collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Goodbye football RIP  (Read 12997 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Goodbye football RIP
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2022, 01:56:48 AM »
Great post

Exactly how I'm feeling

I've lost the love for football completely,can't watch it anymore and generally find it boring

You should refuse to renew that season ticket you don't have in protest.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 02:13:23 AM »
Great post

Exactly how I'm feeling

I've lost the love for football completely,can't watch it anymore and generally find it boring
Can I have your season ticket ? My 2 sons and myself have come down 3 times in the last 9 days from the Manchester area to watch our games and discussed on the way back that we shall continue to get down to as many games as possible.  It's harder for us to rinse the Villa out of our systems, it's a life long commitment. I wonder how supporters of my local club, Rochdale, feel about your post - I feel sure they would love to be in the Villa's position.  P.S And gleaning from your post your approximate age, I can say I am older and have been going to VP since 1958.

richtheholtender

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 08:42:29 AM »
Great post

Exactly how I'm feeling

Can I have your season ticket ? My 2 sons and myself have come down 3 times in the last 9 days from the Manchester area to watch our games and discussed on the way back that we shall continue to get down to as many games as possible.  It's harder for us to rinse the Villa out of our systems, it's a life long commitment. I wonder how supporters of my local club, Rochdale, feel about your post - I feel sure they would love to be in the Villa's position.  P.S And gleaning from your post your approximate age, I can say I am older and have been going to VP since 1958.

That's an interesting point you make about Rochdale as I've often thought it's actually easy to support a lower ranked club or a club at the very top than it is to support someone like us. I mean, we're small enough to have expectations that very rarely get delivered on but big enough to pay top dollar (not just this season) for tickets etc and have the piss ripped from other clubs. You never hear an unhappy Walsall fan do you? They pay low prices, never get bantered and can just enjoy life as they know their levels.

richtheholtender

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 08:45:11 AM »
So I'm not so sure your Rochdale fans would swap. They ultimately pay less and get to see their team win nothing.....we pay a hell of lot more, get told we should accept our best players leaving and win nothing. Sounds like they're quids in

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 08:46:04 AM »
They'd swap in a second. Point me in the direction of a club which has had decreased attendances when they went up to the Premier League?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 08:50:21 AM »
Great post

Exactly how I'm feeling

More early nights for Wilma then, bet she can’t wait.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2022, 08:51:52 AM »
They'd swap in a second. Point me in the direction of a club which has had decreased attendances when they went up to the Premier League?

Even the rags got bigger gates when they went up. For a bit.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2022, 09:01:25 AM »
I agree that the game is broken tbh.  The gap between the haves and have nots is so wide and there a constant desire by the 'top clubs' to keep tipping those scales and pull up the drawbridge even more.  In the last 2 years we've seem 'project big picture,' Super League, the attempt to implement the Champs league coefficient qualification and and now the 5 subs rule.  It disgusts me, it really does.

I long for the days the likes of Villa, Ipswich, Everton and Leeds could challenge for league titles.  Now it's just which of 2-3 clubs with endless finances will win, whilst they come up with new ways to keep their foot on the necks of the irrelevant 14.

I'll stick with it in the forlorn hope that we can compete at the top table again one day.  But I completely understand why some have given up.  We have killed the beautiful game.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2022, 09:24:52 AM »
The purchasing of teams by some of the worst people in the world and their subsequent success is a bit galling to be honest. But the love for Villa is too ingrained for me to cast it aside. I've got a mate who's started going non league and he reckons it's better. Haven't tried it myself but can't imagine it will pack the same emotional punch, for better or worse.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »
Generally, football is nowhere near as fun when you're not emotionally invested. I will go to non-league games, but I'm far more interested in visiting nearby pubs than I am in the actual match.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 09:40:36 AM »
I’m VTID!
As regards football outside of VP I don’t watch it anymore. It’s a different sport to the one I grew up loving.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 09:41:35 AM »
My 9 year olds sons second game, his first was Watford the poor sod.  I have recently split with my wife and he is struggling

with it and is not having a particularly happy time at school at the moment,   so yesterday was a great distraction

He loved it. we didnt win but we scored a goal , he had chips and gravy sang his heart out with mates . moaned about

Burnley time wasting and had a great evening , Thanks Villa and football   

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 09:43:33 AM »
My 9 year olds sons second game, his first was Watford the poor sod.  I have recently split with my wife and he is struggling

with it and is not having a particularly happy time at school at the moment,   so yesterday was a great distraction

He loved it. we didnt win but we scored a goal , he had chips and gravy sang his heart out with mates . moaned about

Good to hear, mate. Also, I didn't even know chips and gravy was an option.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 09:48:32 AM »
I often feel like that, and I still turn up, and will do until Im no longer able to.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 09:50:53 AM »

Good to hear, mate. Also, I didn't even know chips and gravy was an option.

It should be, it's underrated. For me, generally, Brummie/West Mids chip fayre is far superior to the rest of the country but we could learn from something from our backward northern cousins in this field.

And keeping on topic, another reason for Burnley to stay up is that I had the most sensationally good curry sauce and chips after the game up there from chinese/chip shop hybrid right be the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal