collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season's kits  (Read 213156 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Next season's kits
« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2021, 05:48:10 PM »
Irrelevant I know, but have we ever had a strip with a blue body and claret arms?

I always wondered why we didn't just have a "reverse" of the home kit as the away kit

I don't think it would work these days as part of the away kit would be the same colour as the home team's. Same reason we sometimes have to wear claret shorts if the home team is wearing white ones.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2021, 09:55:56 PM »
To give it a bit of balance, I really, really don't like it.

But then again, I really, really don't care too much as I am never going to buy it anyway

*shrug*

That’s exactly the same as me

in fact I’m  only on this new kit read because I’m bored

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2021, 10:00:36 PM »
I don’t think I’ll get one this season.

I wasn’t a fan initially, but actually it’s growing on me somewhat. Not sure why, but it’s not not as horrific as I first thought it was

Online exigo

« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »
There's been a £30 off discount code doing the rounds on twitter, which loads have jumped on. Home shirt for £27; training tops for £2; shorts and socks for postage. It popped up half an hour ago, and has just been stopped on the online store. But someone's going to get hauled over the coals tomorrow morning.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2021, 10:26:51 PM »

But then again, I really, really don't care too much as I am never going to buy it anyway

*shrug*

Me too.

I don't even read most of the posts, I just scroll past them gleefully, whistling like someone who doesn't really care.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #380 on: July 14, 2021, 10:33:03 PM »

*shrug*

Me too.

I don't even read most of the posts, I just scroll past them gleefully, whistling like someone who doesn't really care.

Yes, but is that down to the 'shite that's posted on this site these days'?

I too am here because I'm bored, however I don't mind the new shirt and will certainly not be buying it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #381 on: July 14, 2021, 10:54:41 PM »

*shrug*

Me too.

Yes, but is that down to the 'shite that's posted on this site these days'?

I too am here because I'm bored, however I don't mind the new shirt and will certainly not be buying it.

Dunno Lee

Just to clarify, I haven't read your post, it got caught up in the enormous scroll-past.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2021, 08:13:44 AM »
There's been a £30 off discount code doing the rounds on twitter, which loads have jumped on. Home shirt for £27; training tops for £2; shorts and socks for postage. It popped up half an hour ago, and has just been stopped on the online store. But someone's going to get hauled over the coals tomorrow morning.

Leighton, formally of the parish (I think) was up in arms about that last night. He wasn't a happy chappy..

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2021, 08:16:46 AM »
I hope the claret and blue checks on the possibly leaked black one aren't real, that's a bit too "Randy Lerner" for me.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2021, 08:19:26 AM »

Leighton, formally of the parish (I think) was up in arms about that last night. He wasn't a happy chappy..

They've had hefty discount codes before for new kit and I got one because of it - its a good way of getting numbers of shirts sold. I doubt very much that its a mistake.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2021, 08:30:00 AM »
If they had stripes going across too, at least it would look like a Villa tartan.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2021, 08:47:40 AM »

Not sure how you can be up in arms about it as the markup on the shirts are massive. I went into the club shop the day before the new kit was released and you could get last years player issue shirts which were £90 down to £30.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
Another vote for the "horrible kit, but don't really care" faction.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2021, 09:36:20 AM »
If it was pink and lilac I'd understand people being up in arms and pissed off etc. It's claret and blue with some detailing. People won't complain in a month when we start playing again.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #389 on: July 15, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »
My amateur verdict on it :

Looks pretty shit close up
Will be ok from faraway/ telly

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal