collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 15132 times)

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
Re: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
Did Targett or Elmo attempt to overlap once tonight? When the opposition is down to 10 men the fullbacks overlapping should be a given.

Targett has been superb all season but he was desperate tonight.

His crossing was comically inept.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
The most disappointing performance of the season.

Online LukeJames

Re: 10 men relegation fodder 1 One man team 0 post match thread
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 08:09:29 PM »
Awful game management, going direct against Sheffield Utd because it worked against Leeds was short sighted but Smith hardly ever changes a winning team. He needed to pick the  team that was right for this match, not the last match.

Our crossing was fucking pathetic.

How many times did we play against 10 last season and do the exact same thing over and over again? Slow, ponderous, side to side, hit and hope crosses, subs too late. It was horrendous game management. He needs to learn how too manage these situations and unfortunately he hasn't learned anything in 18 months with regards chasing games, playing against 10.

Elmohammady is absolutely shite, he's a Championship sub at best, dont give me this shit about him being a good servant, he slows down every attack by taking a touch and passing it backwards and he loses his man contionuously. Costing us twice in 3 games since Cash has been injured. Getting rid of Guilbert and keeping Elmo was such a poor decision, Cash plays with constant energy, drives forward, aggressive defending. Guilbert had the same traits but too a lesser standard, he was like for like with Cash if we needed a change. Elmo means we have to change our whole ethos on the right. I can't get my head around that decision.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »
Wank.

I love how your mastery of the subtleties of the English language shines through at times like these. Captures it perfectly.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »
Did Targett or Elmo attempt to overlap once tonight? When the opposition is down to 10 men the fullbacks overlapping should be a given.

Targett did, several times, but El Ghazi ignored him.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:12 PM »
I know we are better than last season, I know we are a work in progress but I am bloody angry tonight. We can knock Jack not being there all we like but the goals had dried up before his injury - I think Burnley away or Newcastle at home was the last time we scored twice in a game? So so frustrating.

Offline levico

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:22 PM »
Not one quality ball in, not one.

Poorest performance this season?

At least we didn’t have 5000 supporters wasting their evening in South Yorkshire.

Online Skerra

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »
Sadly I have to admit that I was 1 of the 9 people that had us down to lose tonight. Our goals seem to have dried up and, we have been so predictable in losing after a win. Also, we seem to have no one who can run at defenders. How many times tonight did the ball go wide on our left to El Ghazi who then passed it backwards then ball was crossed in by McGinn only to be headed away again. We need to get back to our earlier season form when we were zipping the ball around not going sideways and backwards so often.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
I expected us to win so of course we lost. So infuriatingly inconsistent.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
Shocking.

Offline saint13

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 08:11:11 PM »
Another big chance squandered. Our crossing was abysmal throughout. I thought Deano missed a trick not bringing Davies on 20 mins before he eventually did. Against 10 men when we were slinging balls into the box left right & centre and we needed additional presence.

We may not want to admit it, but if we are not quite a one man team, we are not far from being one. Everybody else can see it and tonight it was plain to see for all. Without Jack, we lack real quality, creativity and a cutting edge.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »
It was a bit mad to start a team that, though extremely solid, was not exactly fluid in attack against Leeds. Sheffield United were always going to defend for most of the match and we were only set up to counterattack. We have serious problems building attacks.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 08:11:50 PM »
Prince Philip!

Stick him up front etc.

Online The Edge

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 08:12:14 PM »
It was frustrating more than anything. We played some good football at times but were wasteful with our crosses into the box. Elmo's total lack of awareness for their goal and the the denial of a stonewall penalty for us were the defining moments in the game. It gave them something to play for and galvanised them to defend for their lives. We had enough chances to win but didn't. Elmo and Marv look to have proved to be not good enough for regular football. I'm disappointed but still optimistic for the club. Let's take out our frustration on Wolves and spank the cocky bastards.

Offline NorthYvillan

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 08:13:55 PM »
A team desperate for points get a lead - through very poor defending, particularly by Elmo - and then get reduced to 10 men. They park the bus.

The majority of teams would struggle to break them down - although they may have had better quality in their attempts than we mustered.

It would been better for us if Jagielka was only yellow carded as their "do-or-die" attitude would have remained less intense and we would have had more space.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal