collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24991 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2021, 02:44:37 PM »
And as if Vettel (or lord help us Schumacher) weren't much bigger knobs.

So you're saying that British people take more interest (whether positively or negatively)in British sportsmen than German ones. Well I'll be damned.

I'd have thought we'd take more interest in Germans being knobbers than laying in to one of ours so much.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2021, 03:04:17 PM »
Just watched the challenge on Konsa and can't see how thats not a penalty.  Ake males no contact whatsoever with the ball and yet wipes Konsa out.  Whether Konsa could have controlled the ball or not is - as we know from bitter experience - not a reason not to award a penalty.  Perhaps if our nemesis wasn't on VAR it might have been considered

Except when you learn Kevin Friend was the VAR.

Offline ez

« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
The last two games have seen us relentlessly fouled on the break. 

The refs need to stamp this out.  It’s so bloody obvious what’s happening.

In his post match interview Gerrard said that's what we should be doing for their second goal.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2021, 03:25:16 PM »

So you're saying that British people take more interest (whether positively or negatively)in British sportsmen than German ones. Well I'll be damned.

I'd have thought we'd take more interest in Germans being knobbers than laying in to one of ours so much.

I thought they were both a pair of pricks, as I said in my earlier comment I don't generally have a high regard for F1 racing drivers, but I was making a point about Hamilton in reply to him being specifically mentioned in the previous post

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2021, 03:33:04 PM »
Hamilton is a monumentally dislikable character.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2021, 03:57:52 PM »

I couldn’t tell you a single fact about Vettel.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2021, 04:09:19 PM »

Or we need to wise up and do the same - I assumed this was what SG was referring to when he said we could have stopped (the breakaway for the second goal) it much earlier. Liverpool were the masters of the early foul inside the opposition half.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »

I prefer Evian

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2021, 05:33:31 PM »
I gave Grealish a round of fucks and booed him via Facebook. Thanks for everything but Super Shinsplints Sub can fuck off and count his money.

"He could have been a contender..."

But he prefers to be a bit-part player in a boring, hollowed-out shell of a club which replaced Man City.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2021, 06:11:05 PM »

1) he's a right knob.

To be clear, I'm not saying that any individual disliking Hamilton or Sterling is necessarily to do with racism, of course not. In general terms however, you can't help but notice how black athletes (and artists and politicians and so on) seem to be playing with the deck stacked against them.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2021, 06:34:21 PM »
Sanctimonious people outraged that Grealish got booed only emphasise why with every passing comment. 'He earned the club 100m' did he? Wow how grateful we should be.

Also City fans are so touchy and so full of excuses about the source of their success it's hilarious. 'Living within our revenue' [cough] ETIHAD DEAL [cough], etc. As if the fact that the sole reason for them being where they are wasn't that the spoilt hyperrich scions of an absolute monarchy took a break from oppressing women and homosexuals and dissidents and the poor to fly to Manchester, where they bought the first club they found.

Booing Grealish is about booing that. It's about the way that, in today's world, the rich can eat anybody's dream they wish to.

Listen to this pair of berks

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1466319131255447555?t=R79-eh1Odqkj80jrH0dMjA&s=19

Offline supertom

« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2021, 06:40:46 PM »
Hamilton is a prize tosser. I've never understood the appeal. Although I suppose like many up themselves sports icons, it's all to do with how good they are that their grotesque egos are overlooked. Ronaldo, Messi...tossers. (And minus the ego, would they achieve half what they did? Probably not). 
Ibra on the other hand. Yes, an absolute bell end of the highest order but I kind of like him because he's taken his level of bellendishness to cartoon caricature levels. All that referring to himself in the third person etc. He makes being a dick an art form.

In terms of Raheem, I think he's mellowed/matured in the last few years. He certainly does get unnecessarily targeted by a section of England fans, despite the fact he's almost consistently our best player in big games. Whereas Kane as an example has been cut a lot more slack (I'm thinking the first three Euro games). Being a shithouse on the pitch and a bellend off it don't always come hand in hand.

I'll give Joe one thing, he's not wholly unlikeable. But I still wish him no success at City.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2021, 06:45:54 PM »
As you just mentioned Raheem Sterling
He is one of those players for me who looks a lot better when you watch him live and up close than what he comes over on TV

I’m in the Doug lower towards the Holte so got to see him quite a lot at close quarters and was impressed with him last night
I’ve changed my mind a bit on him to be honest

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »

In his post match interview Gerrard said that's what we should be doing for their second goal.

I may be just an old romantic but I hope we don't start doing that. Deliberate, tactical fouling is something I've always felt that Villa should be above.

Offline supertom

« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2021, 06:58:32 PM »
As you just mentioned Raheem Sterling
He is one of those players for me who looks a lot better when you watch him live and up close than what he comes over on TV

I’m in the Doug lower towards the Holte so got to see him quite a lot at close quarters and was impressed with him last night
I’ve changed my mind a bit on him to be honest
For all the shite he gets, and for all the Euro calls for him to be dropped for Jack/Phil, his numbers are incredible for his position. He was very good yesterday. Ironically he still gets criticised for his end product sometimes. This is what Joe is gonna have to contend with and get to the level of. Raheem has started 6 league games, despite being the City attacker who seems to come up with the goods more than many of the others historically.
 Bernardo Silva has probably been one of the best players in the division this season. It's hard not to begrudgingly admire, even if City are playing with a cheat code.

Considering all that, I think we gave a good account of ourselves. It's almost sickening they are ravaged by injuries and still put out a lineup like that. FFP????

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal