collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game  (Read 37842 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2021, 08:04:50 AM »
I haven’t got a ticket and gutted but that’s the way it is. But I’m not sure the longevity of going argument would work in a ballot. Apart from a gap in the mid 90s when I was away at uni, coinciding when we happened to be bloody good, I’ve been going regularly since mid 80s. But I go with my kids now who have been season ticket holders since last year of the championship. Rewarding long service if you like basically means anyone with kids can only go without them. Kids are the future and all that.
Anyway....I’m not going but enjoy those who are.be back in August using my voucher reduced season ticket hopefully.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2021, 08:38:40 AM »
I have WON a ticket which I have to pay for. Now I have to go through the rigmarole of buying it. Is it worth the hassle as I had so much hassle getting into the draw in the first place? Villa don’t make anything simple, and I still have all of these vouchers to use. Can I use one to buy the ticket? So many questions…..

Given how many people have missed out who want to go, posting that is about as tone deaf as it gets!

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
Has anyone got an answer from the club on how a family shared ST can operate with the photo ID? Simple as changing the photo when it's a printed ticket like this game?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »
I have WON a ticket which I have to pay for. Now I have to go through the rigmarole of buying it. Is it worth the hassle as I had so much hassle getting into the draw in the first place? Villa don’t make anything simple, and I still have all of these vouchers to use. Can I use one to buy the ticket? So many questions…..

@Risso - the wind up comment was nothing personal it was simply that I couldn’t see anyone else anywhere, that had had news of tickets at that stage. I thought if anyone had heard, I would at least have seen some mention on a Villa channel that people were starting to hear, even if I didn’t hear directly of anyone else who had one. Anyway - I hope you have a great day as you have always helped others, including me, out with tickets so you’ve earned this.

...but Villatilidie1982 - this is serious trolling. I don’t think you have any idea how gutted many of us are not to be able to go, and if it really is so difficult for you, please feel free to just leave it. It really isn’t difficult. All you’ve got to do now is nothing. Don’t pay for your ticket & it’ll go to someone who really wants it, or who doesn’t get their kicks from basically laughing in the faces of their fellow fans disappointment.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2021, 09:44:52 AM »

...but Villatilidie1982 - this is serious trolling. I don’t think you have any idea how gutted many of us are not to be able to go, and if it really is so difficult for you, please feel free to just leave it. It really isn’t difficult. All you’ve got to do now is nothing. Don’t pay for your ticket & it’ll go to someone who really wants it, or who doesn’t get their kicks from basically laughing in the faces of their fellow fans disappointment.

I read his post as tongue in cheek/sarky and that he was parodying one of our sporadic trolls, let's call him Fred, for whom the Villa can do no right. Don't believe Vtid82 meant any harm.   

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2021, 10:46:33 AM »

I read his post as tongue in cheek/sarky and that he was parodying one of our sporadic trolls, let's call him Fred, for whom the Villa can do no right. Don't believe Vtid82 meant any harm.   

Agreed BV. I just saw it as a dig at Wilma too.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »

Agreed BV. I just saw it as a dig at Wilma too.

Yep. This was clearly a dig at Pebbles. I got it straight away VTID.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »
As long as I'm always guaranteed a ticket, I'm not arsed.
Aha a ticket super leaguer.

More an addict.

Glad I won, but ballots are shite and unfair.
Let’s hope this is the last and only ballot.

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2021, 01:57:57 PM »
I'm still against tiering classes of fan for time served.  How are the newer and younger fans ever supposed to build up a history to get tickets for big games or away days?    You'll have the same 4 or 5k people first in the queue for ever more and that doesn't sit well with me.

Certainly for this game, all £30k had stumped up the money for their season ticket and in my view had as much right as eachother to go to the game.

I can see both sides of the debate and was letting off a little steam. I do stand by the fact that I feel a bit let down though. Somebody going to the game who has had a season ticket for a couple of years when I (and many others) have missed out doesn't sit well with me.
There will always be a problem when demand far outstrips supply and I know its a problem to build up a history. We have this issue with away tickets which is a bit of a closed shop.
We don't say that for the first away match next season all season ticket holders have an equal right to go so we will have a ballot and its down to luck do we?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:59:37 PM by BlackCountryVilla »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2021, 01:58:06 PM »
Absolutely!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »
Missed out. Not that fussed to be honest.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2021, 02:35:10 PM »
Good luck to all successful applicants and commiserations to the unlucky ones. Can’t wait to be back in a full Villa Park next season

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2021, 02:37:55 PM »
No criteria based on longevity, please. Children shouldn't be discriminated against for not being born earlier. Season ticket holder raffle seems the fairest to me. Hopefully it won't matter after this game and we can have full houses next season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2021, 03:06:23 PM »
Loyalty should always count.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
My youngest is 11 and has been villa mad since he was 6, seen us get relegated, promoted etc. I think in the ballot as a season ticket holder he deserved an equal chance of getting a ticket or not as is the case as someone who can say they have been going for more or less 40 years like me on account that I’m getting in a bit. I was just as much a loyal villa fan at 13 as I am now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal