collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1  (Read 16153 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2022, 01:29:40 PM »
Also, I know it's not a big place but that was a piss poor following for a game of that magnitude for them
or could it now be that the everyday supporters have reached the point of if the players can't be arsed why should we, it's not just the traveling but also the cost

It could be that but it doesn't seem to affect anyone else

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2022, 01:32:01 PM »
You'd have thought the upper Doug Ellis away end could have been sold to some of the 2 billion desperate for a slice of the action on the waiting list.

Plenty of empty seats around  , 35k seemed about right

Get some new material you tedious fucking bore.

Can we keep it civil. Ta.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2022, 02:00:13 PM »
You'd have thought the upper Doug Ellis away end could have been sold to some of the 2 billion desperate for a slice of the action on the waiting list.

I dont think you can have home fans sat above away fans in that scenario for segregation  so they  probably cant sell them . 

But you have your narrative anyway.
official attendance was 40k plus. Burnley probably got 2500 and failed to sell their allocation. I’m not making this up, but I’m sure I heard Leeds fans chanting ‘we are Leeds’ it came through loud and clear on the feed here. I thought it was some bizarre piss-take by the Villa fans aimed at Burnley at first, but must’ve been Leeds supporters there.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »
Villa did send out a message before the match to say the game was another sell out. Didn’t look that way to me. Maybe a lot of season ticket holders just didn’t turn up as there were plenty of empty seats. I think I read somewhere that the club will gain about £4 million from the ticket price increases. However, if we had finished 2 places higher, the club would benefit from £8million more in prize money.

It's about driving out the less well off than making a few million. They don't want that type inside Villa Park . The £200 increase was designed to do that

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2022, 02:13:23 PM »
Villa did send out a message before the match to say the game was another sell out. Didn’t look that way to me. Maybe a lot of season ticket holders just didn’t turn up as there were plenty of empty seats. I think I read somewhere that the club will gain about £4 million from the ticket price increases. However, if we had finished 2 places higher, the club would benefit from £8million more in prize money.

It's about driving out the less well off than making a few million. They don't want that type inside Villa Park . The £200 increase was designed to do that

Could you chat more shit?

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2022, 02:18:15 PM »

We asked about this at the last FCG and were told that they have wanted to sell unsold upper tier away tickets to Villa fans but aren’t allowed to.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2022, 02:18:48 PM »

Could you chat more shit?

That sounds like a request. Please be clear.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2022, 02:19:19 PM »
Crack is a terrible thing kids.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2022, 02:19:53 PM »
If Leeds and Burnley had had each others keepers for the season, Leeds would be well clear of relegation and Burnley would be below Norwich in my opinion.

I think that's a fair comment, we've had enough iffy keepers over the last decade to realise how important they are.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2022, 02:21:48 PM »
If Leeds and Burnley had had each others keepers for the season, Leeds would be well clear of relegation and Burnley would be below Norwich in my opinion.

I think that's a fair comment, we've had enough iffy keepers over the last decade to realise how important they are.

Pope's save from Traore's header was the pick for me.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2022, 02:21:52 PM »
Most of my predictions have come true regarding the club and our form and awful decision making. If people think finishing 14th and increasing tickets by £200+ is acceptable then that's on them. Personally I want a club that we can be proud of that understand the fan base in a cost of living crisis.

Unfortunately the club have proven themselves to be completely out of touch and the six home wins and complete failure in beating Palace and Burnley in the final encounters at Villa Park have brought a depressing end to a woeful campaign.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:36:00 PM by Flin5tone »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2022, 02:22:34 PM »

We asked about this at the last FCG and were told that they have wanted to sell unsold upper tier away tickets to Villa fans but aren’t allowed to.

I think it's about allocations rather than safety. For example, when away fans were in the North, we had fans above. Sheffield United have fans above the away fan, albeit with big nets to catch stuff in place.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2022, 02:30:39 PM »
I thought Bert did quite well when he game on, but still managed a no look, first time cross field pass to an opponent that dropped us in the shit. Just the one though this time.
I unreservedly love watching Bert Traore play just for the sheer randomness. He will do those mental passes to the opposition. But then there will be an outrageous piece of skill. Or he’ll pop up with an excellent header that need a brilliant save. The moment that stands out for me last night was when he was on the right of the Burnley box with 3 defenders in front of him. He had them on a piece of string and then seemed to have enough and rolled a neat pass to Buendia (I think). Sometimes it’s just nice to watch a player not be ordinary or efficient or whatever.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2022, 02:33:42 PM »
I thought Bert did quite well when he game on, but still managed a no look, first time cross field pass to an opponent that dropped us in the shit. Just the one though this time.
I unreservedly love watching Bert Traore play just for the sheer randomness. He will do those mental passes to the opposition. But then there will be an outrageous piece of skill. Or he’ll pop up with an excellent header that need a brilliant save. The moment that stands out for me last night was when he was on the right of the Burnley box with 3 defenders in front of him. He had them on a piece of string and then seemed to have enough and rolled a neat pass to Buendia (I think). Sometimes it’s just nice to watch a player not be ordinary or efficient or whatever.

He got a bollocking from Gerrard not long after he came on, whereby Gerrard told him to get up front alongside Watkins and stop drifting back to defend. just after he'd tried that customary no look Hollywood pass.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2022, 02:39:06 PM »

Traore has got the best first touch of any player I've seen at Villa in many a year. It doesn't matter how hard it's pinged at him, he just sort of caresses it to a stand still. Obviously what happens after he has is very a much a matter of chance, but he should try to teach that ability to Watkins before he leaves the club. If you could combine Traore's touch with Watkins work rate, you'd have a £100m player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal