collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tottenham vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread - Wednesday, May 19th - 6pm  (Read 10439 times)

Offline Damo70

I hate Tottenham more than I hate Manchester United. What the fuck other than your London base gives you any right to think of yourselves as a ‘super club’. We have been shit for over a decade and still managed to win more trophies than you! No doubts this will be a candle lit vigil for Harry Kane. Sadly, I see yet another defeat.

I don't particularly mind Tottenham one way or the other. When I was a kid and really getting into football they were winning FA Cups at the same time we were winning the title and the European Cup.

Offline GXVilla

Try a different formation that will enable us to get a couple of the kids on the pitch. 3-4-2-1 has worked well for Chelsea.
Martinez

Konsa
Hause
Mings

Kesler
Nakamba
Luiz
Targett

Chuck
Grealish

Watkins

Offline Mouse Potato

So put 2 kids in for their debuts into a formation that the team has never played before you mean?

Offline GXVilla

In normal times you're right, but we're learning absolutely nothing from playing the same players in the same formation, and we're still losing anyway.
We've played 3 at the back before under Deano and I'd rather give Kesler the reinsurance of another centre back than have him relying on Traore for cover.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Elmo was really shown-up on Sunday, Palace kept attacking his side. Get Kesler in. Not that it will make much difference, our record against this shower is shite. The 2-4 and 2-5's of 1992 and 2000 would be great but I can't see it or anything close to it.

Offline Villafirst

I'd try Chukwuemeka from the start. I rate him better than Ramsey.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
I hate Tottenham more than I hate Manchester United. What the fuck other than your London base gives you any right to think of yourselves as a ‘super club’. We have been shit for over a decade and still managed to win more trophies than you! No doubts this will be a candle lit vigil for Harry Kane. Sadly, I see yet another defeat.

I don't particularly mind Tottenham one way or the other. When I was a kid and really getting into football they were winning FA Cups at the same time we were winning the title and the European Cup.

You must be either very old or have a fab memory Damo! (joke)  I remember watching them in the early 80's with the Ricky Villa goal and then winning the old EUFA Cup under Keith Burkenshaw I think.  Since then, they have always thought they are bigger than they actually are, probably a bit like us at times!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
If Mings is o.k and wants to play then I'd shift Konsa to RB just for this game.

We will simply lose with Son and Bale taking it in turns to have runs v AEM every 5 minutes.

We also usually struggle against their physical and mobile central midfield.

Think Kane in his last home game will go a bit mad here so fear a 3-0 loss.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Bale is doubtful for this, one stat stands out for me, in the last seven games Villa have lost fourteen points from winning positions (SkySports) if that is correct it points to a weakness in recognising the point where the defence or midfield need bolstering, exactly what happened at Palace, when we were still up but under pressure an extra midfielder may have seen us home. I have doubts we will see anything different in this game, same players same positions same result.

Offline N'ZMAV

Standard 2-0 defeat.

Offline Proposition Joe

Oof, this is another one of those games where it seems we go up to their manager beforehand:

"And how would sir like his 3 points today?"
"Just the regular 2-0 today, no fuss, thanks"
"An excellent choice, sir"

But, the newspapers said they are "reeling" after Kane said he wanted to leave, so maybe we have a chance if they are all staggering around with their hands on their foreheads.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Bale is doubtful for this, one stat stands out for me, in the last seven games Villa have lost fourteen points from winning positions (SkySports) if that is correct it points to a weakness in recognising the point where the defence or midfield need bolstering, exactly what happened at Palace, when we were still up but under pressure an extra midfielder may have seen us home. I have doubts we will see anything different in this game, same players same positions same result.

Remember the good old days ( earlier this season) when the pre match request was score first Villa?
Now we score and it’s oh dear, you know what’s coming next,  Midfield Field gets over run, Smith stands passively on the touch line, like for like subs, opposition score and go onto win the match.

Chuck Keenan in for 5 minutes at the end.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:13:14 AM by ChicagoLion »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Oof, this is another one of those games where it seems we go up to their manager beforehand:

"And how would sir like his 3 points today?"
"Just the regular 2-0 today, no fuss, thanks"
"An excellent choice, sir"

But, the newspapers said they are "reeling" after Kane said he wanted to leave, so maybe we have a chance if they are all staggering around with their hands on their foreheads.
I think it’s a sky fest lump in the throat emotional farewell and Kane banging in a couple and sending the studio and the Spurs faithful into a  maelstrom of hyperbole and frenzied wanking.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:29:19 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Just like Ossie and Ricky's welcome in 1978, we'll ruin Harry's party in similar fashion.

Spurs 1 Villa 4

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Sounds like Grealish will start and if any of our kids are going to play, it will be in this match. The Chelsea match is close to the Youth Cup Final

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal