collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 546575 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2021, 07:31:42 PM »
The two tiered Holte is fine, I think. It's our iconic stand, the one everybody respects, the one that least needs changing.

Agree with that, on Monday night I was thinking how nice it looked. It's the last thing we should be looking at changing.
Think what 20k would look like and sound like.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »
The two tiered Holte is fine, I think. It's our iconic stand, the one everybody respects, the one that least needs changing.

Agree with that, on Monday night I was thinking how nice it looked. It's the last thing we should be looking at changing.
Think what 20k would look like and sound like.
It would be brilliant, but as others said it's just a very low priority at the moment.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2021, 09:44:41 PM »
It also means closing our main stand for a season and potentially having to play in front of an Arsenalesque atmosphere in the meantime.

Build massive Witton Lane and North Stands and have prices that encourage a sufficient number of noisy riff raff to buy season tickets there before we start thinking of demolishing the Holte.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #468 on: May 27, 2021, 02:17:39 AM »
The Nirth Stand is the obvious candidate for Phase 1 redevelopment. I think it will happen in the next few years if the fans are allowed back fully  and we fill the ground consistently. I reckon you could squeeze it to ~55,000 if the corners were filled in between the Trinity and Witton Lane. It’s nice having 4 separate stands, but it’s a waste of space and it makes sense to do it if the North Stand is rebuilt. Stick the away fans in one corner like at the Emirates and it’s job done.

If they really wanted to think big- do the Witton Lane stand out over the road and have it all matched up to the height of the Trinity. That would be the best outcome.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2021, 09:12:15 AM »
If anyone's worried about safety given the rake required for a single tier stand it's simple - just install rail seats. That way there are safety barriers throughout the stand and when we're given the green light to bring back standing it'll be even more incredible!!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »
The Nirth Stand is the obvious candidate for Phase 1 redevelopment. I think it will happen in the next few years if the fans are allowed back fully  and we fill the ground consistently. I reckon you could squeeze it to ~55,000 if the corners were filled in between the Trinity and Witton Lane. It’s nice having 4 separate stands, but it’s a waste of space and it makes sense to do it if the North Stand is rebuilt. Stick the away fans in one corner like at the Emirates and it’s job done.

If they really wanted to think big- do the Witton Lane stand out over the road and have it all matched up to the height of the Trinity. That would be the best outcome.

You can't extend Witton Lane because of the houses.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »
I think the idea to include facilities for the Witton Lane within the new North Stand would be ideal.  The existing facilities in there wouldn't be out of place in Lilliput.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #472 on: May 27, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »

you don't think they would let them go over the road Dave ?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2021, 10:59:34 AM »

you don't think they would let them go over the road Dave ?

Into where? There's green space on the other side of the road then rows of houses that would be overlooked

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #474 on: May 27, 2021, 11:07:11 AM »
Liverpool bought out a lot of the housing around their main stand to extend it but from memory it wasn't a very pleasant process and damaged relations between the club and the community.

While we have capacity behind the North Stand, that should really be the area of focus when we look to redevelopment but I'm always wary of whether or not we need any more than another 5/10k seats unless we have an unprecedented run of success and for old cynics like me, that seems fanciful.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »
Liverpool bought out a lot of the housing around their main stand to extend it but from memory it wasn't a very pleasant process and damaged relations between the club and the community.

While we have capacity behind the North Stand, that should really be the area of focus when we look to redevelopment but I'm always wary of whether or not we need any more than another 5/10k seats unless we have an unprecedented run of success and for old cynics like me, that seems fanciful.

I think Witton Lane needs more space for facilities than anything else , but not sure how viable that is 

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2021, 11:23:04 AM »

I think Witton Lane needs more space for facilities than anything else , but not sure how viable that is 

That is the biggest complaint levelled at that particular structure (apart form the name of course) and without extension it hard to see what can be done unless you impinge on the corporate areas which is highly unlikely.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »
The magical number for me is 48,000 due to that being the capacity in the late 70,s and early 80's

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2021, 07:22:08 PM »
That's not big enough, it would mean Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham would all have bigger capacities than us, I think we've gotta eventually be looking at least 55k.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2021, 10:13:12 PM »
Nothing less than 50k it's not worth doing otherwise.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal