collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 118901 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2022, 12:38:32 PM »
Nobody ever gets foul throws given anymore. This kind of shit only happens in games against them and their ilk.

Thought Taylor took it too far though when he decided to play holding midfield for them to block Doug's pass. We were bloody through on that side as well.
Yes good observation! Poor by Taylor!
For me when a ref does that he should either be automatically subbed there and then or sit out the next round of matches.
It was inexcusable and causes a lot of unnecessary annoyance

Officials who decide to block passing lanes are a hindrance to football society.  Gets everyones dander up!
How much thinking do refs do on positioning.

I also feel they stop quick free kicks because if the pace for them is too much. It's  a real act of self indulgence on officials.

Offline bob

« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2022, 12:42:24 PM »
My dander was also at its highest at that point.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2022, 12:51:22 PM »
What is it about refs and Manchester United games that makes us so angry? It's like they deliberately decide to be extra incompetent and bias.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2022, 12:55:09 PM »
Footy mate, you're getting in way over your head, quit now before you really do make a fool of yourself.

No official deliberately gets in the way of a pass to prevent one team attacking/defending, unless he's been bribed (can happen) but really?  To suggest so is a slur on referee's morals, as bad as they can be.  When a pass is made with power and pace the chances are of a referee getting out of the way is like trying to outrun a cheetah.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2022, 12:56:22 PM »
It's got nothjng to do with group think in the slightest. Plenty of people have disagreements on here. The difference is that most don't claim to have done extra analysis or be on a higher level of critical thinking.

If you want discussion you present ideas and ask for opinions, you don't present things as some deeper interpretation that the masses can't understand and sulk when people get annoyed at you.

For example "Could Cash have kept a couple of yards wider and cleared the cross for their goal?" is a talking point and opens a conversation.

"Cash made a major error for their goal" is clearly wrong on a number of levels and gers the responses you've seen.

On the conversation version I'd have expected someone who studies the game so deeply to have noticed that both full backs were intentionally narrow to encourage them to play long deep crosses which we were confident in handling. It was also part of a plan to draw their players wider meaning we could pick passes straight through them in transition. Our first goal and a number of other decent chances cane directly as a result of it

You are a very weird dude.

Strong lives-in-mum's-basement vibes.

Thank you Bob for that valuable and relevant post. Instead of trying to explain to a poster why he sets himself up to feel attacked lets just insult people and talk about Matty Cash being a serial foul-thrower on the back of 1 all season.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2022, 01:08:31 PM »
We beat Man Ure at home in the league for the first time since 1995!

What the hell am I reading in here? Rejoice in the win FFS

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2022, 01:09:24 PM »
I saw at least 2 foul throws from Utd players after Cash was pulled up for his. You see them every game from a lot of players but it’s never penalised. The crowd called them out at the time but it wasn’t a surprise they weren’t pulled up for them.

Indeed I heard many comments to this effect in the Lower Holte (I didn't spot the foul throws I must admit).

The one was for exactly what he pulled Cash up for with both feet not being on the ground and the other, which happens every game, was more like a throw down and a throw in ( that’s the best description I can offer, sorry). Now let’s see how hot the officials are on it in the games to come.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2022, 01:23:42 PM »

Wow...what bollocks!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2022, 01:29:08 PM »

Wow...what bollocks!

Agreed. What the absolute fuck.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:32:55 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2022, 01:36:38 PM »
Disgraceful. He lives in the attic.

That was a joke, just kidding!

Online paul_e

« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »

No, you're right, the damp in the basement was causing hell with my joints.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2022, 01:52:05 PM »

Yep, it's definitely tougher to smoke in a damp environment.

Online paul_e

« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2022, 02:06:11 PM »

Yep, it's definitely tougher to smoke in a damp environment.

Tell me about it, had to start making cakes instead!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2022, 03:05:45 PM »
analysis or be on a higher level of critical thinking.
It's got nothjng to do with group think in the slightest. Plenty of people have disagreements on here. The difference is that most don't claim to have done extra

If you want discussion you present ideas and ask for opinions, you don't present things as some deeper interpretation that the masses can't understand and sulk when people get annoyed at you.

For example "Could Cash have kept a couple of yards wider and cleared the cross for their goal?" is a talking point and opens a conversation.

"Cash made a major error for their goal" is clearly wrong on a number of levels and gers the responses you've seen.

On the conversation version I'd have expected someone who studies the game so deeply to have noticed that both full backs were intentionally narrow to encourage them to play long deep crosses which we were confident in handling. It was also part of a plan to draw their players wider meaning we could pick passes straight through them in transition. Our first goal and a number of other decent chances cane directly as a result of it

bit of a low blow there Bob
yes he is a bit wierd but none more so than a lot of us saddoes on here me included

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2022, 03:35:04 PM »
Is this "the" Bob? If so, get Damon to come back too. You guys used to go drinking, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal