collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 119152 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2022, 09:39:55 PM »
Nobody was at fault. It was just jammy as fuck.

Quite.

There was no major fault, a shot from 25 yards that's heading 2-3 yards wide but deflects into the over side of the net is just bad luck.

Maybe we could do things differently but from what I've seen the xG for the Shaw shot was 0.01 and the deflection was so low it rounded down to 0.00, it's a one in hundreds chance that just went the way of the spawniest bunch of wankers in the league.
Yes there was
In the moments leading up to the goal, Cash missed a
crucial header, so in my opinion, that qualifies as a defensive blunder. I would also add that Ramsey's clearance wasn't particularly strong. Yes, the goal from the shot was fortunate, but we should focus on and consider what happened before the goal. People need to give bit more analysis and thought to the way the ball ultimately arrived go Shaw and that we conceded

Look, Cash failed to deal with the ball when it was crossed, as a result, it was his error of judgement that caused the ball to remain in possession of Man Utd in the danger zone. The ensuing play could have been avoided with a clearance.

There was a lack of composure and a sort of see it through to halftime attitude that allowed Manchester United to take control for the final 5 minutes of the half, where Villa had previously dominated.

Anyway, I hope it's clear what I'm emphasising is Cash failure and resulted in a goal as a result of Cash's inability to effectively clear the ball. That's how I see it, and it's here to debate Cash role. What's not the discussion is on Shaw's shot being deflected in as that is what is fortunate and that's in agreement by all.

As ever you're over-analysing something so you can use it to back up an opinion you've already decided on. You've decided Cash will struggle under Emery and when people disagree you create some fantasy scenario to prove yourself right. I guarantee there isn't a single person at the club who's called him aside to discuss his 'major error'.

Listen, we cleared that cross and it fell to their left back who took a pretty poor effort at goal and a massive deflection completely changed it. The exact same play could happen a hundred times and we'd go in at half time 2-0 up in almost all of them. Even in the scenario where Shaw meets it on the volley so perfectly that it's in the net before Martinez moves it still wouldn't be because Cash made a mistake.

All you're emphasising is that Cash (and McGinn) are the players you've decided to shit post about for a while before you flounce off for another break because we don't all bow down to your genius insights.
You'll find, though, that I'm willing to point out players' amazing qualities but also their flaws, whereas you've chosen to only suggest that I disparage players when that is completely inaccurate.
It's also unkind how critical the nature of what comments get made by my being and any leaving the forum is because of the unwelcome behaviour or being overwhelmed but I guess I'm over analysing things and  I have to says I'm yet again having to defend (better than Cash by the way) myself in those attempting to tarnish and override my comments, which are just as valid as anyone else's.
We are not required to agree. And thats ok.

Up the Villa!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2022, 09:40:06 PM »
Please consider the possibility that if everybody else disagrees, it might be you, rather than everybody else, that is wrong.

Also, the way you present your views comes across as you thinking everybody else is too stupid to see what you claim to have spotted, and gets people's backs up.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2022, 09:47:21 PM »
You'll find, though, that I'm willing to point out players' amazing qualities but also their flaws, whereas you've chosen to only suggest that I disparage players when that is completely inaccurate.
It's also unkind how critical the nature of what comments get made by my being and any leaving the forum is because of the unwelcome behaviour or being overwhelmed but I guess I'm over analysing things and  I have to says I'm yet again having to defend (better than Cash by the way) myself in those attempting to tarnish and override my comments, which are just as valid as anyone else's.
We are not required to agree. And thats ok.

Up the Villa!

Nope, not remotely what I'm suggesting, as Risso said, you create an agenda and then spend many posts across multiple threads posting any old shit you can imagine to prove yourself right.

People have ago because it's so fucking transparent, you normally setup a string of complaints with something fairly innocuous before doubling and tripling down on it over the next few days.

Sometimes you post things that are good but it's the depserate attempts to prove you know more about the game than anyone else that annoys people.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2022, 09:47:43 PM »
Their goal was just unfortunate and very lucky. Blaming Cash is laughable, it's just absolute nonsense.
Actually it's just in my opinion, and was hoping more would be likely and willing to even consider an observation and careful analysis of the goal conceded. If not fair enough simply state that you disagree with it in you comment. I only ever want to encourage discussion but understand disagreement.

Emery will, in my opinion, be like Dean Smith's momentum and gain a lengthy winning streak that will propel us up the league. I wouldn't be shocked if we even won a cup this year!
I also wouldn't be shocked if Cash or McGinn didn't eventually become less important figures in the team.

I think it's quite obvious that I disagree with it Footy.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2022, 10:10:38 PM »
Please consider the possibility that if everybody else disagrees, it might be you, rather than everybody else, that is wrong.

Also, the way you present your views comes across as you thinking everybody else is too stupid to see what you claim to have spotted, and gets people's backs up.

Can we pin this to the threads please?

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2022, 10:16:24 PM »

All thirty of them?

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2022, 10:53:42 PM »
 Which PL teams would Cash be first choice for ?Some play wing backs.I would suggest all except for Man City,Chelsea,Newcastle,perhaps Arsenal (White),Liverpool (Trent's a Klopp favourite),Dalot (Utd)  and Semedo at Wolves gets praise.
Add another team for bias.But somehow he's a problem area for us.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2022, 11:30:25 PM »

All thirty of them?

Let us not try to prevent people from speaking for themselves; rather, it is about being open to considering something you haven't considered before. It is neither about being everyone wrong or everyone is right, in my opinion.

I bring critical thought and diversity of thought, and whenever I do, attempts are made to shut me down by dismissing it in various ways!

Oh so apparently as I'm thinking everyone is too stupid to see what I've claimed I've spotted.

Well I've spotted something else to bring to the attention
Its called group think .
In this case I am right and the only wrong by others is their behaviour in jumping on to make fun and lack of awareness in considering things.

We can all move on now and perhaps look to advance our discussions on footballing matters with allowances and not group think mentality. Pin that!

Up The Villa.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2022, 11:36:37 PM »

There is no need for this as Ads no longer posts on here.😘

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2022, 11:36:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure he will take this on board.

In this case I am right and the only wrong by others is their behaviour in jumping on to make fun and lack of awareness in considering things

Oh, maybe not.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2022, 11:53:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure he will take this on board.

In this case I am right and the only wrong by others is their behaviour in jumping on to make fun and lack of awareness in considering things

Oh, maybe not.
Context! When quoting!
I am right... that it's groupthink behaviour
I'm not here to discuss no more.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:04:52 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2022, 12:05:26 AM »
Loved that clench fist he did towards the Holte towards the end when he won a goal kick.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2022, 12:25:33 AM »
It's got nothjng to do with group think in the slightest. Plenty of people have disagreements on here. The difference is that most don't claim to have done extra analysis or be on a higher level of critical thinking.

If you want discussion you present ideas and ask for opinions, you don't present things as some deeper interpretation that the masses can't understand and sulk when people get annoyed at you.

For example "Could Cash have kept a couple of yards wider and cleared the cross for their goal?" is a talking point and opens a conversation.

"Cash made a major error for their goal" is clearly wrong on a number of levels and gers the responses you've seen.

On the conversation version I'd have expected someone who studies the game so deeply to have noticed that both full backs were intentionally narrow to encourage them to play long deep crosses which we were confident in handling. It was also part of a plan to draw their players wider meaning we could pick passes straight through them in transition. Our first goal and a number of other decent chances cane directly as a result of it

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2022, 06:05:49 AM »
We definitely caned them.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2022, 09:10:03 AM »
Steady on folks there's some strong posts here.

It's true that Cash wasn't at fault for the goal, he couldn't quite reach the cross as he was back peddaling.  If there's any fault it's probbaly that Ramsey's clearance wasn't strong enough, but as Paul said it was more fluke than anything.

With that said, whilst Cash did play well I also have concens about him at times.  He's energetic and probably at his best when driving forward from a loose ball, but his end product whether cross or shot is more often than not pretty woeful.  I'm interested to see if Emery can improve him, but otherwise I agree with footy - right back may be an area we need to strengthen soon enough (unless KKH makes the step up)   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal