collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game  (Read 37831 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2021, 04:46:18 AM »
No issues all done and dusted in about 4 minutes.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2021, 06:58:00 AM »
Farcical
Those of us who kept our money in the Club should have been given Priority.I still have Vouchers that expire in September and have a 1/3 chance of being able to partially use them.

Had a read through the process and the procedures required if successful and it just seems so much hassle to watch a Meaningless Football match. It was less hassle booking and travelling on a flight last Summer to Finland.

£50 for zone 1 seating for those 'lucky' to be successful in the Ballot?

Don't give me this rubbish that they care about the fans , Purslow would have jumped at the chance to join the Super League if invited.

Where to even begin......

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2021, 07:09:14 AM »
Farcical
Those of us who kept our money in the Club should have been given Priority.I still have Vouchers that expire in September and have a 1/3 chance of being able to partially use them.

Had a read through the process and the procedures required if successful and it just seems so much hassle to watch a Meaningless Football match. It was less hassle booking and travelling on a flight last Summer to Finland.

Don't give me this rubbish that they care about the fans , Purslow would have jumped at the chance to join the Super League if invited.

But that money that you 'kept in the club' is still yours. You can put that towards next seasons season ticket should you choose too. Besides, why the long whinge if you think its a meaningless game?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2021, 07:33:19 AM »
Farcical

But that money that you 'kept in the club' is still yours. You can put that towards next seasons season ticket should you choose too. Besides, why the long whinge if you think its a meaningless game?

*Mic Drop*

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2021, 07:46:18 AM »
What are the ticket prices. Funnily enough i can’t find them on the site.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2021, 07:47:49 AM »
Meaningless? I've never wanted to go to a Villa game more.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2021, 08:13:27 AM »
Farcical

You wouldn't enjoy it anyway. The "I should be given priority over other people" argument is always popular.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2021, 08:19:39 AM »
What are the ticket prices. Funnily enough i can’t find them on the site.

Category A game prices. It is there on the site, along with all the other info about the ballot. It's in the Next Steps section

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2021, 08:20:28 AM »
Farcical

*Mic Drop*

I too left my money in the club, for two reasons...

1. I somewhat naively thought that it would all be over in a few months and we would have been back in the ground for at least half of this season
2. I am fortunate enough that the refund wasn't necessary for my day to day finances.

I do not think that I should have been given any preferred priority, just because I was financially better off than some of my fellow supporters. If the poster thinks that leaving the money with the club makes him a better fan then he is wrong. And as for a meaningless game? I'm not sure that in my 45 years of attending Villa Park that any game will mean more to me, should I be fortunate enough to be selected to attend. The last 14 months, without attending Villa Park, has been difficult for me, and in all probability, for countless other Villa fans,  who have invested their time, money, emotion, heart and soul in following the club that we love. I've missed the pre match beer, the chips from Ali Baba's, the good people that I sit with, and also, the people that sit near me that I dislike. I want to see them all again, shake their hand, or hug them, and tell them how good it is to see them. A few weeks ago, I had my first Covid jab. There was only one place that I could go to, so on a Sunday morning, I drove the 50-odd miles to Villa Park, got out of my car in the Holte End car park, and looked up at the mighty Holte. I'm not ashamed to say that a few tears rolled down my face. It felt like I had come home, and since then it's given me strength knowing that I've been there and will do again, if not for the Chelsea game then hopefully next season. I've missed the place more than words could possibly say. I've missed cheering on the Villa, arguing about team formations and individual players, giving stick to the opposition, moaning about VAR and the referee.

And you call it meaningless? You are entitled to your opinion I guess, but so am I. And your opinion is wrong.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
Farcical

*Mic Drop*

1. I somewhat naively thought that it would all be over in a few months and we would have been back in the ground for at least half of this season
2. I am fortunate enough that the refund wasn't necessary for my day to day finances.

I do not think that I should have been given any preferred priority, just because I was financially better off than some of my fellow supporters. If the poster thinks that leaving the money with the club makes him a better fan then he is wrong. And as for a meaningless game? I'm not sure that in my 45 years of attending Villa Park that any game will mean more to me, should I be fortunate enough to be selected to attend. The last 14 months, without attending Villa Park, has been difficult for me, and in all probability, for countless other Villa fans,  who have invested their time, money, emotion, heart and soul in following the club that we love. I've missed the pre match beer, the chips from Ali Baba's, the good people that I sit with, and also, the people that sit near me that I dislike. I want to see them all again, shake their hand, or hug them, and tell them how good it is to see them. A few weeks ago, I had my first Covid jab. There was only one place that I could go to, so on a Sunday morning, I drove the 50-odd miles to Villa Park, got out of my car in the Holte End car park, and looked up at the mighty Holte. I'm not ashamed to say that a few tears rolled down my face. It felt like I had come home, and since then it's given me strength knowing that I've been there and will do again, if not for the Chelsea game then hopefully next season. I've missed the place more than words could possibly say. I've missed cheering on the Villa, arguing about team formations and individual players, giving stick to the opposition, moaning about VAR and the referee.

And you call it meaningless? You are entitled to your opinion I guess, but so am I. And your opinion is wrong.

Great post Kevin!

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
Farcical

*Mic Drop*

Great post Kevin!

Well said Kevin. I’ve been going since 1957 and after leaving work in 1992 have been to every game home and away (apart from a few European ones). I don’t consider myself any better a fan than the youngster who uses any spare cash to get to games and has a season ticket instead of a Christmas present nor the ones with other financial commitments. I’m happy to join the ballot and hope against hope that I can get back to my beloved Villa Park.
I took the refund because at the time, given my age, life expectancy wasn’t looking too good.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2021, 08:38:55 AM »
It’s great that fans are returning and I can’t wait to get back to watching games in grounds - whenever that will be. What I’d also like to see is the recent fan pressure against the super 6 to be extended to ticket prices for Premier League games. The fact that we are cheaper than most other clubs is good but let’s lead the way and drop prices to a reasonable figure. I’d say that £30 would be about right for the best seats at Villa Park.

Good luck to everyone in the ballot

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2021, 09:04:00 AM »
Farcical

*Mic Drop*

Great post Kevin!

Well said Kevin. I’ve been going since 1957 and after leaving work in 1992 have been to every game home and away (apart from a few European ones). I don’t consider myself any better a fan than the youngster who uses any spare cash to get to games and has a season ticket instead of a Christmas present nor the ones with other financial commitments. I’m happy to join the ballot and hope against hope that I can get back to my beloved Villa Park.
I took the refund because at the time, given my age, life expectancy wasn’t looking too good.

I too had my refund from the club but not to line my own pockets. Around the same time Wigan had gone tits up and were basically begging for donations just to
pay the staff that remained at the club, now being a pensioner my £90+ wasn't a fortune but they were happy to receive it. I think i must have been the first non-Wigan fan
to donate as i seemed to become somewhat of an on-line hero on Twitter and interviewed on Radio Manchester by Mike Minay. as a footnote that interview was embarrassing, it was Epsom Derby day and i was in the pub. Mike rang me to sort out a time for interview and i told him to ring me after the Derby, he did that and i was totally pissed, must have gone down a storm with my new Wigan friends.
My point i suppose is that it's only around 3 years since we were on brink of oblivion and two knights came riding to our rescue, 2 very wealthy knights. I took the decision to have my refund and gave them my cash. I've since found that Wigan or certainly their fans are wonderful people,Bolton & Barnsley fans may disagree. I donated further small amounts of cash to aid them.
Villa didn't need my cash at that time.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2021, 09:04:48 AM »
All the Best Kevin, hope you get to enjoy the day.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
Superb post Kev. Happy birthday for yesterday BTW.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal