collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108884 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #810 on: May 02, 2021, 03:57:17 PM »
Seeing Cash bomb forward to good effect yesterday set me thinking: We might be missing a trick not playing him as an out and out winger on occasion. 

I'm not suggesting not going for a winger this summer.  But if Guilbert comes back and is in contention, depending on injuries suspensions or whatever, we could have him at RB and Cash at RM/RW.

Cash was a right side attacking midfielder at Forest and was generally crap, at best average. The move to right back was a godsend and we now have one of the best right backs in the league. Remember, this is only his second season playing in the position, hopefully there's still more to come from him but let's not mess about with things that aren't broken.

Whether Guilbert could play in front of him is another matter. He certainly seems to play/played a more advanced role in France.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #811 on: May 02, 2021, 04:27:45 PM »
I felt last year that we needed a experienced CB option to go alongside Mings, even if we were trying to bring Konsa along n'all.   Sort of like what West Ham did with Craig Dawson. 

But with Konsa's progress this year I don't see how you bench him. So - short of injury to either pair or Euro qualification - it's a tough sell to someone with the requisite top flight experience.

So we might be better served looking at a promising 19-22 year old to come in and fill the void. One that won't be immediately kicking off if they don't play.  I like Tuanzebe, but his injury history before he's even reached his peak is a worry.

I think we'll do that with the full back positions. No point spending 15m on a LB when unless Targett starts next season really badly he's going to be starting 30 + games and he fully deserves to given how good he's been.

Perhaps more for RB as Cash picks up plenty of yellows and had that 3-4 week spell out injured so bit more opportunity there outside of cups to start.

One I quite like is Connor Roberts at Swansea so given Hourihane is likely to go there full time I reckon we can get him for reasonable amount, regular for Wales aswell.

Probably other should be a CB who can also fill in at full back when required. That's why I wouldn'r rule us going back in for Axel. He can fill in at RB when required to get him up to speed so he's ready to step in at CB if we lose either of the first choices for any significant length of time.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #812 on: May 02, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »
provding he's fit, which is seldom the case.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #813 on: May 02, 2021, 05:04:19 PM »
One I quite like is Connor Roberts at Swansea so given Hourihane is likely to go there full time I reckon we can get him for reasonable amount, regular for Wales aswell.

Is that still looking likely? I thought he was out of the team there and they didn't really like him anymore.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #814 on: May 02, 2021, 05:27:44 PM »

Is that still looking likely? I thought he was out of the team there and they didn't really like him anymore.

Think he's just being rested for the play offs as he picked up an injury with ROI.

Guess it's the same there as here, his stats look good even if his general performances haven't been amazing.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #815 on: May 03, 2021, 03:46:06 PM »
Leicester are an example of what can happen when a club is run well. They lost some of their best players from that league winning side - Kante, Mahrez, Maguire (I'm hesistant to throw his name in but they did get £80m for him). In the past we've not done well enough at replacing our best players but shows that if you're run well, you can still make progress even if you lose some of your best players along the way.

Nitpicking, but I'm fairly sure they signed Maguire after winning the league.
Agree with the general point though.

Oh I didn't mean for that to read that he was. Their defensive partnership was Morgan and Huth the season they won the league. I meant they've steadily had to accept key players leaving but have now been challenging for Champions League qualification the past couple of years on the back of their recruitment and being able to replace key players when they have left. Selling Maguire for £80m and replacing him with Jonny Evans for £3.5m strengthened them.

More nitpicking, but I think Maguire and Evans played together for a season at Leicester. Maguire was effectively replaced in the team by Soyuncu who signed a year before he left but only played six league games in his first season despite costing the best part of £20m, so as Black Francis said they already had their replacement.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #816 on: May 03, 2021, 06:22:39 PM »
Leicester have been quite canny signing young players ahead of their due date.  Ironically they missed out on Ollie Watkins who would be a perfect replacement for Vardy.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #817 on: May 03, 2021, 07:15:39 PM »
I liked the look of Diangana at Olbiun earlier in the season. Has he been out injured for ages, or gone shit? Haven’t heard anything of him for a while.

Offline Daley’s dreads

« Reply #818 on: May 03, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
Been rubbish by all accounts.
Townsend has done better for Albion than people thought he would do. Might be worth considering as back up to Targett.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #819 on: May 04, 2021, 01:31:53 AM »
Never mind.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #820 on: May 04, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »
Watched the 1st half of the Albion V Wolves yesterday - cannot see what all the fuss is over Pererra?? he is not what we need, seemed to me we would have to change our formation to get him in the team

Tammy for £45 million that would be madness.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #821 on: May 04, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »
Pereira had a very poor second half yesterday. I think - with better players around him and a team playing on the front foot - he would be far better than he has been this season; and his assist and scoring stats are good.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #822 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:26 AM »
Watched the 1st half of the Albion V Wolves yesterday - cannot see what all the fuss is over Pererra?? he is not what we need, seemed to me we would have to change our formation to get him in the team

Tammy for £45 million that would be madness.

It's £12 million more than we paid for Ollie Watkins who had never played in the top flight. That's about the going rate, now.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #823 on: May 04, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »
Axel, Henry, Oxlade Chamberlain, Sander Berge, Tammy, Buendia

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #824 on: May 04, 2021, 11:22:31 AM »
Axel, Henry, Oxlade Chamberlain, Sander Berge, Tammy, Buendia

Things you've heard, read or desire? :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal