collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125431 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3285 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:31 AM »
Julien Alvarez for 15 mill?  Never heard of him, cue the obligatory Youtube vids.  Anyone any the wiser?
According to my very good friend Jorge, who is a lifelong fan, member and was once even on the board of River Plate and took me around the stadium a couple of years back, Julian Alvarez is a terrific player. here's what he just 'whatsapped' to me (and I translate):
"He is a player with an incredible goal-scoring capability, very strong, great ball control. If he goes to Villa they will not be disappointed ... at the moment he is in the team playing in the 'Copa de America'."
And this guy knows what he is talking about.

Sign him up. Let's go!

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #3286 on: June 22, 2021, 06:41:36 AM »
Julien Alvarez for 15 mill?  Never heard of him, cue the obligatory Youtube vids.  Anyone any the wiser?
According to my very good friend Jorge, who is a lifelong fan, member and was once even on the board of River Plate and took me around the stadium a couple of years back, Julian Alvarez is a terrific player. here's what he just 'whatsapped' to me (and I translate):
"He is a player with an incredible goal-scoring capability, very strong, great ball control. If he goes to Villa they will not be disappointed ... at the moment he is in the team playing in the 'Copa de America'."
And this guy knows what he is talking about.

Sign him up. Let's go!

Most of the clips make him look like a classic centre forward but Transfermarkt reckon his preferred position is RW.  Potentially a great option from the bench whilst he finds his feet in a new country offering an alternative to Watkins, Buendia and different formations…

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3287 on: June 22, 2021, 07:49:08 AM »
Alexa, define rattled...

I can't stand Aston Villa. We were absolutely dreadful last season, woeful for the main, they did the double over us and we STILL finished 6 points clear.
All over Twitter, constantly seeing Villa fans giving it the large one, saying they'll overtake us.
How about jog on you muggy little cretins, know your place.
We should have relegated them when we had the chance

Some Arsenal Tarquin.

Shouda woulda coulda…..very definition of an Arsenal fan

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3288 on: June 22, 2021, 08:16:19 AM »
Alexa, define rattled...

I can't stand Aston Villa. We were absolutely dreadful last season, woeful for the main, they did the double over us and we STILL finished 6 points clear.
All over Twitter, constantly seeing Villa fans giving it the large one, saying they'll overtake us.
How about jog on you muggy little cretins, know your place.
We should have relegated them when we had the chance

Some Arsenal Tarquin.

Shouda woulda coulda…..very definition of an Arsenal fan

Know your place!

Arsenal the club that got voted into the top division.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3289 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:21 AM »
£32.5m bid submitted for Smith Rowe apparently.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3290 on: June 22, 2021, 08:53:37 AM »
If these rumours are true, surely we must have had some positive vibes from the Smith Rowe camp that he is willing to join us else why would we bother - unless we are just trolling them to put them off our other targets!!

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3291 on: June 22, 2021, 08:59:35 AM »
If these rumours are true, surely we must have had some positive vibes from the Smith Rowe camp that he is willing to join us else why would we bother - unless we are just trolling them to put them off our other targets!!
Yeah - thought especially with Arse having a bid rejected at the same time as they rejected ours - that it feels like maybe it's got a bit more to it than most rumours.

Gut feeling is that we'll be seeing Grealish - Smith Rowe - Buendia next season.

Ironically the front 3 Arsenal fans might've hoped for

Offline exigo

« Reply #3292 on: June 22, 2021, 09:50:15 AM »
Watching the Alvarez clips makes me think we didn't just buy the best keeper in Argentina, we look to have bought the only keeper in Argentina.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3293 on: June 22, 2021, 09:53:09 AM »

Smith Rowe hasn't signed a new contract with them which adds to the speculation.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3294 on: June 22, 2021, 09:56:55 AM »
So, we're being linked vaguely with this Liverpool right back Neco Williams. 10m doesn't seem mad money (traffic light transfer  rumour system = red)

Online LukeJames

« Reply #3295 on: June 22, 2021, 10:01:10 AM »
Who the fuck do we think are we bidding for Arsenal players? Were is the respect for London's 4th best team ffs.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3296 on: June 22, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
So, we're being linked vaguely with this Liverpool right back Neco Williams. 10m doesn't seem mad money (traffic light transfer  rumour system = red)
Would make sense for us I think.  Apparently going more because he's not happy with the number of games he's getting rather than Liverpool not rating him.  We'd offer a more obvious route for him in to the first team.  If we do get him, I guess we'll not be seeing Freddie again.

Offline AllanW

« Reply #3297 on: June 22, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »

:)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3298 on: June 22, 2021, 10:52:03 AM »

Yep that’s what I think as well I don’t believe in the trolling thing I don’t think Purslow is that sort of fella so they must’ve had some feedback from his agent or someone to give them some confidence to keep going

The Smith Rose thing took us all by surprise really and at first I didn’t think there was a chance of it but the more it goes on the more you start to wonder

If Smith Rowe wants to come all he has to do really is not sign a new contract with Arsenal
 then they have a choice let his contract run out next season and they get nothing or take the money now
it’s a no brainer they’re going to take the 32 million or whatever it is than losing for nothing
So in a way he’s got them over a barrel

If it does happen it will be the most incredible signing we have ever pulled off in my lifetime imo

We will be taking top young talent from one of the so-called super six
People looking for a statement of intent well this will be it

So fingers crossed

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:55:31 AM by john e »

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3299 on: June 22, 2021, 10:58:19 AM »
I am not doubting the ESR is a very talented player.

But fecking hell, if we are bidding over £32m on a kid who has 20 odd premier league games under his belt then our club has some serious money to invest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal