collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528602 times)

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1995 on: March 19, 2023, 01:46:11 PM »
Those upper away end seats were on sale a few days before and only by phone. The club also made no attempt to publicise it either. There were people on here last night pointing out they wanted to go but there were no tickets online.

Stop coming on here with your facts. You’ll starve the troll.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1996 on: March 19, 2023, 01:50:04 PM »
When was the mooted time of completion, sometime during second part of 2024/25, was it?

The start of the 25/26 season is more realistic. It's at least an 18-month build - let alone the demolition of the existing stand. It's not likely to start until late 2023...
Thought I’d heard or read this week that the start of demolition and project won’t be considered until council stump up some cash for witton station improvements . That’s partly the reason the club haven’t contacted current North Stand ST holders re relocation yet

I can confirm that they haven’t. My season ticket is in the upper north stand and I’m assuming the stand will be there for all of next season. When they are building it, I know they will relocate us but I’m a bit worried about what choice we will have. “Here you go sir, your new season ticket is in the upper Trinity.  That will be double the cost please.” Sure they can only charge us north stand prices?

Offline FatSam

« Reply #1997 on: March 19, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »
I am assuming the Lower terrace of the North Stand will be kept open subject to timing.

I think that it would be entirely possibly to create temporary access to the lower tier through a build. It would all depend on cost benefit though; revenue from ticket sales against additional build cost and programme prolongation. It would help the atmosphere a lot to have 2-3k supporters behind that goal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 01:55:14 PM by FatSam »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1998 on: March 19, 2023, 01:54:45 PM »
Liverpool have done it. It might well be that we can keep the North open by and large for most of the build  then demolish part way through.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1999 on: March 19, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »
I wonder if the front rows weren't put on sale for 'safety' reasons.

I had the feeling they wanted to shift a few up there but only limited numbers as it might have created stewarding problems having home fans above away which never really happens usually. Hence phone booking only.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2000 on: March 19, 2023, 02:03:12 PM »
Anyone park in the massive industrial unit car park the club were promoting last week?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2001 on: March 19, 2023, 02:15:45 PM »
Unless they've changed very recently the required allocations to away clubs are a minimum of 3k, unless ground capacity is under 30k, then it's 10% of the ground's capacity. So unless we get special dispensation we'll still be giving away sides approx 3k.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2002 on: March 19, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »
I wonder if the front rows weren't put on sale for 'safety' reasons.

I had the feeling they wanted to shift a few up there but only limited numbers as it might have created stewarding problems having home fans above away which never really happens usually. Hence phone booking only.

Guess you could be right but Bournemouth is pretty much the most inoffensive fanbase in the premier league so I can't see what Villa fan would just get tickets to pelt missiles at them.

It's no different to when away fans were in lower north and can't remember front rows of Upper North being sectioned off.

If there was notice of a week or two it would be good to give some tickets to local people and families who might not venture to VP much but guess there's premier league rules restricting that and of course knowing what demand from the away team is difficult to tell.

I would say now I can't see Fulham bringing 2.8k fans for a midweek game based on all their years in premier league previously and some sparse away followings so interesting what the communication is like for that if it's a similar turn out.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2003 on: March 19, 2023, 02:18:39 PM »
Unless they've changed very recently the required allocations to away clubs are a minimum of 3k, unless ground capacity is under 30k, then it's 10% of the ground's capacity. So unless we get special dispensation we'll still be giving away sides approx 3k.

Someone stated that is just for the FA Cup. I don't know if that's right or not.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2004 on: March 19, 2023, 02:24:22 PM »

Someone stated that is just for the FA Cup. I don't know if that's right or not.

15% is regardless of ground size in the FA Cup.

It's only 10% in the PL if the ground capacity is lower than 30k. So a 25k capacity ground is meant to offer 2,500, 15k 1,500, 30k+ be it 31k or 80k is a minimum of 3k.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2005 on: March 19, 2023, 02:27:57 PM »

It's only 10% in the PL if the ground capacity is lower than 30k. So a 25k capacity ground is meant to offer 2,500, 15k 1,500, 30k+ be it 31k or 80k is a minimum of 3k.

So we could have a 120k stadium with only 3k away fans? I like it. Let's get it done.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2006 on: March 19, 2023, 02:42:01 PM »
There are also safety concerns. I'd think we'll offer exactly the same. Or at a pinch just the lower.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2007 on: March 19, 2023, 03:07:11 PM »

Ah right didn't know that PWS. Pretty sure for years our allocation is 2.8k for away fans. Block holds 3k but there's always odd seat left empty at end of rows.

Guess it's tough to gauge numbers sometimes. Let's say Fulham only sell 2k then it seems a bit of a waste to just house 200 of them upstairs.

When you look back at the season reviews in 90s and early 2000s it's quite interesting to see how away numbers have risen over last 15 years.

Would be rows of empty blue seats behind the goal whenever likes of Boro, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn came to VP. Likes of Man. City and Chelsea wouldn't always sell out either and we didn't always either for plenty of away matches.

Now you need to beg, borrow or regrettably steal to have any sort of chance for away ticket if you're a non season ticket holder.

Premier league football has never been more popular to watch in the modern era despite the ridiculous prices so Purslow and co have sensed this.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2008 on: March 19, 2023, 03:12:38 PM »
There were about 800 empty seat in the upper witton.

I assume Fulham midweek in late April will probably only sell out bottom tier so we need to be publicising extra blocks much earlier as a couple more wins and that could be a big one for 6th-7th when we play them and think we could get 40k Villa fans in the ground for that.

Fulham will not sell out just like other midweek evening fixtures have not . So no point opening up upper away end for that fixture. The demand isn't there and if/when the north is rebuilt we can expect many games with 8000 empty seats. The waiting list is massively inflated and can be joined by just pressing a button

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2009 on: March 19, 2023, 03:14:18 PM »
Don't reply. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal