collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:20:41 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:18:06 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Moose
[Today at 11:15:08 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by AV84
[Today at 11:07:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:06:04 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 11:05:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1  (Read 16169 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Post match thread. Villa 1 Burnley 1
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2022, 03:28:29 PM »
I thought Bert did quite well when he game on, but still managed a no look, first time cross field pass to an opponent that dropped us in the shit. Just the one though this time.
I unreservedly love watching Bert Traore play just for the sheer randomness. He will do those mental passes to the opposition. But then there will be an outrageous piece of skill. Or he’ll pop up with an excellent header that need a brilliant save. The moment that stands out for me last night was when he was on the right of the Burnley box with 3 defenders in front of him. He had them on a piece of string and then seemed to have enough and rolled a neat pass to Buendia (I think). Sometimes it’s just nice to watch a player not be ordinary or efficient or whatever.

Traore has got the best first touch of any player I've seen at Villa in many a year. It doesn't matter how hard it's pinged at him, he just sort of caresses it to a stand still. Obviously what happens after he has is very a much a matter of chance, but he should try to teach that ability to Watkins before he leaves the club. If you could combine Traore's touch with Watkins work rate, you'd have a £100m player.

just based on yesterday, where he has hardly played he was on the end of a couple of really good chances I want him with us next season. And short of Pope pulling off a Gordon Banks save we'd have won that game from his header. I love him as a footballer.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2022, 03:56:17 PM »
I thought Bert did quite well when he game on, but still managed a no look, first time cross field pass to an opponent that dropped us in the shit. Just the one though this time.
I unreservedly love watching Bert Traore play just for the sheer randomness. He will do those mental passes to the opposition. But then there will be an outrageous piece of skill. Or he’ll pop up with an excellent header that need a brilliant save. The moment that stands out for me last night was when he was on the right of the Burnley box with 3 defenders in front of him. He had them on a piece of string and then seemed to have enough and rolled a neat pass to Buendia (I think). Sometimes it’s just nice to watch a player not be ordinary or efficient or whatever.

Traore has got the best first touch of any player I've seen at Villa in many a year. It doesn't matter how hard it's pinged at him, he just sort of caresses it to a stand still. Obviously what happens after he has is very a much a matter of chance, but he should try to teach that ability to Watkins before he leaves the club. If you could combine Traore's touch with Watkins work rate, you'd have a £100m player.

just based on yesterday, where he has hardly played he was on the end of a couple of really good chances I want him with us next season. And short of Pope pulling off a Gordon Banks save we'd have won that game from his header. I love him as a footballer.

Thought he looked better centrally later on in the game

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2022, 04:02:53 PM »
Traore just seems like a waste of space to me. He's got some tricks but there's hardly ever any end product.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2022, 04:22:52 PM »

I agree with all of the above. I'd hate him to leave, but I fear he isn't appreciated by Gerrard.

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2022, 05:05:52 PM »
Agree with Villa Mole that Traore looks more effective when playing down the middle. I think in one way he is an ideal sub in that the opposition find it hard to work out what he is going to do because he is so unpredictable.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2022, 05:07:01 PM »
I agree with all of the above. I'd hate him to leave, but I fear he isn't appreciated by Gerrard.

To be fair he's been injured for most of the season, other than for the AFCON.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »

To be fair he's been injured for most of the season, other than for the AFCON.
We need to form a protest group to convince Gerrard to reverse drive our African treasure back into the team. .

Offline Skerra

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2022, 05:36:38 PM »
Legion, you are of course technically correct in saying we could finish higher than 14th but, considering who we are playing on Sunday I don’t think I’ll be in any rush to get anything from this match. Always a possibility but I won’t be holding my breath.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2022, 05:44:03 PM »
We could lose 1-0 and still go up a place if Palace lose 6-0

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2022, 06:02:04 PM »
I haven't looked because I'd just feel dirty but I'd imagine Leeds forums were in meltdown at the Everton result and probably not best pleased with ours last night. I will of course go looking come Sunday afternoon, just for research purposes mind.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2022, 07:30:41 PM »
Traore just seems like a waste of space to me. He's got some tricks but there's hardly ever any end product.

Hey! You're positive about everything to do with the Villa. Reconsider!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2022, 08:10:33 PM »
Most of my predictions have come true regarding the club and our form and awful decision making. If people think finishing 14th and increasing tickets by £200+ is acceptable then that's on them. Personally I want a club that we can be proud of that understand the fan base in a cost of living crisis.

Unfortunately the club have proven themselves to be completely out of touch and the six home wins and complete failure in beating Palace and Burnley in the final encounters at Villa Park have brought a depressing end to a woeful campaign.

Which predictions would they be? You spend your time chatting shite about how attendances will fall, despite us averaging 41,651, the 8th highest in the league and 4th highest occupancy. You're a tedious troll and fuck knows why we have to tolerate your bollocks on this site.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2022, 08:15:05 PM »

Same here, a few flashes of brilliance but most of the time, poor. His goal vs Boggies was a thing of beauty, that was one of few times though.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2022, 08:25:52 PM »
Traore has the first touch of Lionel Messi and the 2nd touch of Alexander Tonev.

Don't know if its been mentioned as Mings will rightly be picking up the plaudits for umbelievable block but also what a fucking save that was initially from Martinez.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2022, 08:47:58 PM »
I haven't looked because I'd just feel dirty but I'd imagine Leeds forums were in meltdown at the Everton result and probably not best pleased with ours last night. I will of course go looking come Sunday afternoon, just for research purposes mind.

I’d imagine it’s mainly ‘ug ug grunt ug grunt we are Leeds ug grunt Marching On Together grunt we are Leeds ug ug.’

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal