collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 15227 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:37 PM »
Wank.

I love how your mastery of the subtleties of the English language shines through at times like these. Captures it perfectly.

I'm hoping it wasn't a direct order I've got to take the dog out.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:34 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Bloody Nora.

If the internet had been around in 1992...

?

Offline john2710

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2021, 08:31:00 PM »
Without Jack we are a hit & hope team. There's no way we're finishing in the top 7 & to be honest we're not ready to play that number of games.

Add 3-4 quality signings so that the likes of McGinn, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Davies, Elmo & Trez aren't any where near the starting 11 next season. 

We have to remember where we started from & we won't get to the top 6 in just over a season.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2021, 08:31:07 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Whoa.
With respect thats a b******s post.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2021, 08:31:50 PM »
How shit are we at free kicks and corners?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:01 PM »
Agree on that starting the same team from Saturday made little sense. That team worked against Leeds because Leeds pose a very specific threat. Sheffield Utd are completely different and we needed guile and invention to beat them. Oh and what the bloody hell does Sanson need to do to get a start?!

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:07 PM »
But...Ollie Burke, what a strange bloke. Does he like football?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:47 PM »
Think tonight showed that when a game isn't moving up and down the pitch, and we can't move the ball quickly, we struggle to create anything.  We are waiting for a bit of magic from someone, which shouldn't be the case.

Our movement was really poor in that last 30 mins. I want us to at least try a few give and goes around the box, a few one-touch movements to move the ball quickly and get them out of position. 

I know we're a world away from a team like City right now, but watch them when they are playing a team parking the bus - they just constantly recycle the ball with one-touch passes, rotating positions, looking for an opening - we looked pretty turgid trying to break them down. An unfair comparison, yes, but it was plain to see.

Yes, if McGinn's right-foot chance goes in, we win easily.  If Bert's shot after his mazy run goes in, I'm sure we win.  But once it becomes a game of attack vs defence, we really seem to struggle.  Jack would obviously make a big difference to that, floating around looking for pockets of space, but I would have hoped to see us fashion one or two CLEAR cut chances in half an hour against 10 men sitting behind the ball.

Yet another big chance missed to close up to the top group getting away from mid-table.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2021, 08:34:14 PM »
lacking the same urgency we had for the leeds job.
the final15mins was just lumping into the mixer, meat and drink to sheffield's big centre halves.
Barkley was taping up his socks ready to come on when Jagelka got sent off. Why did deano dither and tell him to sit down for ten mins whilst he studied Wilders changes?
I would of kept Traore (the man most likely in my view) on and taken Elmo off, the only way through the parked bus was dribbling & give n go's.
Can't seem to break the top six every time a win would take us there we flap it.

I would have made the subs about 10 mins earlier but to be fair to Smith, Ramsey had his brightest spell in the game around then. Surprised to see Nakamba being criticised on here. I thought he did nothing wrong that I could see anyway.

A little worrying for me how off it physically Sanson looked in his cameo. It might not be until next season that he is physically ready for this division. Barkley looked to be waiting for a handy pass that he could have a pop from outside the box. If anything he should have spun wide to create overlaps so we could have got in around the back of them.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2021, 08:34:22 PM »
How shit are we at free kicks and corners?

And crossing and taking on and beating a man etc

Online Aldridge Villa

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2021, 08:35:33 PM »
Marv rightly got many plaudits against Leeds. Surprised all of a sudden how many detractors he’s now got after his last 90 minutes. Certainly no worse than the majority of his colleagues tonight. I for one would have him in against Wolves.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2021, 08:36:30 PM »

Bloody Nora.

Every time there’s a couple of bad results this shite comes out the woodwork. We’re 9th, this time two years ago we were mid table at best in the championship. We’re on average form but also completely secure in the division and have made huge strides and are frankly unrecognisable to any villa side since some point 11 years ago. I’ll keep my rose tinted glasses on for a bit longer ta.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2021, 08:36:38 PM »
Struggling with what the biggest problem was tonight. Manager or players or both?
Both. Smith picked the wrong team to play. The opposition did not merit the amount of caution we showed. The players were totally clueless. Number of crosses that fell right into keepers hand or hit the first man defending portrayed technical and tactical incompetence. Same with free kicks finding their first man. Just not good enough.

What team would you have selected as a matter of interest?

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2021, 08:37:52 PM »
Elmo just let the ball run and had no awareness for Sheffield’s goal. It was awful, Sunday league division 4 morning after a full on Saturday bender defending. Crossing was woeful. There was a domination of the midfield without creativity.

If, after 25 games last season you would have said we’d be on the same points as Tottenham, above Arsenal and two wins outside the top six with a plus goal difference then you’d been laughed at on here. If you’d said it the season before with 25 games gone you’d have been committed.

To suggest Smith isn’t good enough to manage us is just laughable at the minute.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:40 PM »

Bloody Nora.

Every time there’s a couple of bad results this shite comes out the woodwork. We’re 9th, this time two years ago we were mid table at best in the championship. We’re on average form but also completely secure in the division and have made huge strides and are frankly unrecognisable to any villa side since some point 11 years ago. I’ll keep my rose tinted glasses on for a bit longer ta.

Same here. I'm enjoying this season on the whole, tonight was hugely frustrating but there's no need to go all Rita Hayworth.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal