collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 14886 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »
Elmo just let the ball run and had no awareness for Sheffield’s goal. It was awful, Sunday league division 4 morning after a full on Saturday bender defending. Crossing was woeful. There was a domination of the midfield without creativity.

If, after 25 games last season you would have said we’d be on the same points as Tottenham, above Arsenal and two wins outside the top six with a plus goal difference then you’d been laughed at on here. If you’d said it the season before with 25 games gone you’d have been committed.

To suggest Smith isn’t good enough to manage us is just laughable at the minute.

Digging Elmo out for being on another planet is justified entirely but we had more than enough time to recover.
Missing Grealish has a big impact on us and we're going to get tough nights without him.
People saying times up Deano have short memories.
If you want to fine but for every Sheffield Utd away there's a Liverpool at home.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2021, 08:58:16 PM »
We've certainly learned that we need more off the bench.
Frankly, Davis and Barkley coming on made zero impact. Either, we're banking on the kids or we need to spend some more this summer.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2021, 08:58:49 PM »
You do not score goals by lobbing diagonal balls int to box.
You also need some threat with free kicks and corners, we have nine.
We were offensively inept and made it very easy for Their defenders.
I hope that Smith drops El Ghazi and Traore for Saturday.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2021, 09:00:14 PM »

Every time there’s a couple of bad results this shite comes out the woodwork. We’re 9th, this time two years ago we were mid table at best in the championship. We’re on average form but also completely secure in the division and have made huge strides and are frankly unrecognisable to any villa side since some point 11 years ago. I’ll keep my rose tinted glasses on for a bit longer ta.

Leicester sacked the man who won them the league in the most amazing circumstances, and Chelsea have just sacked an ex-legend who got them Champions League in his frst season in less thn perfect circumstances. Sometimes you have to make difficult decisions to progress. That time isn't now, but I'm not convinced that Dean is a top 4 level manager, and I think at some point we'll outgrow him if the owners are serious, which I think they are.

Totally agree with this. I like Dean a lot as a person, super bloke. But I couldn’t give a toss that he is one of us, I just want a top quality manager to take us to the next level. It maybe Dean, it maybe someone else, but as a betting man, I think it might be someone else. Losing to Burnley and the bottom wasters that are Sheffield Utd  and outplayed at Brighton doesn’t help his case one bit.

Let’s think big for a change. Different era and times but go back to the early 70’s. Vic Crowe, lovely guy he was took us so far, but we took the decision to improve and in came Sir Ron. The rest is history. Improve from a position of growing strength is my view whether that’s players or managers. But don’t stand still. MON was the top quality manager of his day when he came in 2006, we need his equivalent now. Our owners are far more switched on than Randy is so I trust them to make the right decisions

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2021, 09:00:16 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Bloody Nora.

If the internet had been around in 1992...

Every time there’s a couple of bad results this shite comes out the woodwork. We’re 9th, this time two years ago we were mid table at best in the championship. We’re on average form but also completely secure in the division and have made huge strides and are frankly unrecognisable to any villa side since some point 11 years ago. I’ll keep my rose tinted glasses on for a bit longer ta.
you're right - but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed off and want better - as tonight simply should have been better, regardless of last season :)

There's a bit of a difference between wanting better and saying the manager should be sacked every time we get beat.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2021, 09:00:41 PM »
They looked like me out there tonight. Furloughed from work.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Bloody Nora.

I was about to mention the Oldham game.

Xmas ruined cos of Micky bloody Quinn ! Atkinson out !

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2021, 09:01:56 PM »
He won’t drop them both. He might play Trezeguet, which will be neither here nor there, but he’ll play 2 wide and Watkins up top. He always does.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2021, 09:03:02 PM »

Bloody Nora.

you're right - but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed off and want better - as tonight simply should have been better, regardless of last season :)

There's a bit of a difference between wanting better and saying the manager should be sacked every time we get beat.
Exactly  so far over the top it’s unreal

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »

I don't think anybody has though, have they?

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »

Traore offers more promise than he delivers. He clearly has ability. That piece of skill in the box in the first half was sensational. However it's the odd thing now and again. He needs to be more of a consistent threat to warrant his place.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2021, 09:06:46 PM »

Traore offers more promise than he delivers. He clearly has ability. That piece of skill in the box in the first half was sensational. However it's the odd thing now and again. He needs to be more of a consistent threat to warrant his place.

I think he has a history of doing exactly that. Will he ever be more consistent? TBH I doubt it. If we want to be a mid table club, he will do fine for us over the next 2 or 3 seasons, if we strive to better, he won’t be part of it

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2021, 09:07:12 PM »

He looked like he was playing for himself not the team, he lost the ball numerous times when there was a pass to a player in a better position.
He also bottled a few challenges. A liability tonight.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
Quality of delivery was very poor all night.

In retrospect we got the team badly wrong. We needed quality and guile against a stubborn and very limited side. We didn't need Nakamba and sadly a game too far for Ramsey.

Too slow to move the ball, some atrociously poor delivery all night, a penalty not given, Traore effort and the woodwork is about all we had to show. Totally devoid of any quality in the final ball.

Elmo has cost us 3 goals in 3 games. Cash plays, we draw or maybe actually find a cross, who knows

We are crazily inconsistent at the moment.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:53 PM »
One of those games where you just knew we would lose. Joe Cole giving us the big build-up. Sheffield doomed and comments about how down Wilder looked. A nicked goal - plenty of time lads we can beat this lot. Sending off, never works in our favour - made it worse. Elmo just nowhere as the ball came in for the goal (would Cash have dealt with that?). Targett, usually such a good crosser of the ball not on it tonight (I think he especially misses his link-up play with Jack). Then a moment of magic from Traore - wrong side of the post, blatant penalty which they didn't seem to even look at. And it's Wednesday night - we don't win Wednesday nights.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal