collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 22265 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2021, 05:26:57 PM »
If Cash was injured why not move Konsa over to right back, he's played there before and never let us down, quite the opposite in fact.

Online Mellin

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2021, 05:27:09 PM »
Was just about to host the 17:00 meeting at work when the alert came through for 3-2. Supposed to challenge any issues from the day. Zero challenges and rushed through it, as was verging on unhinged. Still am. Complete disgrace and I’m not one for losing my rag over football.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »
The defence was a fucking disgrace. Just completely acceptable. Looking forward to hearing Gormless’s excuses tonight.

Offline AlwaysVilla

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »
I cant see the owners pulling the trigger on Smith unless we start heading toward the relegation zone. They are rebuilding the club with Smith at the heart of their planning so it would be be a brave move to tear that up and go with a new manager with different ideas. Worryingly Smith seems to be exposed more often than not for his tactics and In game management . Even today after leading 2 nil and Wolves still looking the better team he took our most dangerous player off  in Buendia  allowing them to push further forward hence Coady and Saiss getting into dangerous positions. The total ineffectiveness of Watkins and Ings adding to this. I suspect Smith will be the master of his own Downfall by continuing with this formation, and he does like to stick with things,doesn't he?

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2021, 05:30:08 PM »
You know when a side goes a goal up against Villa and you just know that we won't equalise even if we played until midnight? How come Villa are never that comfortable in the lead?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2021, 05:31:05 PM »
What does Young offer now?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2021, 05:32:05 PM »
No semi decent manager loses a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. Shameful result.

Paul Lambert would be ashamed.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2021, 05:32:17 PM »
we did nothing right after going 2-0 up

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »
Cash was injured , he was holding his thigh and had ice on it on the bench.

The subs all wrong , 2-0 up then concede one ,why does he persist with 2 up top ? It feels we are not playing 3-5-2 as he can't/ wont decide on one from Watkins and Ings .Also no suprise we concede from corners with Hause out of the side , he is by far the most commanding CB we have in the air .

Mings summed up by getting booked for time wasting , so poor on the ball all game and shanked it numerous times.

Longs balls ..ffs why do we still play so many aimless balls down the fucking lines over and over and lose possession !!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2021, 05:35:42 PM »
I would say they snatched the game away from us in a similar way we did to them at their place last season.
Sadly I was proved right earlier in the week when I told several people that I thought the odds of Wolves winning at 12/5 was a tempting price. I should have swallowed my Villa pride and backed against us.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2021, 05:37:19 PM »
Watkins is so uncomfortable playing with a partner. We spent a load on another striker and are trying to force him into a system meant for one.

I don't like to project, but certainly up front it seems like a frustrated group. I don't like the feel of Villa since O'Kelly left, frankly.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »
One of the "great" Villa capitulations... However, I'm optimistic that it won't be era-ending (Stoke) or season defining (Leicester).

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2021, 05:38:44 PM »
One of the "great" Villa capitulations... However, I'm optimistic that it won't be era-ending (Stoke) or season defining (Leicester).

It will with this manager.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2021, 05:40:40 PM »
Buendia looked good today.  With Doug/McGinn/Buendia we have decent midfield.   In fact we overall have a decent squad.  Need a decent coach. 

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2021, 05:43:07 PM »
You've allowed ****** that supported Man Utd 5 years ago and who will support Newcastle next year to lord it over us. Parhetic management from a guy who should be managing a wetherspoons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal