collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 30621 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2022, 12:06:02 AM »
Sounds like it’s been kicking off on a train back to New Street.

The train I was on took two hours to get from Wolverhampton to New St. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. We we’re stationary near Smethwick for most of that time. Rumours that someone had had a heart attack and died however all the driver was saying over the PA was that people kept pressing the emergency button so we couldn’t move. It was seriously packed and uncomfortable anyway as there were loads of Liverpool glory hunters onboard before hundreds of Villa fans got on at Wolverhampton. People then started jumping out and walking down the tracks to escape the heat onboard and take their chances on foot. Police were called and boarded the train. More delays, no one knew what was happening. Horrible end to a shit day.

Was going to say getting the tram back would've been a less stress experience but they've stopped running yet again due to faulty track now.

Brum really excelling itself again with transport issues in Commonwealth games year.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2022, 12:31:18 AM »
Just watched it now. Didn’t really have that derby feel til the last 10 minutes. Dog heads are a good side. There’s no arguing that. We could’ve been 4-0 down at half time. They were so sharp on the break and used the full width of the pitch going forward. Gutted we lost and most people won’t say it was a classic, but I quite enjoyed it. It’s the giving the ball away that fucked us. Same as against Arsenal. There is a decent Villa team in there, but just keep shooting ourselves in the foot, ceding possession at critical points in the match.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2022, 01:40:44 AM »
Interesting line up with Sanson and Bailey starting neither pulled up any trees with performances to keep out Luiz or Buendia, this against a functional but injury hit wolves outfit. I don’t know where we go from here !

Offline wince

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2022, 02:08:19 AM »
Fucking gash performance today. Will we ever be consistent?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2022, 02:47:44 AM »
We won three in a row and now we've lost three in a row. How consistent do you want us to be?!

Offline steamer

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2022, 06:37:11 AM »
on a different note, the guys and gals that were waving the flags before the kick off, they look like car guards who have just been pulled off the street
Very classy

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2022, 06:58:00 AM »
Wolves are a pretty good side. They’re above us in the league for a reason. Thought Sanson did OK and should probably start the next match. Was excited to see what Bailey had to offer. Turns out, not much. That deal is looking like a big waste of money. Gerrard hinted in his post-match interview that there’s a big clear out coming in the summer. Was chatting to a Leeds supporter yesterday ( yes, I know). He reckons they’d sell Phillips if we’d put a decent bid in.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2022, 07:10:47 AM »
The first thing I noticed was how much quicker and sharper they were than us. I've seen us play worse but it was nowhere near what it should or needs to be.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2022, 08:19:50 AM »
I watched the game behind enemy lines, some observations are that they dont like us very much and seem very put out at our indifference. Civilisation still has many challenges around dentistry and personal hygiene before claiming Wolverhampton for its own.

The good: I didn’t get my head kicked in. I had a very nice meal afterwards.

The bad: Everything else. Shambolic in defence, too many touches in a ponderous midfield and a lack of quality up front, Bailey looked well off it and Ollie’s first touch was pitiful.

That said despite being second best for all but a few scarce patches, we still had enough chances to get an ill deserved point.

They just looked better organised and more fluid.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 09:14:03 AM by PeterWithe »

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2022, 08:26:00 AM »
Sounds like it’s been kicking off on a train back to New Street.

The train I was on took two hours to get from Wolverhampton to New St. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. We we’re stationary near Smethwick for most of that time. Rumours that someone had had a heart attack and died however all the driver was saying over the PA was that people kept pressing the emergency button so we couldn’t move. It was seriously packed and uncomfortable anyway as there were loads of Liverpool glory hunters onboard before hundreds of Villa fans got on at Wolverhampton. People then started jumping out and walking down the tracks to escape the heat onboard and take their chances on foot. Police were called and boarded the train. More delays, no one knew what was happening. Horrible end to a shit day.

The train I got on at 19.30 was actually the delayed 17.20, a few said it was the second time they’d left Wolvo, no-one said anything about trouble? I really felt for those sitting around a harmless and well meaning tatter who was perhaps the dullest man I’ve ever had to listen to.

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2022, 09:47:21 AM »
As much as I’d hate to see SJM move on , of late he’s certainly not the player I’ve come to love and adore.

I don’t think he needs to move on but we need to drop him. His place is far too automatic.

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2022, 09:48:07 AM »

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2022, 09:50:38 AM »
How did Sanson go today?
Peripheral.

Yes, neat, tidy, didn’t do anything wrong, didn’t do much to suggest he should have played in previous games. We looked more secure when Duggie came on.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2022, 09:55:17 AM »
How did Sanson go today?
Peripheral.

Yes, neat, tidy, didn’t do anything wrong, didn’t do much to suggest he should have played in previous games. We looked more secure when Duggie came on.

I said on here a couple of weeks ago that I thought Luiz needed a break but we missed him yesterday.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2022, 09:57:07 AM »
If ever a game demonstrated our need for a classy defensive MF, this was it. Outmuscled and outpaced.
Also, we were crying out for a centre forward who could hold the ball up and bring our midfielders into the attack. Watkins was pure gash and demonstrated his limitations yesterday.

Pretty disappointing all round.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal