collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 77989 times)

Offline cdward

Re: Robin Olsen - signed on loan
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2022, 02:00:55 PM »
Pretty shit by all accounts. And by all accounts, I mean twitter. I've never heard of him, hopefully never have to see him play either.

Welcome!

He's the guy who Roma brought in to replace Allison when Allison went to Liverpool.

So at one point he was very highly rated.
For £12Million, so he must be half decent

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2022, 02:58:02 PM »
Didn't we spend £7m on Kalinic ?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2022, 03:01:51 PM »
Didn't we spend £7m on Kalinic ?

we seemed to have owned him forever at this rate he will have a testimonial

Offline Damo70

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2022, 03:47:44 PM »
Pretty shit by all accounts. And by all accounts, I mean twitter. I've never heard of him, hopefully never have to see him play either.

Welcome!

He's the guy who Roma brought in to replace Allison when Allison went to Liverpool.

He only played 27 games for Roma. The only longish spells he has had at any clubs were 71 games for Copenhagen and 53 games for Malmo.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2022, 04:42:08 PM »
Pretty obvious SG doesn’t rate Steer and I can’t blame him. Good shot stopper but that’s it

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »
Pretty obvious SG doesn’t rate Steer and I can’t blame him. Good shot stopper but that’s it

What exactly is it that so many people dislike about Steer?  He might not be as good as Martinez, but there is nothing he has done in his time with us that makes me think he isn't a perfectly respectable second choice keeper, and from some of the Olsen clips he definitely seems much more steady. 

That's without the contribution he made to getting us promoted, which given he was 3rd or 4th choice for much of the time until Smith took over was pretty remarkable.  Frankly, he was the first goalkeeper we'd had in about 6 years who didn't give me the shits anytime the ball went near him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2022, 05:14:17 PM »

Welcome!

Aly Cissokho went for €15m once upon a time!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2022, 05:20:06 PM »

What exactly is it that so many people dislike about Steer?  He might not be as good as Martinez, but there is nothing he has done in his time with us that makes me think he isn't a perfectly respectable second choice keeper, and from some of the Olsen clips he definitely seems much more steady. 

That's without the contribution he made to getting us promoted, which given he was 3rd or 4th choice for much of the time until Smith took over was pretty remarkable.  Frankly, he was the first goalkeeper we'd had in about 6 years who didn't give me the shits anytime the ball went near him.

I think Martinez is an excellent keeper but I also appreciate the job Steer has done for us.

Online Astnor

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2022, 05:22:05 PM »

His "length of reach" isnt up to standard for the level we are heading for IMO

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
Irrespective of not being particularly rated by our new manager, which may or may not be the case, doesn't Steer want away anyway? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. He'll never displace Martinez, but we're offering him about one game a season, and I think he's good enough to stake a claim for the No.1 jersey somewhere.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:48 PM »
We owe Jed Steer a deep debt of gratitude, for his penalty saves and mind games against the Albion in the play-off semi second leg.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2022, 03:31:18 PM »
Good luck to Olsens today vs Manchester City could do with two like Mary Kate and Ashley

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2022, 03:41:35 PM »
Certainly should get a good look at how he is today with Man City attack, expect him to be busy. Robin Olsen will be keen to impress and at least he's experienced so have to look at the positives as tough ask to keep a clean sheet.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2022, 03:43:35 PM »
I can't recall every seeing him but 56 international caps for a team that usually has decent keepers is a decent indicator that he shouldn't be a huge liability.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2022, 06:19:14 PM »
Good luck to Olsens today vs Manchester City could do with two like Mary Kate and Ashley

Who’s the one that plays Wanda Vision? She’s stunning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal