collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1  (Read 15785 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2022, 09:22:30 AM »
A non game for us and it showed 1st half. Better 2nd with the changes. SG has a lot of work to do this summer.
Love that the M6 was closed just after the match.

Yep, queue time according to the signs was an hour just to do J6 to J5, so we took a big detour through the hotspots of Sutton Coldfield and down the M42. I hate getting home from evening games at Villa Park.

Offline MillerBall

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2022, 09:33:38 AM »
Not the best of results but could just as easily been a home defeat. The home form has not been remotely impressive and the points haul from home games puts us near the bottom of any "home form" league.
There are a few positive signs but clearly the midfield does not contribute enough defensively to proceedings.
There clearly needs to be some folks trimmed from the squad (assuming of course anybody will buy them).
I think the players towels were on the beach after the FA Cup defeat at Old Trafford.
8 p.m. kick offs at Villa take no account of your increasingly weak public transport links!!
Sill "there always next season- it might be our year in the FA Cup"

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »
I thought it was an entertaining game against horrible anti-football opponents. We did more than enough to win it and were comfortably the better side. My glass is half-full. With the exception of the Spurs second half we never look like we’re going to get spanked these days. The margins are fine. A bit more quality or composure in front of goal and we could easily have had 7-9 points from these three home games.

This is where I am too. It's been a frustrating season, there's no denying it, but I think there's something there which we will hopefully be able to unlock with a few high-class additions.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2022, 09:44:30 AM »
A non game for us and it showed 1st half. Better 2nd with the changes. SG has a lot of work to do this summer.

Yep, queue time according to the signs was an hour just to do J6 to J5, so we took a big detour through the hotspots of Sutton Coldfield and down the M42. I hate getting home from evening games at Villa Park.

I've come to the conclusion I don't like midweek games, games on Sundays or early/late Saturday kick offs.

I thought I'd take I'd take the quieter route down Washwood Heath Rd, only to find they'd put roadwords and 3 way lights at the junction by Ward End Park wher the old DAF factory was. I love how they always manage to do simultaneous works on main routes and all of the alternatives.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2022, 09:45:38 AM »

I've come to the conclusion I don't like midweek games, games on Sundays or early/late Saturday kick offs.

I thought I'd take I'd take the quieter route down Washwood Heath Rd, only to find they'd put roadwords and 3 way lights at the junction by Ward End Park wher the old DAF factory was. I love how they always manage to do simultaneous works on main routes and all of the alternatives.

Get yourself to the countryside, mate.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2022, 09:54:46 AM »
I suppose it was quite apt that our last game pretty much summed up the whole season in that it promised a lot more than it delivered.

On one hand they came for a point and rarely displayed any adventure yet their keeper must have made 10 fine saves and we also missed a few. On the other hand you'd have expected him to make all of those saves.

Thought McGinn was the pick of them, a really fine game from him. Overall, Meh.

Online LeeB

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2022, 09:59:12 AM »

Get yourself to the countryside, mate.

I would mate, but I talk too fast for them

Online LeeB

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2022, 10:10:17 AM »
I thought Bert did quite well when he game on, but still managed a no look, first time cross field pass to an opponent that dropped us in the shit. Just the one though this time.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2022, 10:13:15 AM »
Any idea what all the commotion was in the upper Holte, first half? There were a lot of people standing up, looking at something, and some were calling for stewards to get up there

Someone needed some medical assistance. All seemed ok in the end

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2022, 10:24:21 AM »
How was Ashley Barnes not even booked for that blatant assault on Mings?
How did the linesman fall for the blatant dive that from the resultant free kick led to their penalty?
Some bizarre refereeing last night.
Matt Lowton, what a tool, gets roundly applauded by just about everyone then assaults Chambers.
I was going to say fair play to Burnley's fans for their respect and applause during half time HEITS but bollocks to them.

Online LeeB

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »
Also, I know it's not a big place but that was a piss poor following for a game of that magnitude for them

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2022, 10:38:39 AM »
Also, I know it's not a big place but that was a piss poor following for a game of that magnitude for them

I thought that, the entire upper tier empty, it's not like it's a long way from Burnley.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2022, 10:46:46 AM »

Loads of empty seats all over VP last night, I reckon the “real” attendance was 35k ish. Disgrace!

Online LeeB

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2022, 10:49:47 AM »

Loads of empty seats all over VP last night, I reckon the “real” attendance was 35k ish. Disgrace!

I'd been in the office yesterday and had left my wallet at home like the twat I am, so I was starving when I got back and there was a moment when I nearly didn't bother.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »
You'd have thought the upper Doug Ellis away end could have been sold to some of the 2 billion desperate for a slice of the action on the waiting list.

Plenty of empty seats around  , 35k seemed about right

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal