collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Watkins, Ings, both or neither?  (Read 44586 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Watkins, Ings or both?
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2021, 08:57:33 AM »
Watkins has regained his form the past two matches and is causing the opposition all kinds of trouble, the way Gerrard
has structured the side I struggle to see Danny beig a replacement should Watking get injured, two totally different playing styles.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
His work on Sunday with his back to goal was superb, always showing for the pass and either holding the defender off or winning a free kick. He's definitely happier in this role, playing in a two crowds him out and makes him have to think twice about his runs.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2021, 10:06:53 AM »
His work on Sunday with his back to goal was superb, always showing for the pass and either holding the defender off or winning a free kick. He's definitely happier in this role, playing in a two crowds him out and makes him have to think twice about his runs.

Agreed, I think wha we've seen in the last couple of months has made it very clear that he's not a wide player.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »
I wish he'd learn to dink it over the keeper though, rather than hitting it straight at him as he seems a bit too keen on doing.

Online LeeB

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2021, 12:01:02 PM »

Agreed, I think wha we've seen in the last couple of months has made it very clear that he's not a wide player.

And what I've seen since he's joined us is that he is absolutely no.1 choice, one of the core 'plays every game if fit' players. He's perfect for the way we're trying play, Gerrard must think it's Christmas having him to work with.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2021, 12:46:56 PM »

And what I've seen since he's joined us is that he is absolutely no.1 choice, one of the core 'plays every game if fit' players. He's perfect for the way we're trying play, Gerrard must think it's Christmas having him to work with.

absolutely, that's why I always wanted the 'competition' for him to come in the form of someone who could play right across the front 3 rather than another out and out striker because I don't know how we keep Ings happy on the bench whereas someone who was starting plenty of games in the 2 other attacking roles but going up front at times would be easier to keep sweet.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2021, 01:08:43 PM »
Until the last few games, it since he’s been in that central role is forgotten how brilliant he is with his back to goal. He’s not massive but he is superb at getting his body in the way and holding players off. He’s one of the best we’ve had in absolute donkeys years at this.

His body language is so much better as well now he’s more central.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2021, 01:24:46 PM »
Conversely - i would of backed Ings to have finished both chances that Watkins missed. For all his many attributes i dont think Ollie is a natural finisher

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2021, 01:32:30 PM »
Conversely - i would of backed Ings to have finished both chances that Watkins missed. For all his many attributes i dont think Ollie is a natural finisher

I probably would have said something similar, but from what I've seen of him in Villa shirt Ings has missed similar chances.

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2021, 06:18:02 PM »
My Daughters fiancé knows the family. There is talk that he may not play again. That's all I know.

Online LeeB

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2021, 06:42:37 PM »
Ings? For us for anyone?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2021, 05:39:32 AM »
If true, it would be pure Villa.

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »
Ings? For us for anyone?

For anyone. He also said the injury isn't what is being reported, Muscle, Thigh or Hamstring but rather his knee. This seems to annoy the Ings family for some reason.

He'll probably play at the weekend now!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »
Luckily we are protected by insurance and our medics would have done anything necessary when he joined....right ?

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2021, 04:44:07 PM »
Luckily we are protected by insurance and our medics would have done anything necessary when he joined....right ?
Well we've always done our due diligence in the past, so i don't see wh..... oh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal