collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 529576 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #690 on: June 13, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »
can we rename this thread please 😃

Back on topic I'd love to see Metallica, who really are the greatest band still playing out there, at Villa Park with Geezer making an appearance.

Correct BV. We're seeing them at Firenze Rocks next weekend. Not quite Villa Park but an acceptable part of the world.

Those who know, know. ;) Hope you enjoy them as much as I did when I saw them at 'Rock in Rio'. :)

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #691 on: June 13, 2022, 03:40:05 PM »
I went to watch England in Marseille and was shocked by the amount tunnels. One in particular goes from the centre right to the football stadium and it's further than Brum centre to VP so a tunnel isn't as ludicrous as it sounds.
Is that a pedestrian tunnel or a road tunnel? Can you remember roughly how wide it is?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #692 on: June 13, 2022, 07:56:03 PM »
I went to watch England in Marseille and was shocked by the amount tunnels. One in particular goes from the centre right to the football stadium and it's further than Brum centre to VP so a tunnel isn't as ludicrous as it sounds.
Is that a pedestrian tunnel or a road tunnel? Can you remember roughly how wide it is?
It's a series of road tunnels. I think there was two lanes in each direction. A lot like our Queensway tunnels.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #693 on: June 13, 2022, 10:16:52 PM »
It's a series of road tunnels. I think there was two lanes in each direction. A lot like our Queensway tunnels.
Thankyou.

I've no idea how the Queensway tunnel was bulit (was a trench dug that was then built over, for example?) but suspect it's a no-goer for the easing of conjestion at Villa Park. The Boring Company reckon they can build 12ft wide road tunnels (so wide enough for one lane) for 10M USD (around £9M?) per mile. Two tunnels running city to VP before kickoff and the opposite after you're looking at £36M (approx 2 miles), it seems. Would that even be worth it?

Maybe the tunnels need to go elsewhere? Great Barr? Erdington? Etc? I can see the bill racking up already.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #694 on: June 13, 2022, 10:21:37 PM »
I didn't think anyone was seriously suggesting digging tunnels to Villa Park. Surely not?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #695 on: June 13, 2022, 10:24:37 PM »
I didn't think anyone was seriously suggesting digging tunnels to Villa Park. Surely not?
Just brainstorming, given that the roads are conjested, the trains not running frequently enough to prevent huge queues at Witton Station, etc. Maybe we need a teleportation device.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2022, 10:25:26 PM »

Monorail !!!!

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2022, 10:27:14 PM »

Monorail !!!!
With a name like yours, I'd have thought you'd have been more up for the tunnels. **winky emote**

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #698 on: June 13, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »

Lovre Kalinic is still on our books and doing fuck-all for his salary. Give him a shovel and let him get on with it.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #699 on: June 13, 2022, 10:49:26 PM »

Monorail !!!!
With a name like yours, I'd have thought you'd have been more up for the tunnels. **winky emote**

bloody stereo typing  ::) ;)

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2022, 07:53:58 AM »
Take a look back on this thread. Underground canals going beneath Aston Hall, plus a cable car to the centre of Brum. It's the only way.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #701 on: June 14, 2022, 07:56:36 AM »

Monorail !!!!
The council wil have to go on a fact finding mission to Ogdenville and North Haverbrook.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #702 on: June 14, 2022, 08:53:02 AM »
Take a look back on this thread. Underground canals going beneath Aston Hall, plus a cable car to the centre of Brum. It's the only way.
You forgot about cable cars and hot air balloons. I think a fleet of Rickshaws parked on Aston Park is also worthy of consideration.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #703 on: June 14, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »

Monorail !!!!
The council wil have to go on a fact finding mission to Ogdenville and North Haverbrook.

monorail !!! :D

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #704 on: June 14, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »
It's always been my dream to be a monorail driver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal