collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 25002 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
Talking about applauding the opposition

I didn’t applaud last night but will do when Smith returns and I don’t give a flying fuck what anybody thinks on here because he will be there to take three points away from Villa

I will stand and applaud him and give zero fucks to anyone on here who tells me what I can and what I cannot do When it comes to the opposition
You do realise that people on here can't actually make you think or do something, don't you? ;-)
HandV voodoo doesn’t work?
You will be telling me Father Christmas isn’t real next.

He's better be or my kids are going to be very disappointed in 3 weeks.

I’m definitely the right shape

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2021, 01:14:24 PM »
As for man city, over the last 10 years or so they’ve signed four of our captains… we could have drawn the line this year.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »
Whole applauding thing depressed me frankly. People can do what they like at the end of the day, but if Salah fecked off to Man City would be he applauded by Liverpool fans on his return? Not a scoobie of a chance and there are as many Salah fanboys currently. as there were Grealish fanboys. I sometimes wonder about our fanbase. Anyway I hope the official site has got the bunting up for Albrighton's return. Someone who at least didn't shaft us

They have already had that situation with Sterling.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2021, 01:17:54 PM »
I think a lot if it is people who applauded him maybe aren't aware of what went on with Grealish, while the slightly more "obsessives" on here were following over 10months or more., His agent's quotes around christmas time, the planted stories naming his agent and the 100m fee, the man city friend of the owners on reddit telling everyone it was done deal before they'd even bid,  all the will he/ won't he disruption shite at pre-season, the fact that he KNEW he was going at least in May and probably last summer but let us get all the disruption because the poor lamb didn't want to be bothered with aggro while he was with England. At least I'd hope that is the case because i'm fecked if I know why you'd applaud him for that otherwise...

He played us
Which is why I didn’t applaud him last night

But the people that did weren’t applauding the Man City shirt they were applauding a player Who Had bought them good memories
The same as when Smith returns we won’t be applauding a Norwich City jacket we will be applauding everything he did for us

Well Smith I have no problem with anyone who applauds him. He got sacked, didn't engineer a way out of the club and didn't make out he was Mr Aston Villa even though he could of. That totally cynical comment  from ratboy about how football works was when the mask slipped and exposed that his love for the club was just a marketing ploy to be used for career advancement. But going back to my original point a hell of a lot of Villa fans aren't aware of the online stuff or have no wish to look because they have a life  ;) It's like say when Platt left, I had no idea of what was going on because you'd probably see 1  newspaper article at the time, and I could easily have done the same with Grealish story if i'd wanted to instead of having the resources of countless media sites and ITK's
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:20:33 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline supertom

« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2021, 01:20:11 PM »
Grealish seems to be affected by the fact he's no longer adored. Moving to City has lost him England fans, City fans seem increasingly indifferent to him because he's not delivering 100 million performances. Time will tell, but with the potential he has, if he doesn't end up one of the best in the business, it'll be disappointing. In truth we only saw the very best of him for about 40 top flight games, spread across two seasons because of injuries. And it was only those season where his end product was there. He was just peaking.

People thought Grealish arriving at City meant Sterling would be forced out. Well he's got a long, long way to go to match what Sterling has done, and to match that end product for club and country. I'm not sure Grealish is comfortable when he's not orchestrating the side like he was here (which ultimately for us, was probably detrimental as Dean was so reliant). No sympathy, but it'll be bittersweet seeing him inevitably be remembered as a decent show pony rather than a worldy.

As far as booing or cheering. Indifference is my choice. He's no longer one of us. He'll make a bundle of cash at City. Be one of a number of interchangeable 100 million pound players that won't be missed when he's sold on because some one else will come in. But comparisons to Gascoigne (Even he never achieved as much as his talent suggested) won't prove accurate. But then again, if Gerrard was 25 playing in this era, even he'd be fucking off to another club. Long term loyalty is all but dead.   

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2021, 01:25:19 PM »
Whole applauding thing depressed me frankly. People can do what they like at the end of the day, but if Salah fecked off to Man City would be he applauded by Liverpool fans on his return? Not a scoobie of a chance and there are as many Salah fanboys currently. as there were Grealish fanboys. I sometimes wonder about our fanbase. Anyway I hope the official site has got the bunting up for Albrighton's return. Someone who at least didn't shaft us

Indeed.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2021, 01:27:53 PM »
Why applaud an opposition player anyway? I think I might have done that twice at Villa Park after watching a moment of brilliance. From memory, I think it was a sublime Arsenal goal and Gerrard(?) as he left the pitch after an outstanding performance. I can't even recall the moments correctly.

I applauded Fwank when he left the pitch after unfortunately getting his Goal Scoring record against us. But balanced it out with massive sarcastic boohoos and fuck you's to Terry when he was carried off the pitch.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »

Indeed.

Incidentally, one of my City fan friends pointed out to me that, while she thought it was totally fine for Liverpool fans to boo Sterling (and understandably hilarious for her to hear it), it was a bit bizarre that fans of other clubs did likewise. Like, what's it got to do with them?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2021, 01:29:47 PM »
I think we showed how man c can be got at in the second half. Need to be super disciplined and get at them right from the off, letting them play is begging for a tanking.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2021, 01:30:55 PM »

Indeed.

Incidentally, one of my City fan friends pointed out to me that, while she thought it was totally fine for Liverpool fans to boo Sterling (and understandably hilarious for her to hear it), it was a bit bizarre that fans of other clubs did likewise. Like, what's it got to do with them?

I think the media portrayal and racist element of it probably played a part in that.

Offline Monty

« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »

Indeed.

I think the media portrayal and racist element of it probably played a part in that.

That's true.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2021, 01:33:12 PM »

Indeed.

yeah that's true I suppose, although a lot of that is just finding a surrogate reason to dislike an opposition player when you play them.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2021, 01:35:10 PM »
Sanson, Chuck, Luiz, Nakamba, El Ghazi Ramsey whether all fully fit or not Gerard has given them all minutes in the first three games

He’s certainly having a good look at them and none have disappointed so far I don’t think
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:37:00 PM by john e »

Offline Monty

« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »

Indeed.

yeah that's true I suppose, although a lot of that is just finding a surrogate reason to dislike an opposition player when you play them.

Which can all be perfectly good fun, I'm sure the City fans enjoyed booing Young as an ex-Red last night. Of course, as LeeB points out, those surrogate reasons can turn darker.

I remember this was the excuse for years in Italy for racist chanting, that it's just finding a way to needle everyone, so you make fun of their name or their marital problems or whatever. Needless to say, what horrible load of evil old bollocks.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2021, 01:40:52 PM »
Would people be still as quick to applaud him if he left for United?

We can acknowledge him as a life long Villa fan (there have been many of those through the years - think of the classy Albrighton who will be in town on Sunday) but once game time is upon us he along with every other footballer not in our kit is the enemy.

As for the game.

We can analyse that we should of stopped the game for the 2nd to stop the breakaway, Mings could of been closer, Emi should of been on his line. Maybe we should just applaud what was a stunning goal that was hit so sweetly.
They are world class in everything , including shithousery - we can learn from this.

Fair play to our lot, i was fearful when Young came on but thought he again defied his age. I thought Cash did a great number on Sterling - for all his trickery he did nothing of note all game.
Some of the turnovers Nakamba did were stunning.
Watkins ran his balls off and deserved the goal.
What a story it would of been for Chucky - but it was a world class save.
How ref did not go back and book the player for the assault on Targett is beyond me.
That had to be the quickest look and decline of VAR since it was introduced.

When you think of the talent they had missing and they still play like that - it is frightening but i still think they will not win the title.

SG - i really like how intelligent he talks about the game and he has that steel eyed look about him that i really think he will be proven to be a huge success for us

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal