collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 02:32:08 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 25026 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »
Whole applauding thing depressed me frankly. People can do what they like at the end of the day, but if Salah fecked off to Man City would be he applauded by Liverpool fans on his return? Not a scoobie of a chance and there are as many Salah fanboys currently. as there were Grealish fanboys. I sometimes wonder about our fanbase. Anyway I hope the official site has got the bunting up for Albrighton's return. Someone who at least didn't shaft us

They have already had that situation with Sterling.

Indeed.

Incidentally, one of my City fan friends pointed out to me that, while she thought it was totally fine for Liverpool fans to boo Sterling (and understandably hilarious for her to hear it), it was a bit bizarre that fans of other clubs did likewise. Like, what's it got to do with them?

yeah that's true I suppose, although a lot of that is just finding a surrogate reason to dislike an opposition player when you play them.

Which can all be perfectly good fun, I'm sure the City fans enjoyed booing Young as an ex-Red last night. Of course, as LeeB points out, those surrogate reasons can turn darker.

I remember this was the excuse for years in Italy for racist chanting, that it's just finding a way to needle everyone, so you make fun of their name or their marital problems or whatever. Needless to say, what horrible load of evil old bollocks.

I find the dislike for Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua more to do with racism than them just being a pair of knobs In some peoples eyes

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
Aye. It is interesting how many knobs there are in sport, and yet the ones who happen to be black seem to be the most disliked. How strange.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
Anthony Joshua is over-hyped and really shouldn't step into the ring with fighters who can actually box.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »
Whole applauding thing depressed me frankly. People can do what they like at the end of the day, but if Salah fecked off to Man City would be he applauded by Liverpool fans on his return? Not a scoobie of a chance and there are as many Salah fanboys currently. as there were Grealish fanboys. I sometimes wonder about our fanbase. Anyway I hope the official site has got the bunting up for Albrighton's return. Someone who at least didn't shaft us

Indeed.

Incidentally, one of my City fan friends pointed out to me that, while she thought it was totally fine for Liverpool fans to boo Sterling (and understandably hilarious for her to hear it), it was a bit bizarre that fans of other clubs did likewise. Like, what's it got to do with them?

yeah that's true I suppose, although a lot of that is just finding a surrogate reason to dislike an opposition player when you play them.

Which can all be perfectly good fun, I'm sure the City fans enjoyed booing Young as an ex-Red last night. Of course, as LeeB points out, those surrogate reasons can turn darker.

I remember this was the excuse for years in Italy for racist chanting, that it's just finding a way to needle everyone, so you make fun of their name or their marital problems or whatever. Needless to say, what horrible load of evil old bollocks.

I find the dislike for Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Joshua more to do with racism than them just being a pair of knobs In some peoples eyes

Conversely can someone not be disliked because they are just dickheads?  Just because someone of colour is disliked its not always about their colour although it seems at times some people cannot accept anything else.

Lewis Hamilton - dickhead because of his dress sense (yes i am that shallow) his tax avoidance and he is not the most humble of people.

AJ - seemingly nice bloke but just a pretty (in my mind) average boxer that has been elevated way above his ability deserves. Hard to respect a HW boxer when he does so many tacky commercials and game shows.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
Did anyone else find the atmosphere strangely flat last night?

I was looking forward all day to an atmosphere like the Friday night Everton game - but it never really happened

For a few minutes after we scored it picked up but then it faded again

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2021, 01:49:03 PM »

Indeed.

yeah although I don't think enough thought goes into it to be called evil tbh. Remember a player back in the 80's who's wife had cancer (for some reason I keep thinking Julian Dicks?) got some pretty horrendous shit aimed at him.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2021, 01:49:09 PM »
I used to think Hamilton was a bit of a knob when he was younger, I have a pre-conception of racing drivers as spoilt bastards anyway, but his work raising awareness on discrimination and questioning of where they race and where the money comes from in his sport has completely flipped me.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2021, 01:51:34 PM »
And as if Vettel (or lord help us Schumacher) weren't much bigger knobs.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »
Nobody said we shouldn't boo Andy Gray, or David Platt, or Dwight Yorke. This idea you should be 'classy' or in other words, subservient, is another reason why the Premier League can get bollocksed.

Yes. Know your place and take it like a fan.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2021, 01:54:22 PM »
Did anyone else find the atmosphere strangely flat last night?

I was looking forward all day to an atmosphere like the Friday night Everton game - but it never really happened

For a few minutes after we scored it picked up but then it faded again

That's always going to be the case when you play a team as gifted as Stockport City, I felt a terrible air of doom at half time that we were going to be hammered, that vanished with a commendable and brave second half performance and the result was in the balance right until the death, backed up by the notable absence of empty seats for the last few minutes. Many people dash off to beat the traffic but didn't last night.

Everton was an exception really given the occassion.

Offline john e

« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »

Indeed.

Conversely can someone not be disliked because they are just dickheads?  Just because someone of colour is disliked its not always about their colour although it seems at times some people cannot accept anything else.

Lewis Hamilton - dickhead because of his dress sense (yes i am that shallow) his tax avoidance and he is not the most humble of people.

AJ - seemingly nice bloke but just a pretty (in my mind) average boxer that has been elevated way above his ability deserves. Hard to respect a HW boxer when he does so many tacky commercials and game shows.

Indeed.

Yes of course that is true
I just know when I’m in the pub I know exactly the people who will be haters on Hamilton and Joshua before they even open their mouths I just know and they have one thing in common

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
Just by looking at them.......Isnt that racial stereotyping  ;)

Offline john e

« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2021, 02:07:48 PM »
Just by looking at them.......Isnt that racial stereotyping  ;)

I know them as pub regulars

I know what I’m trying to say but probably not saying it very well
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:10:51 PM by john e »

Offline TonyD

« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2021, 02:39:02 PM »
The last two games have seen us relentlessly fouled on the break. 

The refs need to stamp this out.  It’s so bloody obvious what’s happening. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
And as if Vettel (or lord help us Schumacher) weren't much bigger knobs.

So you're saying that British people take more interest (whether positively or negatively)in British sportsmen than German ones. Well I'll be damned.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal