collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125664 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3300 on: June 22, 2021, 11:02:47 AM »
I am not doubting the ESR is a very talented player.

But fecking hell, if we are bidding over £32m on a kid who has 20 odd premier league games under his belt then our club has some serious money to invest.

Or big balls

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3301 on: June 22, 2021, 11:05:58 AM »

But fecking hell, if we are bidding over £32m on a kid who has 20 odd premier league games under his belt then our club has some serious money to invest.

Or big balls

Or big balls, serious money and a set up that everyone is taking notice of and want to be a part of. Oh how we've dreamed of this.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #3302 on: June 22, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »
£32.5m bid submitted for Smith Rowe apparently.
If these rumours are true, surely we must have had some positive vibes from the Smith Rowe camp that he is willing to join us else why would we bother - unless we are just trolling them to put them off our other targets!!

Yep that’s what I think as well I don’t believe in the trolling thing I don’t think Purslow is that sort of fella so they must’ve had some feedback from his agent or someone to give them some confidence to keep going

The Smith Rose thing took us all by surprise really and at first I didn’t think there was a chance of it but the more it goes on the more you start to wonder

If Smith Rowe wants to come all he has to do really is not sign a new contract with Arsenal
 then they have a choice let his contract run out next season and they get nothing or take the money now
it’s a no brainer they’re going to take the 32 million or whatever it is than losing for nothing
So in a way he’s got them over a barrel

If it does happen it will be the most incredible signing we have ever pulled off in my lifetime imo

We will be taking top young talent from one of the so-called super six
People looking for a statement of intent well this will be it

So fingers crossed

If we offered a huge cash lump as part of the deal i think Arsenal would jump at the deal. They owe so many clubs on previous transfer deals and they will jump at an up front deal
to ease their debts.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #3303 on: June 22, 2021, 11:19:52 AM »
If these rumours are true, surely we must have had some positive vibes from the Smith Rowe camp that he is willing to join us else why would we bother - unless we are just trolling them to put them off our other targets!!

He’s only played a dozen games ain’t he??!!!!!!!!

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3304 on: June 22, 2021, 11:40:25 AM »

smith rowe is in contract negotiations with arsenal and current deal has 2 years left to run (it was signed 3 years ago when he was 17).

it toughens his negotiating hand to have us in the background.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3305 on: June 22, 2021, 12:40:58 PM »
With Smith-Rowe, I have no expectations of it happening but it would be an even bigger statement than Buendia preferring us from the outset. There would be some real creativity in the team too with Watkins, Grealish, Smith-Rowe, Buendia and Traore and El Ghazi as immediate options and Trezeguet to come back.

Add Ward-Prowse and a top quality midfield general and we'll be going places.

The Williams lad, I don't see that happening when we've got Kessler coming through and if he wants to leave Liverpool to get games, is he going to get games when Cash is a regular?

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3306 on: June 22, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »
With Smith-Rowe, I have no expectations of it happening but it would be an even bigger statement than Buendia preferring us from the outset. There would be some real creativity in the team too with Watkins, Grealish, Smith-Rowe, Buendia and Traore and El Ghazi as immediate options and Trezeguet to come back.

Add Ward-Prowse and a top quality midfield general and we'll be going places.

The Williams lad, I don't see that happening when we've got Kessler coming through and if he wants to leave Liverpool to get games, is he going to get games when Cash is a regular?

I can't see the Williams link happening either, Cash will be the starter. Indeed I can't see us getting another fullback in now as Young can cover for Targett and Cash and we also have Guilbert coming back (who I rate highly).

The Argentinian player linked might happen though. Both Traore and Alvarez can play wing or as a striker which with Wesley around is probably a good way to cover Watkins but still have game time in other positions for Traore /  Another player (possibly Alvarez).

I would be quite excited if we got both Ward Prowse and Smith Rowe in, it would be a very exciting set of players and would allow better rotation, better use of subs, and better options if Jack gets injured.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3307 on: June 22, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
Ward-Prowse, Smith-Rowe, Bissouma, and a full season from Watkins and Jack = top four. Alvarez would be nice too.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:06:22 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3308 on: June 22, 2021, 12:57:42 PM »
It doesn't really matter whether any of us rate Guilbert highly. Smith obviously doesn't, so I'll be surprised if we don't sign at least one defender. Doesn't have to be a right back, necessarily, as signing an extra centre-half allows Konsa to go right back again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3309 on: June 22, 2021, 01:01:45 PM »
What I am loving about this window is that pretty much all of us on here have been brothers and sisters through some of the most shit years in our history. So this is the emergence on the other side of it that all hoped for. We deserve this. To enjoy our club and not be petrified of the future because of clowns on and off the pitch. Our proverbial nuts have kicked many, many times to the point they are no longer recognizable, so this now a period of healing and dare I say it, a bit of bravado to look forward to if we get it right. I’m delighted that we can enjoy this, because too many fans of other clubs have enjoyed our slow decline into irrelevance. We are back and we are going to make some noise.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 01:09:05 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2022
« Reply #3310 on: June 22, 2021, 01:05:11 PM »
Hear hear TV. We are really getting to annoy some other clubs now.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3311 on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:19 PM »
Neco Williams seems an odd one. If he wants to leave Liverpool for first team football, surely he won't sign for us as backup to Cash.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3312 on: June 22, 2021, 01:35:07 PM »
Great post TV.

I think some of the newer fans of the ‘sell out 6’ who have no comprehension of footballing history are going to be shocked to feck when little old Villa come roaring back.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3313 on: June 22, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
Julian Alvarez of River Plate gathering pace on Twatter and other online nonsense sources. Seems to have legs, the story and Alvarez.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3314 on: June 22, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »

I just can't see it with Smith-Rowe, but if it simply serves the purpose to show the likes of Arsenal that we intend to compete and potentially overtake them, then I think it's a shrewd approach. 

If we are going to spend that kind of money though, I would prefer it to be invested in a quality defensive midfielder.  Given Ashley Young's versatility, if we get s top DM in, then I think we only need a back up centre half to replace Engels and a back up centre forward. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal