collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 22284 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2021, 06:05:32 PM »
Martinez 6 5
great save by amazing run by Trarore

Targett 5 .5
own goal and can't cross the ball. Made some good tackles but liabilities for a goal allowing Dendocker to get ball back across as well as squandering opportunities in attacking sense as little composure in attack as wing back.

Konsa 6
Did well in the main.

Tuanzebe 5.5
made an awful free kick back pass and also didn't clear the ball for the goal hashed up

Mings 5.5
wild kicks at times and needless yellow card

Cash 6
If he had a left foot then would have scored 2 goals really good getting forward

McGinn 8.5
 Best player on the pitch. Outrageous skills and made the goal for ings superb. Several times he turned the midfielders of Wolves around spinning away from them in middle of park
 Also lovely strike (deflected) for goal. More with that attitude and we would have confirmed the win.

Douglas Luiz 6.5
Casual at times. But OK before subbed.

Buendia 7.5
Spirited and neat play. Very good. Disappointed he was subbed

Watkins 6
 greedy and lacked awareness on ball  many times also picked up booking and was moaning to ref  a bit

Ings 7.5
Great goal
Should have had a hat trick.
Should have scored when put through on goal by Buendia
Should have scored with a free header from Corner.

Ramsey 5.5 gave away free kick for goal
Nakamba  5 didn't close anyone down offers little
Young 5.5 OK and came on as a replacement for injured Cash.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2021, 06:05:55 PM »
That was reminiscent of those games vs Man Utd when they did us 2-3 in the final moments.  With it being the dog heads - I couldn't give two fucks about them - it is slightly less gutting.  But the collapse was very similar.

We are a mid-table team getting mid-table results.  You can only hope our confidence doesn't take a big knock, as can be the case when you lose those ones. 

The club is kind of in no-mans-land for me at the moment.  We are clearly not going to spend big enough to compete for the league (like Newcastle will), so I don't know what the aim is really.  Maybe slow and steady improvements, consolidation and... not much else. 

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2021, 06:07:06 PM »
Subs or no subs. You don’t concede the first 2 goals like that at all if you’re switched on.

Wolves came for a draw in the first half. Only when we scored did they actually try to play and to their credit looked ok without threatening. 2-0 to us and we mentally went to sleep.

Smith gets the blame for that mentality. You can’t fault the formation or the subs. Individual mistakes and a collective brain fart cost us.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2021, 06:12:28 PM »

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:44 PM »
That one really hurt. Not sure why this keeps happening,  why the management don't learn from it. Just when you think we are getting momentum we keep fcuking it up for ourselves.  Players and manager need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
Typical fucking Villa…

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »
The goals given away were appalling.  No concentration whatsoever.  Several players standing around ball watching. 

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2021, 06:19:41 PM »
Just got back. Still in disbelief... but the second their first went in, you could feel it coming in the water.

Lets get the positives out of the way - Buendia looked good, by far the best glimpse of him seen this season, McGinn has his energy back and was an ever present in the middle, Ings - One chance, one goal and worked tirelessly (again!) off the ball, helping to track back and press.

Negatives - EVERYTHING else!

Subs - weakened us immensely! As someone else mentioned previously.... when Cash went off injured, Smith should have brought Hause on for him and pushed Konsa/Axel out to RB.
Mings - Fucking useless! He talks a good game, but it's about time we saw it on the pitch. Not good enough in the main and his usual one a game brain fart became a full dose of the runs today. Should be performing to a MUCH higher standard than he is, especially as our Captain and an England international.
Watkins and Ings - 8 games in and not a glimmer of a partnership forming. Personally, I'd drop Watkins as he looks a shadow of last season's player.
352 - Can we fuck this off now please? Wingers should be back next game hopefully, so can we go with our tried and trusted 451.

Mings needs dropping - Our strongest back two on current form are Hause and Konsa by a country mile. What does it say to the lad who has been immense the past few games, that we have an average loan player and Brain fart Mings jumping in ahead of him. How is that a reward for his performances?

Overall, that was bollocks from everyone involved. Need to draw a line under it and hopefully better days ahead when the likes of Bailey, Traore and Sanson are fully fit.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »
Two fucking shit results in a row.

It’s obvious when todays fuckup started.
It was when Mings panicked and sliced a clearance when under no pressure.
From then on in all our composure was passed up the wall. We became a shambles at the back.

Rubbish substitutions and poor, poor management, both on and off the pitch.

We need to get back on track, and quick.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
Been thinking a bit about my comment saying Villa feel different at the moment, and undoubtedly Grealish's absence is worth far more than just a get out of jail free card. No lightning rod, no star quality. We might be a better 'team' but I don't think we look better. We're scrabbling for an identity throughout the club, coaches down, and that's not easy.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2021, 06:22:19 PM »
That one really hurt. Not sure why this keeps happening,  why the management don't learn from it. Just when you think we are getting momentum we keep fcuking it up for ourselves.  Players and manager need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Why what keeps happening? Mid table teams are going to win some weeks and lose some weeks. Especially when they have injuries to a couple of their better players

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2021, 06:26:25 PM »
I havent really enjoyed this season, it feels like we have never got going what with injuries and international breaks.

I really hope today stops 352 being our goto - I think there are times when it works, and I think it is good we have the flexibility to do it - but it doesn't play to the squads strengths. 

At some point we're going to have to accept that Ings and Watkins isn't really working. 

We need to sort this quickly, because the signings we have made in the last 3 windows came here for "the project" that was qualifying for Europe.  We wont have a chance in hell of hanging on to Emi if we finish bottom half again.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2021, 06:26:32 PM »
After 75 minutes I couldn't see Wolves doing anything. Podence was the game changer and they did change formation whereas our subs actually made us worse.

Overall, both teams were fairly average, but we were in control despite Mings and Tuanzebe being flaky today.

I could barely believe the equaliser with the defending, and Ramsey was just daft to give away a free kick where he did.

I was hoping I could attribute it all to just a freak of fortune, but I am not so sure.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2021, 06:26:47 PM »
Buendia can play as a ten. The rest is just too shit to post about.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2021, 06:32:12 PM »
No semi decent manager loses a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. Shameful result.

Paul Lambert would be ashamed.

Arsene Wenger at Villa for one. Get that your pissed off, but its just at stupid comment. And really  calling for the managers head two weeks after beating man u away, jesus fucking christ, grow up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal