collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 236978 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1740 on: April 01, 2023, 02:21:15 PM »
Yeah but this is half the world away, not a few postcodes down the road to keep Walsall wassailing another year.

He’s been lost, he’s been found but he don’t feel down.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #1741 on: April 05, 2023, 05:57:05 PM »
From Twitter, a nice video of Emi's best bits v Leicester: https://twitter.com/buendiazboyz/status/1643408016077619201?s=20

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1742 on: April 05, 2023, 07:33:45 PM »
I really like Buendia.

I get that he can be frustrating and is too easily knocked off the ball, and that he has good and bad matches, but I love players like him who buzz around trying to make things happen, he's clearly very talented.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1743 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:45 AM »
I really like Buendia.

I get that he can be frustrating and is too easily knocked off the ball, and that he has good and bad matches, but I love players like him who buzz around trying to make things happen, he's clearly very talented.

He has 'end product' too, always creates or scores. There have been many 'lovely' players down the years that did neither.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1744 on: April 06, 2023, 10:30:27 AM »
I really like Buendia.

He has 'end product' too, always creates or scores. There have been many 'lovely' players down the years that did neither.

Not sure I completely agree with that, he needs to do more in my opinion. Tuesday was his first assist of the season.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1745 on: April 06, 2023, 10:35:45 AM »
I really like Buendia.

Not sure I completely agree with that, he needs to do more in my opinion. Tuesday was his first assist of the season.

Really? Bloody hell.

I was think of Everton for example, his first touch off the bench in a tight game was the ball around the corner that McGinn got fouled running onto. He doesn't get an assist for that. Or the shot at home to Leicester that beat the keeper but came back off the bar to Watkins who scored. I'm sure there are others that might not have been the last touch before the goal but were the 'key' pass in the move.

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #1746 on: April 06, 2023, 11:24:29 AM »
I really like Buendia.

Really? Bloody hell.

I was think of Everton for example, his first touch off the bench in a tight game was the ball around the corner that McGinn got fouled running onto. He doesn't get an assist for that. Or the shot at home to Leicester that beat the keeper but came back off the bar to Watkins who scored. I'm sure there are others that might not have been the last touch before the goal but were the 'key' pass in the move.

Also you can’t hold it against him or anyone for that matter if the chances created are missed.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #1747 on: April 06, 2023, 12:01:47 PM »
I'm very much in the 'needs to do more' camp. clearly talented but very frustrating. He's 40th for big chances created this season so it's like they're being missed either.

If we want to consistently be in europe we need our other attackers to provide much, much more.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1748 on: April 06, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »
I really like Buendia.

Really? Bloody hell.

Also you can’t hold it against him or anyone for that matter if the chances created are missed.

Yes, it's a skewed stat.  Anyway, I really like him, he has ability and plenty of confidence to go with it, maybe a bit of dunning-kruger in certain situations which sometimes puts us in trouble though.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1749 on: April 06, 2023, 12:08:00 PM »
Risso, do you mean first assist that this time Ollie has managed to convert? He has provided many others that our forwards have squandered.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1750 on: April 06, 2023, 12:23:55 PM »
Risso, do you mean first assist that this time Ollie has managed to convert? He has provided many others that our forwards have squandered.

It obviously can't be an assist if a goal hasn't been scored. In that case it's just a 'big chance' and he hasn't provided as many of those as he should, either. I do like him, I just think he needs to affect games more often, which he's more than capable of.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #1751 on: April 06, 2023, 12:44:02 PM »
he's provided 5 big chances this season, according to stats, so this is a myth that loads have been missed. It puts hi 40th for chances created in the league.

I like him too but it's not a great output

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1752 on: April 06, 2023, 01:11:29 PM »
For everything he does well, he misplaces easy passes or gets caught in possession alot. Clearly talented, but really should be Coutinho's understudy, which is a whole different discussion.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1753 on: April 06, 2023, 01:17:22 PM »
Ok that's fair enough. I like him but if we want to stick around top six he needs to improve or we need to get a better replacement in, in the summer.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1754 on: April 06, 2023, 01:20:26 PM »
From Twitter, a nice video of Emi's best bits v Leicester: https://twitter.com/buendiazboyz/status/1643408016077619201?s=20

Lovely cameo and at times his touch is subline

The meg with Barnes to play in Moreno was genius.

Interesting that before the assist for the goal almost an identical run by Watkins was found by Emi - clearly an actual tactic worked on and executed.

He obviously needs to improve aspects of his game but i really think he is a very talented player

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal