collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24881 times)

Offline rougegorge

Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2021, 11:29:06 PM »
The annoying thing was Mike Dean tolerating the tactical tag team fouling from Rodri, Cancelo and Fernandinho. It was deliberately done in our half to stop us getting out. Fernandinho also lunged a couple of times but missed.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 11:30:02 PM »
Without resulting to clichés it was a game of two halves. We were the timid Villa against the high flyers of the last couple of seasons in the first half, second half I thought there were glimpses of how things will be under Gerrard and a real improvement was seen.

I thought Gerrard’s comment about the second goal was interesting, he said we should have broken play up in their half to prevent the counter a attack. We will learn.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2021, 11:30:13 PM »
Plenty of reasons for encouragement in that second half performance, need to play with that level of belief for the full 90. Some decent performances and Gerrard’s substitutes were bold, I liked it.

Bailey’s fitness issues a bit of a concern though, he just can’t seem to get going.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 12:04:43 AM by Matt C »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2021, 11:31:38 PM »
Putting the ball out of play whilst their player was feigning injury might have helped.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2021, 11:38:39 PM »
Sloppy at times, first half. Playing out from the back ridiculous.

2nd Half much,much better and encouraging subs

Feels like we have wasted all the Grealish money

Bailey always going to be injured,Ings is Injury prone and Buendia is a Championship player. Our old regulars and Academy players are keeping us going .terrible recruitment

Freezing cold

Offline colin69

Re: Aston Villa 1 v No Hands Citeh 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2021, 11:39:39 PM »
Just watched Oliie's goal again. Brilliant set-piece. Fuck Citeh!
I noticed they ran straight over to Nanny McPhee high fiving him after that.
Excellent second half.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2021, 11:41:19 PM »
Sloppy at times, first half. Playing out from the back ridiculous.

2nd Half much,much better and encouraging subs

Feels like we have wasted all the Grealish money

Bailey always going to be injured,Ings is Injury prone and Buendia is a Championship player. Our old regulars and Academy players are keeping us going .terrible recruitment

Freezing cold

Yawn.

You must be keeping right on with the result with your tiny heathen mates.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2021, 11:43:20 PM »
How many times can you make the same mistake?  There is a time to play the ball from the back, and there are times when you shouldn't.  I'm leaving it there because I need to sleep and don't want to work myself up again.  Some very good performances.  Bailey needs proper treatment and rest, his injuries appear to be recurring and he'd benefit from a well managed break.  Nakamba and Young again played well.  Luiz was more involved. Good finish from Watkins.  A couple of moments from Buendia to give me some hope.  We've had much poorer performances against Citeh than that, and would have buckled in past matches.  Onwards and, fingers crossed, upwards.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2021, 11:44:02 PM »
Enough of that, please.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2021, 11:44:39 PM »
I've been critical of Bunedia but that slide pass to set up Chucky was sublime.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2021, 11:49:17 PM »
Enough of that, please.

Hopefully not aimed at me?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2021, 11:49:35 PM »
I was encouraged by that second half and a draw wouldn't have been totally undeserved. We had them rattled at times and pressed much better. That first half was so frustrating given how we improved after the break. They didn't create much in the second half when Luiz was outstanding.

I thought we were better without Bailey although sorry for him he got injured and I think Ashley Young did well again.

Contrary to some views..I think more people were applauding Grealish or not booing than those who were booing; certainly around where I was.

The term 'classy' is overused nowadays, but people booing one of our best ever players didn't really show much class.

Timid first half, but thought we more than matched them in the second.  Thought we began to get a bit of parity in midfield during the second period and Sanson fitted in pretty well in the system when he came on. It was a big ask for Chuk tonight and he had a golden opportunity, which he didn't take.

Importantly though, I think we ended the second half with some momentum to take forward, as it was looking a bit ominous at half time and a real pasting might have undone a lot of the positivity from the last two weeks.

As for Jack Grealish, think there was more applause than booing by the end where I was sat.  As the bloke next to me said, we probably wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't him for him.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2021, 11:50:44 PM »
Why should we be happy clapping a player who wears another club shirt, the days of Aston Villa doffing the cap to our masters are over, they pay there money so are entitled too,fed up of being nice Aston Villa stuff them if they don't like it,on the first half performance like many disappointed, but second half vast in improvement, lessons learned by Gerrard, Tagget tried to head the ball for the first goal, look like he didn't duck out of the way but missed the bloody thing

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2021, 11:52:31 PM »
I’d start Sanson on Sunday. He’s a senior player who needs to be front of the pecking order. Every touch he had tonight was quality. 👌🏼
Sacrifice a winger to go with a midfield of Marv, Doug, Sanson and McGinn, with Buendia floating around Ollie.
Also thought Buendia grew into the game tonight, hopefully starting to hit some kind of form.
Bailey on the other hand?! Barring his cameo against a shite Everton side, has he done anything of any significance in a villa shirt yet?
And as for City… fuck watching that week in week out. They literally ‘bore’d the ball into the goal. No bums off seats moments, just tippy tappy sideways bullshit until the opposition lose interest and fall asleep.
Oh. And ‘VTID’! 👍🏼

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2021, 11:56:40 PM »
Enjoyable loss if there is such a thing. They’re very good with the ball but didn’t create that many chances. We got into them second half and deserved something out of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal