collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 22277 times)

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2021, 06:32:21 PM »
For those criticising Buendia’s substitution he was asking to be subbed for a good couple of minutes beforehand. Strange as he appeared still full of running but must have known he was knackered I guess.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:34:09 PM by Lsvilla »

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
That one really hurt. Not sure why this keeps happening,  why the management don't learn from it. Just when you think we are getting momentum we keep fcuking it up for ourselves.  Players and manager need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Why what keeps happening? Mid table teams are going to win some weeks and lose some weeks. Especially when they have injuries to a couple of their better players

What keeps happening is a failure to get any sort of result from games we should be winning.  Correct, this is what mid table teams do, and fair enough if that's considered to be good enough, but I don't think it's good enough for most Villa fans.  As for the couple of better players out injured, I assume you mean Bailey and Sanson, who have barely played much more than a few hours for us, combined - so that's no excuse.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
Still can't believe how we lost. We weren't great but to get 2-0 up at 80 mins and throw it away against a very poor Wolves is a disaster. We were never comfortable on the ball and made basic error after basic error. So disappointing that we couldn't manage the game out. Subs made us worse. Particularly disappointed with the back 5 today. Ming's and Axel very poor.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »
That one really hurt. Not sure why this keeps happening,  why the management don't learn from it. Just when you think we are getting momentum we keep fcuking it up for ourselves.  Players and manager need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Why what keeps happening? Mid table teams are going to win some weeks and lose some weeks. Especially when they have injuries to a couple of their better players

What keeps happening is a failure to get any sort of result from games we should be winning.  Correct, this is what mid table teams do, and fair enough if that's considered to be good enough, but I don't think it's good enough for most Villa fans.  As for the couple of better players out injured, I assume you mean Bailey and Sanson, who have barely played much more than a few hours for us, combined - so that's no excuse.

This is the second this season, after Watford? I don’t think your comment that is no excuse to have Bailey unavailable “because he’s been injured before” merits a response to be honest.

We’re all gutted to throw that away today but let’s not spout nonsense.

Offline wince

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2021, 06:38:57 PM »
No semi decent manager loses a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. Shameful result.

Paul Lambert would be ashamed.

Arsene Wenger at Villa for one. Get that your pissed off, but its just at stupid comment. And really  calling for the managers head two weeks after beating man u away, jesus fucking christ, grow up.

Beating manure is hardly worthy of club records when you fuck up the next two matches though.

Boils down to if we are bottom half of table again end of season and is that enough?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »
No semi decent manager loses a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. Shameful result.

Arsene Wenger at Villa for one. Get that your pissed off, but its just at stupid comment. And really  calling for the managers head two weeks after beating man u away, jesus fucking christ, grow up.

Beating manure is hardly worthy of club records when you fuck up the next two matches though.

Boils down to if we are bottom half of table again end of season and is that enough?

I think that if Deano doesn't do better than 11th the owners will pot him.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2021, 06:44:09 PM »
I wish I had a quid for every time villa have given away a two-goal lead or an injury time winner. The substitutions threw us completely and our composure collapsed. Big test of our power of recovery from this.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »
Two up with ten minutes to go and we collapsed, I blame the players for that. I wasn't surprised Dean took off two players that had just travelled back from the other side of the planet as Wolves didn't look threatening at all.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2021, 06:52:17 PM »
We are finding it hard to keep the ball and play with much composure at the moment. Teams press us and the defenders invariably kick the ball long - much more so than last season.

We are just less than the sum of our parts and prone to lengthy periods of pretty aimless dull football. Sign of an inconsistent side I guess, but Smith needs to find us an identity.

Ings is a top striker but he’s shoehorning the two up top because of him and that’s one of the issues.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2021, 06:55:12 PM »
Tuanzebe was abysmal, can we please ditch 3 at the back.

Also there is nothing more infuriating or baffling than Traore somehow getting the better of up to 5 of our players anytime he got the ball, it was our inability to handle him that led to the free kick winner.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2021, 06:55:12 PM »

Ridiculous comment.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »
It’s a bit annoying to read that a couple of our “best” players are out injured. How can we say that about Bailey and Sanson as they’ve barely played for us as yet. Maybe better to wait until they’ve played a dozen matches for us but, that could take up to about 2025!!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2021, 06:56:31 PM »
Gauling seeing Chilwell scored 3 games in a row and attacking and we have Targett who offering  no attacking threat

If this 3-5-2 was the pre season plan the a real left wing back was needed as Targett has shown he can't play that role I'm the attacking capacity side of things especially

Sooner Ashley Young and the transfer window for a proper wing back the better

Providing that's what we persist with

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2021, 06:59:29 PM »

Correct, this is what mid table teams do, and fair enough if that's considered to be good enough, but I don't think it's good enough for most Villa fans. 

I think most Villa fans are going to have to get used to it because it’s as good as it’s going to get. It’s better than May 2016 and way better than June 2018, so that’s something at least. We didn’t need today’s debacle to tell us this, the activity in the transfer window post Grealish gave us a big clue there. Now Newcastle have been bought you’ll get a reminder of the kind of rapid progression that we’ve seen from others that we can only dream of.
Today’s result is possibly the most annoyed I’ve ever been at a Villa result, not least because these are the sort of games we need to cling onto to win to at least make it a good season for us, the Man Utd result put a lot of credit in the bank but it’s being used up very quickly. As for Smith, he’s fine to keep us ticking over as a club existing in the PL so I suppose it’ll do.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »

Yes that useless twat Ron Saunders did it - waste of space......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal