collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108893 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #795 on: May 01, 2021, 07:33:46 PM »
I have a feeling Tammy will end up at Arsenal anyway for some reason.  He supports them as well.

Offline danno

« Reply #796 on: May 01, 2021, 07:46:35 PM »
Leicester are an example of what can happen when a club is run well. They lost some of their best players from that league winning side - Kante, Mahrez, Maguire (I'm hesistant to throw his name in but they did get £80m for him). In the past we've not done well enough at replacing our best players but shows that if you're run well, you can still make progress even if you lose some of your best players along the way.

Nitpicking, but I'm fairly sure they signed Maguire after winning the league.
Agree with the general point though.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #797 on: May 02, 2021, 07:47:42 AM »
Tammy + 2 of Pereira, Buendia & McNeil would be a class start to the summer :-) then we can settle in to see who Lange sources for the other needs

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #798 on: May 02, 2021, 07:50:52 AM »
I suspect Tuanzebe will be on the radar?
A decent squad player and replacement for Engles who surely must be in his way out.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #799 on: May 02, 2021, 01:48:19 PM »
Tuanzebe has the structural resilience of  custard. Time to move on from him.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #800 on: May 02, 2021, 01:49:07 PM »
Tuanzebe has the structural resilience of  custard. Time to move on from him.

Blancmange Ron Vlaar II

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #801 on: May 02, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
The people who signed Tammy and Tuanzebe are long gone. I think we ought to move on too.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #802 on: May 02, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »
Said at the time, Tuanzebe needed to move to us in our first PL season. He'd have been a popular first team player who'd be getting games week in, week out which is imo what he needed. Instead he's had a bit of a nothing career at Manc Utd, not played enough, and now we've outgrown him. We're no longer in a position where we need to gamble on players with limited top level experience and dubious injury records.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
« Reply #803 on: May 02, 2021, 02:35:53 PM »
Leicester are an example of what can happen when a club is run well. They lost some of their best players from that league winning side - Kante, Mahrez, Maguire (I'm hesistant to throw his name in but they did get £80m for him). In the past we've not done well enough at replacing our best players but shows that if you're run well, you can still make progress even if you lose some of your best players along the way.

Oh I didn't mean for that to read that he was. Their defensive partnership was Morgan and Huth the season they won the league. I meant they've steadily had to accept key players leaving but have now been challenging for Champions League qualification the past couple of years on the back of their recruitment and being able to replace key players when they have left. Selling Maguire for £80m and replacing him with Jonny Evans for £3.5m strengthened them.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #804 on: May 02, 2021, 02:50:53 PM »
I felt last year that we needed a experienced CB option to go alongside Mings, even if we were trying to bring Konsa along n'all.   Sort of like what West Ham did with Craig Dawson. 

But with Konsa's progress this year I don't see how you bench him. So - short of injury to either pair or Euro qualification - it's a tough sell to someone with the requisite top flight experience.

So we might be better served looking at a promising 19-22 year old to come in and fill the void. One that won't be immediately kicking off if they don't play.  I like Tuanzebe, but his injury history before he's even reached his peak is a worry.

Offline frank black

« Reply #805 on: May 02, 2021, 03:14:40 PM »

Oh I didn't mean for that to read that he was. Their defensive partnership was Morgan and Huth the season they won the league. I meant they've steadily had to accept key players leaving but have now been challenging for Champions League qualification the past couple of years on the back of their recruitment and being able to replace key players when they have left. Selling Maguire for £80m and replacing him with Jonny Evans for £3.5m strengthened them.

The key to it for Leicester is that they don’t sell a player unless they believe they have a replacement in the squad. Rarely having to find a replacement. Soyunchu came off the bench to replace Maguire. Plus a smattering of inspired signings. We need to be replacing players before we sell and that includes Jack. Perhaps we see a couple of our younger players stepping up within the next couple of seasons.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #806 on: May 02, 2021, 03:22:32 PM »
I felt last year that we needed a experienced CB option to go alongside Mings, even if we were trying to bring Konsa along n'all.   Sort of like what West Ham did with Craig Dawson. 

But with Konsa's progress this year I don't see how you bench him. So - short of injury to either pair or Euro qualification - it's a tough sell to someone with the requisite top flight experience.

So we might be better served looking at a promising 19-22 year old to come in and fill the void. One that won't be immediately kicking off if they don't play.  I like Tuanzebe, but his injury history before he's even reached his peak is a worry.

Agree.  Think the keeper and back four have done well this season and will hopefully continue that in to next season, so not sure we need a massive amount of investment in that area. 

Heaton might want first team football, but Steer will be fine as a back-up option.  I would bring Guilbert back and have a look at him with Kesler as the third option at right back.   We need a better option than Taylor to push Targett at left-back, with Hause as a potential third option. 

On the subject of Hause, he has done well when called upon this season, so think he is fine to cover Mings.  The big question for me is around Engels and what will happen with him.  I would personally look to give him another chance as a back up to Konsa, but I can see him going. 

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
« Reply #807 on: May 02, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »
Could one of the Revan brothers or Mungo Bridge step-up to be understudies next season?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #808 on: May 02, 2021, 03:27:26 PM »
Seeing Cash bomb forward to good effect yesterday set me thinking: We might be missing a trick not playing him as an out and out winger on occasion. 

I'm not suggesting not going for a winger this summer.  But if Guilbert comes back and is in contention, depending on injuries suspensions or whatever, we could have him at RB and Cash at RM/RW.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #809 on: May 02, 2021, 03:32:46 PM »
Seeing Cash bomb forward to good effect yesterday set me thinking: We might be missing a trick not playing him as an out and out winger on occasion. 

I'm not suggesting not going for a winger this summer.  But if Guilbert comes back and is in contention, depending on injuries suspensions or whatever, we could have him at RB and Cash at RM/RW.
The alternative could be Cash at RB and Kesler who loves attacking even more as the RM.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal