44 AM »

More coffee needed.

Good summing up. Yesterday showed both the potential we have and also where we need to improve.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »
We need to fucking win something, that will stop the glory hunters going elsewhere.

I don't want those c unts anywhere near me.

I'd rather be exactly what we are than change to come onto their radar.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal