collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 119150 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2022, 09:12:31 AM »
Nah, he's the best right back we've had in decades. Not worried about him at all. And KKH can't get in the Huddersfield team at the moment.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2022, 09:14:58 AM »
I'd like more end product CD.  Probbaly Gerrard expected too much of him in that all our width was to come from fullbacks, but even so more often than not Cash wastes the ball if he gets anywhere in or around our box.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2022, 09:21:23 AM »

With that said, whilst Cash did play well I also have concens about him at times.  He's energetic and probably at his best when driving forward from a loose ball, but his end product whether cross or shot is more often than not pretty woeful.  I'm interested to see if Emery can improve him, but otherwise I agree with footy - right back may be an area we need to strengthen soon enough (unless KKH makes the step up)   

Nobody in the team has played consistently well for over a year though, so you could reasonably make a case for replacing any of them with the probable exceptions of Martinez and Luiz. In my opinion, Cash has been one of the 'least worst' though. He's quick and tenacious and has a decent amount of skill, plenty for Emery to work with.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
It's called having an agenda. A boring, monotonous agenda.

It's like a continuous stream of Talksport drive time hot takes.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »

With that said, whilst Cash did play well I also have concens about him at times.  He's energetic and probably at his best when driving forward from a loose ball, but his end product whether cross or shot is more often than not pretty woeful.  I'm interested to see if Emery can improve him, but otherwise I agree with footy - right back may be an area we need to strengthen soon enough (unless KKH makes the step up)   

Nobody in the team has played consistently well for over a year though, so you could reasonably make a case for replacing any of them with the probable exceptions of Martinez and Luiz. In my opinion, Cash has been one of the 'least worst' though. He's quick and tenacious and has a decent amount of skill, plenty for Emery to work with.

Well lets make note he made a foul throw!
Nobody in the team makes foul throws the way he does. He use to make hand balls but I've seen his throwing has been an issue and he does them a fair share of illegal moves due to not thinking.

He was penalised for a foul throw against Manchester United, which should not have happened at this level. His overall play needs to be far more intelligent. Some of that is due to lavjbof composure and decsuons making as much as to ability. He would need to channel his exuberance like McGinn, which is why I feel there isn't the necessary thoughtfulness in their play for all their desire and they are both inclined to make unnecessary or wild challenges. There are positives to his right back play but for sure Cash can work on his decision making.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2022, 10:29:21 AM »

Nobody in the team makes foul throws the way he does. He use to make hand balls but I've seen his throwing has been an issue and he does them a fair share of illegal moves due to not thinking.

He was penalised for a foul throw against Manchester United, which should not have happened at this level. His overall play needs to be far more intelligent. Some of that is due to lavjbof composure and decsuons making as much as to ability. He would need to channel his exuberance like McGinn, which is why I feel there isn't the necessary thoughtfulness in their play for all their desire and they are both inclined to make unnecessary or wild challenges. There are positives to his right back play but for sure Cash can work on his decision making.

Human factors.  I'm guessing not your strong suit Footy.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2022, 11:07:37 AM »
Now he makes lots of foul throws. Footy, please give it a rest.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2022, 11:11:14 AM »
I do like Matty. Liked him at Forest and was chuffed when we signed him.

Will get better under Emery I think, and become a more refined, classy player.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »

I saw at least 2 foul throws from Utd players after Cash was pulled up for his. You see them every game from a lot of players but it’s never penalised. The crowd called them out at the time but it wasn’t a surprise they weren’t pulled up for them. I thought Cash had an excellent game on Sunday which coincides with us having a technically aware coach that actually provides him with help. Under Gerrard he was often up against 2 opponents as we were slow to shuffle over and help him out. I’d say right back was the least of our issues at the moment.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »
I can't remember Cash ever being called up for a foul throw before and on Sunday he was clearly trying to take a quick one to put Bailey through. I firmly believe it only got pulled back because we'd have been in with a great chance at adding to our lead if i had played on.

Singling it out as a problem area for him does nothing to disabuse the belief that this is an agenda rather than an attempt to start a conversation or give a balanced review of him as a player.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2022, 11:48:50 AM »
Nobody ever gets foul throws given anymore. This kind of shit only happens in games against them and their ilk.

Thought Taylor took it too far though when he decided to play holding midfield for them to block Doug's pass. We were bloody through on that side as well.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2022, 11:54:18 AM »
Try coming away from your perfect world setting occasionally Footy.

Matty Cash  is no more a serial offender than any other and as professionals every player pushes the boundaries these days.  As another poster observed there are several foul throws per game.  Very few get punished. As the referee pulled up MC I observed the next few and the very next one a MU player threw it in with one leg raised.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2022, 11:58:37 AM »
I saw at least 2 foul throws from Utd players after Cash was pulled up for his. You see them every game from a lot of players but it’s never penalised. The crowd called them out at the time but it wasn’t a surprise they weren’t pulled up for them.

Indeed I heard many comments to this effect in the Lower Holte (I didn't spot the foul throws I must admit).

Offline bob

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »

Offline bob

« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »
It's got nothjng to do with group think in the slightest. Plenty of people have disagreements on here. The difference is that most don't claim to have done extra analysis or be on a higher level of critical thinking.

If you want discussion you present ideas and ask for opinions, you don't present things as some deeper interpretation that the masses can't understand and sulk when people get annoyed at you.

For example "Could Cash have kept a couple of yards wider and cleared the cross for their goal?" is a talking point and opens a conversation.

"Cash made a major error for their goal" is clearly wrong on a number of levels and gers the responses you've seen.

On the conversation version I'd have expected someone who studies the game so deeply to have noticed that both full backs were intentionally narrow to encourage them to play long deep crosses which we were confident in handling. It was also part of a plan to draw their players wider meaning we could pick passes straight through them in transition. Our first goal and a number of other decent chances cane directly as a result of it

You are a very weird dude.

Strong lives-in-mum's-basement vibes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal