collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rory
[Today at 02:36:36 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game  (Read 38207 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »
I chucked a few quid to Wigan as well. I lived there for 10 years, and for a while they were my second team. My best man was a coach there under Bruce and then ran the women's team.

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2021, 10:20:33 AM »
Superb post Kev. Happy birthday for yesterday BTW.

Thanks mate.....good day for birthday's eh?

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2021, 10:32:58 AM »
I chucked a few quid to Wigan as well. I lived there for 10 years, and for a while they were my second team. My best man was a coach there under Bruce and then ran the women's team.
Fair play....I've never been to Wigan apart from watching Villa there.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2021, 10:56:17 AM »
Farcical
Those of us who kept our money in the Club should have been given Priority.I still have Vouchers that expire in September and have a 1/3 chance of being able to partially use them.

Had a read through the process and the procedures required if successful and it just seems so much hassle to watch a Meaningless Football match. It was less hassle booking and travelling on a flight last Summer to Finland.

£50 for zone 1 seating for those 'lucky' to be successful in the Ballot?

Don't give me this rubbish that they care about the fans , Purslow would have jumped at the chance to join the Super League if invited.

But that money that you 'kept in the club' is still yours. You can put that towards next seasons season ticket should you choose too. Besides, why the long whinge if you think its a meaningless game?

*Mic Drop*

I too left my money in the club, for two reasons...

1. I somewhat naively thought that it would all be over in a few months and we would have been back in the ground for at least half of this season
2. I am fortunate enough that the refund wasn't necessary for my day to day finances.

I do not think that I should have been given any preferred priority, just because I was financially better off than some of my fellow supporters. If the poster thinks that leaving the money with the club makes him a better fan then he is wrong. And as for a meaningless game? I'm not sure that in my 45 years of attending Villa Park that any game will mean more to me, should I be fortunate enough to be selected to attend. The last 14 months, without attending Villa Park, has been difficult for me, and in all probability, for countless other Villa fans,  who have invested their time, money, emotion, heart and soul in following the club that we love. I've missed the pre match beer, the chips from Ali Baba's, the good people that I sit with, and also, the people that sit near me that I dislike. I want to see them all again, shake their hand, or hug them, and tell them how good it is to see them. A few weeks ago, I had my first Covid jab. There was only one place that I could go to, so on a Sunday morning, I drove the 50-odd miles to Villa Park, got out of my car in the Holte End car park, and looked up at the mighty Holte. I'm not ashamed to say that a few tears rolled down my face. It felt like I had come home, and since then it's given me strength knowing that I've been there and will do again, if not for the Chelsea game then hopefully next season. I've missed the place more than words could possibly say. I've missed cheering on the Villa, arguing about team formations and individual players, giving stick to the opposition, moaning about VAR and the referee.

And you call it meaningless? You are entitled to your opinion I guess, but so am I. And your opinion is wrong.

Kev, you won the internet today 😀

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2021, 11:23:02 AM »
And you call it meaningless? You are entitled to your opinion I guess, but so am I. And your opinion is wrong.
I did the same and agree with first part of your post however the original poster's opinion is not wrong. It's a valid opinion.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2021, 12:05:22 PM »

Certainly was! I don’t like having a 16yr old son though. Feeling ancient!

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »

Certainly was! I don’t like having a 16yr old son though. Feeling ancient!

Yeah, but my daughter was 21 yesterday as well......and I was 51....

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »
Farcical
Those of us who kept our money in the Club should have been given Priority.I still have Vouchers that expire in September and have a 1/3 chance of being able to partially use them.

Had a read through the process and the procedures required if successful and it just seems so much hassle to watch a Meaningless Football match. It was less hassle booking and travelling on a flight last Summer to Finland.

£50 for zone 1 seating for those 'lucky' to be successful in the Ballot?

Don't give me this rubbish that they care about the fans , Purslow would have jumped at the chance to join the Super League if invited.

But that money that you 'kept in the club' is still yours. You can put that towards next seasons season ticket should you choose too. Besides, why the long whinge if you think its a meaningless game?

*Mic Drop*

I too left my money in the club, for two reasons...

1. I somewhat naively thought that it would all be over in a few months and we would have been back in the ground for at least half of this season
2. I am fortunate enough that the refund wasn't necessary for my day to day finances.

I do not think that I should have been given any preferred priority, just because I was financially better off than some of my fellow supporters. If the poster thinks that leaving the money with the club makes him a better fan then he is wrong. And as for a meaningless game? I'm not sure that in my 45 years of attending Villa Park that any game will mean more to me, should I be fortunate enough to be selected to attend. The last 14 months, without attending Villa Park, has been difficult for me, and in all probability, for countless other Villa fans,  who have invested their time, money, emotion, heart and soul in following the club that we love. I've missed the pre match beer, the chips from Ali Baba's, the good people that I sit with, and also, the people that sit near me that I dislike. I want to see them all again, shake their hand, or hug them, and tell them how good it is to see them. A few weeks ago, I had my first Covid jab. There was only one place that I could go to, so on a Sunday morning, I drove the 50-odd miles to Villa Park, got out of my car in the Holte End car park, and looked up at the mighty Holte. I'm not ashamed to say that a few tears rolled down my face. It felt like I had come home, and since then it's given me strength knowing that I've been there and will do again, if not for the Chelsea game then hopefully next season. I've missed the place more than words could possibly say. I've missed cheering on the Villa, arguing about team formations and individual players, giving stick to the opposition, moaning about VAR and the referee.

I love this post. Just brilliant on every point made.

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2022
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
Great post Kev, I left my money in as well and agree with every word. Go and treat yourself with a pint at the Montpellier.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
I did the same and agree with first part of your post however the original poster's opinion is not wrong. It's a valid opinion.
While the posters opinion is valid I do agree with Kev that the opinion is wrong. I've read Kev's post twice it was that good and completely right. In my opinion.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2021, 03:33:21 PM »
6 of the Bournemouth Lions have applied as a group, so we shall see what happens.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »
I could never watch Aston Villa and call it meaningless no matter what this pandemic as been the worst time ever for us all and not having Aston Villa in my life going home and away with my friends seeing my mates at games was hard to take it made my mental illness so much worse but I cling on to the hope that we will all be back there next season and when I go through the turnstiles it will be emotional that's for sure I look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
I could never watch Aston Villa and call it meaningless no matter what this pandemic as been the worst time ever for us all and not having Aston Villa in my life going home and away with my friends seeing my mates at games was hard to take it made my mental illness so much worse but I cling on to the hope that we will all be back there next season and when I go through the turnstiles it will be emotional that's for sure I look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

You still owe me a pint from the game at Spurs last year mate....

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2021, 07:04:39 PM »
Ali Baba's....isn't that the Asian Ebay?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:16 PM »

You still owe me a pint from the game at Spurs last year mate....

I will buy you a few pints when we get back in the grounds I've missed seeing you lads.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal