collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:57:04 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1104855 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1080 on: May 12, 2021, 08:28:48 PM »
Welcome Freddy Leth who is our new Head of Football Research. Someone Johnny L clearly knew from his time at Copenhagen.

I am a fan of the “DoF” approach but some of these job titles are getting quite spurious.  Who responsible for establishing each positions’ responsibilities, targets, and ultimately accountable for all the football/sport based side of the club?
Not sure, but Leth was promoted to Technical Director at FC Copenhagen after Lange left (I.e Lange’s old position), so presumably he’s coming in basically as his #2. Absolutely fine with me, feels like we’re building a recruitment team similar to the one Brentford have, but a few steps up the food chain.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1081 on: May 12, 2021, 08:30:46 PM »
Welcome Freddy Leth who is our new Head of Football Research. Someone Johnny L clearly knew from his time at Copenhagen.

I am a fan of the “DoF” approach but some of these job titles are getting quite spurious.  Who responsible for establishing each positions’ responsibilities, targets, and ultimately accountable for all the football/sport based side of the club? 

The person who hired him I assume

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1082 on: May 12, 2021, 09:05:51 PM »
If he's not good enough for a place in the Southampton squad he probably isn't good enough for a place in ours.

He's their captain isn't he?

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1083 on: May 12, 2021, 09:35:04 PM »

According to his LinkedIn profile he's been at Villa since Feb.

Anyway, hopefully good news even if he does like a bit of a nerd. https://www.fck.dk/en/news/frederik-leth-appointed-new-fck-technical-director

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1084 on: May 12, 2021, 09:37:20 PM »
Yes it’s a bit more credible from the mouth of Dean Smith than that of Doug Ellis.

Especially as Doug Ellis is dead, obviously.

Marginally given some of the twaddle Deano has come out with lately about Grealish's injury.

Going to be a tricky summer for signings you would think given the Euros and the ESL mob maybe having less cash to play with than they banked on.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1085 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:22 AM »
If he's not good enough for a place in the Southampton squad he probably isn't good enough for a place in ours.

He's their captain isn't he?
I think this is about Bertrand.Interesting to see how some Premier League clubs are facing the future and with Southampton it's looking strange,why didn't they they offload Bertrand,a better full back at the time than Targett,but with a limited  shelf life,.Same with Palace ,by far the oldest first team squad  in the league and 13 of the first team squad contracts run out this summer.They look a basket case.Add in Spurs and Arsenal's downturn.
Even without the wealth of our owners,we look a well run club for a change.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1086 on: May 13, 2021, 01:33:22 PM »
is he not good enough? he's leaving for a new challenge.

I dunno, I got the impression he was released. I'd rather sign an up and coming talent at left back who can grow to compete with Targett but wouldn't be overly concerned if we signed an experienced player as cover instead.

He's being linked to Arsenal and AC Milan, so I think it's very much his decision.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1087 on: May 13, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
From our regular starting 11, Martinez, the back 4, Grealish, Watkins and possibly McGinn (who was my motm today) - I want to see starting next season, the rest need upgrading.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1088 on: May 13, 2021, 08:51:39 PM »
is he not good enough? he's leaving for a new challenge.

I dunno, I got the impression he was released. I'd rather sign an up and coming talent at left back who can grow to compete with Targett but wouldn't be overly concerned if we signed an experienced player as cover instead.

He's being linked to Arsenal and AC Milan, so I think it's very much his decision.

Fair enough. I hardly ever watch Southampton, they're about the blandest team in the league, so no idea if he's playing well. I obviously misconstrued the link I skim-read.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1089 on: May 13, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
From our regular starting 11, Martinez, the back 4, Grealish, Watkins and possibly McGinn (who was my motm today) - I want to see starting next season, the rest need upgrading.

Luiz was mostly good today, and people forget how young he is. I'll be delighted if he's still here next season. He is only going to get better.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1090 on: May 13, 2021, 09:11:45 PM »

Luiz was mostly good today, and people forget how young he is. I'll be delighted if he's still here next season. He is only going to get better.

Agreed re Luiz (plus I'd like to have a regular for the Brazil team also playing for the Villa).

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1091 on: May 13, 2021, 10:05:53 PM »

Yup.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1092 on: May 13, 2021, 10:36:02 PM »

Agreed re Luiz (plus I'd like to have a regular for the Brazil team also playing for the Villa).

Young yes, but just when it looks like he steps up he goes a bit flat. Gave the ball away today far too much, I would have him as a squad player.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1093 on: May 13, 2021, 11:04:02 PM »
Let’s not forget players develop. You probably wouldn’t have had Targett as one of your starters if you’d assessed the squad a year ago.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1094 on: May 14, 2021, 08:26:14 AM »
Louis is 23 with 67 premier appearances.  He’s not a novice and too inconsistent in my opinion.

Agree with poster who said we have a core of the back 5 plus Jack, McGinn and Watkins to build on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal