collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109606 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9885 on: September 03, 2021, 03:14:43 PM »
It's a shit article by a truly shit reporter.  Birmingham Mail / Live are an absolute joke rag.

The reality is Southgate wasn't picking Grealish.  The Phillips and Rice examples mean nothing - there isn't the same level of competition in those positions.

I recall saying at the time it would probably cost us our captain and it did.

No its not, it's a good article that sums the situation, and Ratboy, up perfectly well.
It's not and it doesn't.  It panders to a section of the support.  I wouldn't have had you pegged as one of them tbh.

Ratboy has been absolutely disrespectful of the club, manager, players and fans since he left. That interview with ITV did him no favours. And frankly if he thinks we'll all wish him well it shows just how out of touch he is. He can fuck off.

The section of support that you'd describe how exactly?

Offline Drummond

« Reply #9886 on: September 03, 2021, 03:15:49 PM »
He's just not advised very well is he? In circumstances like this you just keep your mouth shut. It's easy. Don't do an interview because you won't come out of it well, and certainly don't reply to some Evening Mail journo

Do the interview but when you do it don't forget that the club you spent 19 years at was integral to you becoming a £100m player. I think that's the problem Preece and many others have with what he said asnd, more importantly, how it was said, it felt a lot like "If i wasn't a fan I'd have left you bunch of losers ages ago and now I have people around me worthy of my talent". I know I'm overplaying it but it comes across as pretty clear that he's thinking along those lines and can't see why anyone has a problem with it.

Exactly Paul. It's hugely disrespectful to his former club and team mates, and he needs telling, the horrible little chav. He's played four games for his new club, and lost two of them, the other two being absolute gimmes against the two worst clubs in the division at the time, but all of a sudden his play is suddenly elevated to a whole new level? Absolute fucking cobblers.

Quite

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #9887 on: September 03, 2021, 03:20:59 PM »
I guess the more exteme / highly strung?

Offline Drummond

« Reply #9888 on: September 03, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
Oh god don't start with the moral high ground for a bloke that calculated how to leave us while giving it the big one of you routine. He's a shit bag, and not with defending.
There is no way he could have played his exit that would have left you happy.

Not signinging a contract - the ungrateful bastard is running down his contract
Signing a contract but not saying anything - the ungrateful bastard is jis=ust signing the contract as his move fell through
Telling fans how much he loved Villa after he left - the lying weasel bastard, why did he leave then

etc, etc

It was impossible for him to leave without a meltdown one way or another.  Whatever he did or said would have been picked over with a fine toothed comb and thrown back at him.

Are you happy with him, how he's behaved and what he's said?

The best way for him to go would have been to have formally put in a transfer request and stated he couldn't wait to play Champions League football, how he was sorry that may leave us in the lurch but hopefully the fee received would allow the Villa to sign decent replacements and qualify and go on to future success.

Instead he went the backdoor route, pretended he wanted to stay and was snidey before declaring how much better everything is at his new club. Within a fortnight. And all that from someone who declares himself as a lifelong Villa fan. Then again, I've seen Villa fans punch each other before, so I suppose this is no different; they're all dicks.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #9889 on: September 03, 2021, 03:22:01 PM »

Ooh I'm extreme! Cool!

Highly strung? Excuse me for being pissed off. I'm glad you're so chilled about everything.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9890 on: September 03, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »
A transer request used to mean that you wouldn't be due a loyalty bonus, surely you cant have a release clause in your contract and be due a loyalty bonus if its activated?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9891 on: September 03, 2021, 03:28:55 PM »
If I wanted to be particularly calm and rational I'd hardly be a fan of a club to the extent of posting the however many thousands of times I have on this forum. Rationality is great when asking the club to plan its signings, its future, its play; it's not for us, however, because being a massive fan isn't particularly rational to begin with.

As a result, I can perfectly well understand why Grealish left, and be pissed off with him at the same time. He stays, he's a legend - he leaves, especially for a club that soulless and depressing for everyone else, he gets booed. Them's the breaks, and football wouldn't be the same otherwise.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #9892 on: September 03, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
A transer request used to mean that you wouldn't be due a loyalty bonus, surely you cant have a release clause in your contract and be due a loyalty bonus if its activated?

Hmmm, perhaps you're right.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #9893 on: September 03, 2021, 03:40:32 PM »
If I wanted to be particularly calm and rational I'd hardly be a fan of a club to the extent of posting the however many thousands of times I have on this forum. Rationality is great when asking the club to plan its signings, its future, its play; it's not for us, however, because being a massive fan isn't particularly rational to begin with.

As a result, I can perfectly well understand why Grealish left, and be pissed off with him at the same time. He stays, he's a legend - he leaves, especially for a club that soulless and depressing for everyone else, he gets booed. Them's the breaks, and football wouldn't be the same otherwise.

Quality summing up.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #9894 on: September 03, 2021, 03:41:00 PM »

I don’t think it’s extreme or highly strung to either be pissed off with him for leaving or last nights interview. Personally I was really pissed off he left for all the reasons stated, but after a few weeks in the cold light of day, I can say many of us, myself included romanticised the thing and took our rational heads off, in terms of what most top footballers do these days, e.g. take the mercenary route.

However, his interview did rile me last night, there is no need to be that arrogant or show a total lack of humility, or acknowledgement of where’s he come from. I really don’t think that’s an extreme reaction.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #9895 on: September 03, 2021, 03:52:35 PM »
I’m quite highly strung on this one too.

1) Southgate. The smug arrogance of not starting Grealish in the summer, but starting him now “because he’s gone up a level or two”. This is on him, not Grealish, but it has really fucked me off.

2) Grealish leaving. Call me an old romantic, or stupid and naïve, but I kind of believed the story of local kid becoming a star, and against all the prevailing wisdom staying with us through relegation, promotion, Europe … But he left. Can’t really blame him, but my romantic dreams were shattered, and yes, I’m fucked off about it too.

3) Grealish post-leaving. What an absolute disgrace. After all the years, ups and downs, a 4 sentence goodbye and a video montage of him being awesome??? Look at Deeney, look at Hourihane, look at Leon Bailey. And they never claimed to be living the dream at their city, their club. Look at the disrespect for “best mates” SJM and Tyrone, “now I’m finally playing with proper players” kind of attitude.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9896 on: September 03, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »
The drink driving incident, any other player, any other club, we are hammering them. Could easily have been 100 times worse. The signs were always there, we chose to ignore them.

In any other job he'd have been sacked and quite likely gone to prison.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #9897 on: September 03, 2021, 04:14:16 PM »
The drink driving incident, any other player, any other club, we are hammering them. Could easily have been 100 times worse. The signs were always there, we chose to ignore them.

In any other job he'd have been sacked and quite likely gone to prison.
agreed - I'd have had the sack.

Offline supertom

« Reply #9898 on: September 03, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »
It has struck me that there's been a degree of arrogance in how Jack has spoken about himself. I grant you in a game that features the likes of Ibra, Ronaldo and Messi, the best players do need that, but at the same time, our first season back he got off to a slow start before becoming hands down our key player. Then last season he missed 10 games, and never got back in the swing again. He had impressive stats for a 13-14 month stretch (at a level that matters). That's a season and a bit at the top level of hitting the levels he should expect (at 25). Such is football and the market that he's gone for 100 million, but he's now got to prove just whether or not he can become a worldy. He's got to earn that price tag now and step up, because essentially he's the most naturally gifted football England has, and it's now down to him to prove it on the stages he's lusted after.

Do I want him to prove himself as the player we all thought he was/could be? Not really.
Would have have him back in 3-4 years with tail between his legs if it hasn't quite panned out? Probably.
Will he become one of the best in the league over the next few years? Maybe (but he can't believe his own hype or get distracted by hanger on mates).

I know people laud Gazza, but he achieved about half of what he was capable of given his talent. Going off and playing at shit like Rangers and Boro when other players his age were still peaking? And Jack's still got a long way to go to match Gazza for on pitch output. He's benefitted from the fresh 100 mill signing luxury of getting starts but at some juncture he'll need to be upping his game a lot, because there's a wealth of talent at City. Sterling might be a forgotten man somewhat but you'd fancy him to score more.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #9899 on: September 03, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
Grealish can fuck off and go play on the M6 with Southgate - disrespectful morons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal