collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 77995 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Robin Olsen - signed on loan
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2022, 08:46:05 PM »
Smoke bombs came raining down near us too. Those labs outside want sacking.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:58 PM »
He’s got to save the second one?

Cant say i was impressed with him overall.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:56 PM »
I didn't think he was all that much either. Neither is Sinisalo. We need a decent, proven back-up GK for next season.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2022, 10:32:24 PM »
Hope he is OK after his treatment from the classless Manchester City fans. No-one should have to go through that.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2022, 10:34:19 PM »
I was ridiculed on here for saying we need THREE top shotstoppers back in the summer .

Looks like Robin will be no.3 and we will bring in a new number 2 , although I don't think he done too bad after a very shaky first 20 minutes

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2022, 10:34:53 PM »
I thought he grew into the game after a shaky start. The second goal, I think he was slightly wrong footed but perhaps Emi might have got to it.  He did ok but after making an early mistake, I didn't have as mush faith in him as he possibly deserved.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2022, 10:35:39 PM »
I dont think that was the reason you’ve been ridiculed.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2022, 11:48:31 PM »
I was ridiculed on here for saying we need THREE top shotstoppers back in the summer .

Because it was absolute bollocks, and is now.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2022, 02:17:30 AM »
Video of the incident. I’m sure little if anything will happen. This is becoming a problem.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1528446097504485381?s=21&t=Wco1i3lcyhkClxGa57uj2g

Assaulting an opposition player as they celebrate something they bought. Shame their scumbag owners can't use their ill-gotten money to buy some class. Nothing club, nothing supporters.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2022, 06:23:09 AM »
Thought he was poor for an international quality goal keeper, his kicking was also awful - not good enough, hopefully we are looking for better in the summer

Needs to be something done with regards to the pitch invasions, maybe temporary fencing at all grounds for the final home matches of the season, this is a society issue not just football and this type of behaviour happens most weekends in pubs and clubs throughout the country.

My wife works for WMP and the amount of drugs that are seized every day is unbelievable, if the people who are taking these drugs realised what they were actually snorting then they would stop immediately (who wants to be snorting oven cleaner and other products that they mix with the cocaine?)

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2022, 07:16:44 AM »
Thought he was poor for an international quality goal keeper, his kicking was also awful - not good enough, hopefully we are looking for better in the summer

Needs to be something done with regards to the pitch invasions, maybe temporary fencing at all grounds for the final home matches of the season, this is a society issue not just football and this type of behaviour happens most weekends in pubs and clubs throughout the country.

My wife works for WMP and the amount of drugs that are seized every day is unbelievable, if the people who are taking these drugs realised what they were actually snorting then they would stop immediately (who wants to be snorting oven cleaner and other products that they mix with the cocaine?)

I have to say, it's the thought of some of the bodily orifices where it's been to transport the stuff that rather puts me off... amongst other things.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »

I think anyone using the phrase "top shotstopper" deserves ridicule.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2022, 12:52:01 PM »
I'm no goalkeeper exprert but I thought he was ok to be honest, particularly as he hasn't had any match practice.  He was decent under the high ball and commanded his box pretty well.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2022, 12:56:07 PM »
 Bastard cost me 200 quid yesterday. Still spitting feathers over it! >:(

Offline exigo

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2022, 01:16:12 PM »
Caught pretty much everything that was crossed in.
Would have added an assist if Ollie knew how to finish a one on one – and on a similar point, knowing that Man City's only real weak point is their central defence and keeper, I'm surprised we didn't go route one more often when they had more players committed forward.

First goal would have expected a bit more from him. Second goal he has to stop. Third goal he has a right to ask where his defenders were.

Was disappointed in the ref restarting the game when there was pyro everywhere on the pitch. If a keeper gets hit by pyro, he has every right to go to ground and demand to be treated – so maybe we could have been a bit cuter with our game management. It was getting thrown from every tier as well, so could have been far worse in terms of injury to players or fans – did see one dad who'd taken a picture of his two daughters covered in blue pyro on their arms  – when that burns at 2500c, that could be a life-changing injury.

Lastly, if you're a steward who's been told to rush onto the pitch to protect a player, surely just standing by and watching three fans attack your man is pretty bloody remiss?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal