collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summary of the season.  (Read 7411 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Summary of the season.
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2022, 12:32:40 AM »

Hopefully this will come through ok. Thought some people might like to see this. Think it feeds in to the points above.

It shows wages spent position VS actual league position. We're currently 10 in the Premier League for wages spent but our actual position is 14.

Thanks yes interesting, reinforces respect for Brentford’s achievement (how will the difficult 2nd album sound?), kudos to Brighton & West Ham on the bang for buck too.

We already know Everton have been shamefully run.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 12:58:45 AM »

Hopefully this will come through ok. Thought some people might like to see this. Think it feeds in to the points above.

It shows wages spent position VS actual league position. We're currently 10 in the Premier League for wages spent but our actual position is 14.

Thanks yes interesting, reinforces respect for Brentford’s achievement (how will the difficult 2nd album sound?), kudos to Brighton & West Ham on the bang for buck too.

We already know Everton have been shamefully run.

Think we’re a bit closer to Everton then I would like. However, think our squad make up is much better in terms of potential re-sale options/age.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:38:29 AM by LeonW »

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 02:17:06 AM »
Overall, it’s been bang average and that’s probably on the generous side but I think there’s reasons to be optimistic.

Go back to the summer - it was an awful start from which we never recovered. Losing you know who of course and what his exit represented, but the hopelessly disjointed pre-season, the weird coaching staff movements… for the first time in this ownership, things just didn’t seem right. Also for the first time under this ownership, felt we panicked in the transfer market. Transfers are easy in hindsight of course but in reflection, none of the three main signings really fitted the way we were playing or replaced Joe. It now looks like a rushed decision to try and placate rather than well thought through recruitment.

And then, I look at the league table and the fine margins and it wouldn’t take that much to be considerably better placed. Just eradicate one of of our two horrendous five game losing streaks (one point from ten?) and we’re already top half.

Reasons to be optimistic. I feel like I can see how Gerrard wants to play. A style and a system is emerging. I can see what they’re trying to do and I don’t think we’re that far away from an average side being a good one if we get the recruitment right. Add to that I think we’re shopping in a whole new level of the transfer market now - we’ve moved up a considerable notch and if we add a couple more at the same levels as, by and large, our signings since January then it should - should - be pretty transformational.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 06:16:00 AM »
As what I always had on my school reports Grade C Can do better.

"has ability but needs to concentrate and focus more to acheive goals"

“Who?”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal