collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 15289 times)

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:06 PM »
What is it about going behind, we can never win, rarely get a point. Balls into the box were shocking, catching practice for Ramsdale. Fair play Sheff Utd some tremendous defending.

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: 10 men relegation fodder 1 One man team 0 post match thread
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:06 PM »
Poor performance and even poorer result.  1 shot on target in 35 mins against the bottom of the table with 10 men.  We never looked like scoring and our crossing was absolutely, totally, completely shite.  1 cross in 95 mins that went anywhere near Watkins and he hits the bar - he’s a cracking player, but FFS have you seen another CF do that more than Ollie?

We need Jack back ASAP.

Bit harsh, thought we had a number of good scoring chances. Traore and McGinn in the first half. Traore, Konsa, Watkins in second half

I thought we lost a bit of patience to be honest, chasing it late on. McGinn dropping into the pocket too often with deep crosses to the backpost. Our crossing was very poor (Elmo in particular had a shocker) and I dont think our subs made the impact we were expecting (well maybe Davis did ok). A bit more imagination was required. Maybe Barkley and Sanson should have been demanding the ball more but neither of them improved us unfortunately. Traore continues to disappoint for me, almost a worldie of a goal but made constant poor decisions with the ball. Needs to come out of the team.

Really poor goal to concede but I thought we played reasonably well. Missed Jack obviously but also Cash badly. One of those nights. Red card was harsh I thought, similar to the game at Villa Park. Benefit of the doubt should be going to the defensive teams in those situations. Didnt do us any favours anyway as Sheff Utd practically camped inside their 18 yard box for the duration of the game.

Martinez 6, Elmo 5, Konsa 7, Mings 7, Targett 6, Nakamba 7, Ramsey 6, McGinn 7, Traore 5, Watkins 7, AEG 6. Subs: Sanson 5, Barkley 5, Davis 6

This completely sums up what I think tonight. I think you normally score a little harshly as well, but think that’s fair scoring as well.
McGinns early chance goes in we steam roll them, Ollies header goes in, we pull it round. Very frustrating and to be fair had lost some our zip before Grealish got injured, but need him and cash back.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »
so angry I could cry

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2021, 08:24:15 PM »
Time to take the rose tinted glasses off ladies and gents, we need to seriously ask is this Deans equivalent of Wilders 2019 season? We need to push on next season and no mistake. No passengers.

Whoa.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »
Another piss poor performance since the covid break too. We've completely lost our verve going forward. Even the wins have been, attacking wise, really disjointed.

Hook McGinn for Sanson and Nakamba for Luiz on Saturday. If Grealish is back all the better.

I'm really unsold on McGinn this season.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2021, 08:25:48 PM »

Bloody Nora.

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2021, 08:26:25 PM »
lacking the same urgency we had for the leeds job.
the final15mins was just lumping into the mixer, meat and drink to sheffield's big centre halves.
Barkley was taping up his socks ready to come on when Jagelka got sent off. Why did deano dither and tell him to sit down for ten mins whilst he studied Wilders changes?
I would of kept Traore (the man most likely in my view) on and taken Elmo off, the only way through the parked bus was dribbling & give n go's.
Can't seem to break the top six every time a win would take us there we flap it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2021, 08:26:47 PM »

Bloody Nora.

If the internet had been around in 1992...

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »
McGinn was dreadful tonight. He wasn't alone.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »

Bloody Nora.

If the internet had been around in 1992...
it was

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »

Bloody Nora.

Depends on who's available I guess. I'm not sure Smith is the one to take us to the fabled "next level".

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2021, 08:28:48 PM »
Struggling with what the biggest problem was tonight. Manager or players or both?
Both. Smith picked the wrong team to play. The opposition did not merit the amount of caution we showed. The players were totally clueless. Number of crosses that fell right into keepers hand or hit the first man defending portrayed technical and tactical incompetence. Same with free kicks finding their first man. Just not good enough.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:13 PM »
I thought McGinn did ok tonight to be honest, he won loads of ball back and was trying to drive the team forwards. Crossing wasnt great but neither was anyone else’s.
I just we stopped trying to play through the centre of the pick and were just hoping for something to happen when a ball was thrown in the box.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:20 PM »

Wilder on his 6th season with Sheff Utd, Deano has had one whole season and two halves, just saying like.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal